Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

What exactly are we waiting for public safety to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometime around June/July. Then you should see b26 a month or two after that.

Sometime posted the official date, I forgot which forum had that spreadsheet.

Sometime around June/July. Then you should see b26 a month or two after that.

Sometime posted the official date, I forgot which forum had that spreadsheet.

Thanks! Alot of great info from you guys. Still a lot more waiting to do. After almost 3 years of patience hopefully in these next few months it will get better with alot more band 41 while we wait for band 26

Thanks! Alot of great info from you guys. Still a lot more waiting to do. After almost 3 years of patience hopefully in these next few months it will get better with alot more band 41 while we wait for band 26

In northern California, b26 popped up a month after they got the green light.

B26 is launched up in clusters, so it might be a while before it is pervasive. Even then, it is not turned on full power. You have to wait for optimizations to take place.

• 4 weeks later...

Was in the Palm Springs/Indian Wells area this past weekend. Went to the day session of the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden on Sunday and LTE worked well (B25). Not sure what the attendance was, but last year during the same day session (men's second round and women's third round), there were 30,500. And last year when I was there, it was 3G.

I was on B25 pretty much the entire time, except when I connected to B41 at the top of Stadium 1. There is a cell tower on the site, but apparently doesn't have B41 yet, so the B41 signal was coming from a site further away. Speed tests weren't extraordinary, but considering the amount of people, it was good enough for me and I had no issues. Attached are the speed tests I randomly ran at different points during the day.

Screenshot_2015-03-15-12-20-02.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-15-13-41-17.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-15-15-08-51.jpg

Was in the Palm Springs/Indian Wells area this past weekend. Went to the day session of the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden on Sunday and LTE worked well (B25). Not sure what the attendance was, but last year during the same day session (men's second round and women's third round), there were 30,500. And last year when I was there, it was 3G.

I was on B25 pretty much the entire time, except when I connected to B41 at the top of Stadium 1. There is a cell tower on the site, but apparently doesn't have B41 yet, so the B41 signal was coming from a site further away. Speed tests weren't extraordinary, but considering the amount of people, it was good enough for me and I had no issues. Attached are the speed tests I randomly ran at different points during the day.

Pass by there on my way to school speeds usually average 10-15Mbs on band 25 when there are no tournament there, those speed you posted are perfect for uploading pics, Web page, YouTube 480p without random buffering and may by 720p with a bit of buffering, so I really can't complain since I finally have LTE in Thermal, Ca (that 4% Verizon doesn't cover) T-mobile also doesn't cover here and Att is co-located with the Sprint tower. Her are some average speeds in the middle of nowhere. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji2] uploadfromtaptalk1426542613301.png
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in Palm Springs and I haven't seen any LTE since being up here. Has it been turned off or something? RootMetrics and S4GRU show LTE in Palm Springs but all I see is legacy 3G. Confused.

I'm in Palm Springs and I haven't seen any LTE since being up here. Has it been turned off or something? RootMetrics and S4GRU show LTE in Palm Springs but all I see is legacy 3G. Confused.

Almost all of Palm Springs has LTE what phone do you have??

Here's a screen shot of were people have recorded having sprint LTE in Palm Springs (note: coverage should be better as more towers have been active, check sprint.com for coverage about your area.)

eccba207cc4d4b883518d428b76bd9b8.jpg

An iPhone 6 (Spark). Yeah I'm not getting any LTE at all anywhere in Palm Springs. I'm actually roaming on Verizon at my motel.

An iPhone 6 (Spark). Yeah I'm not getting any LTE at all anywhere in Palm Springs. I'm actually roaming on Verizon at my motel.

I think sprint might be having some issues in parts of Riverside. I was having the same issue just north of Temecula .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah, we were discussing this in the LA thread a few weeks ago. :td:

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Thanks.. hopefully the wait won't be too long

But reception hasn't really been something to complain about in my area like in the past so I'm grateful for that!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely need it here in south ridge Fontana and sucks that's it just keeps getting pushed back. There is one tower in this entire area and I live about a mile away from the tower and don't get LTE band 25 or 41 and 3G doesn't work at all. I try to do speed tests and it just says network communication issues or no internet connection available. I've files so many network issues but still nothing. This all started happening early February. One day decent 3G speeds and he voice, the next day no 3G no he voice, calls cutting off and failing and sprint sign saying extended 1x. Anybody else having this problem or anyone with ideas with what's been going on? Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150717/carriers/sprint-cranks-up-speed-with-carrier-aggregation-tag17

Looks like riverside/San bernardino market along with LA metro and orange County are on the list for Carrier Aggregation markets

We had an article on this two days earlier than RCR

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-391-psa-carrier-aggregation-now-officially-live/

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Second Carrier LTE 25 in Corona last night. 

Sprint service at my home is alright but not excellent, noticed that connectivity is improving specially on the 2nd floor of the house, staying in LTE 25 and alternating with LTE 41. Sprint must be fine tuning the towers.

Screenshot_20151221-154142.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Trip report after being at Countdown NYE at NOS center in San Bernardino last night, event was packed with 3 tents full of people, luckily location has a Network Vision tower on site and service was excellent, was able to send texts immediately and browse insomniac's website, check out the map and line up with speeds around 1mb.  Was connected to Band 41 second carrier all night. Also noticed minimal battery drain on my Moto X Pure due to low signal. Gotta say, I love being connected and see Sprint service improving, looking back a few years, my phone would die due to signal or simply be in airplane mode due to bad connectivity.

I was at Ontario Airport earlier this week and was connected go Band 26 while I was there and inside Ontario Mills. I thought they were gonna roll oub Band 26 when they were San Bernardino safety department was done rebanding.

Screenshot_20151230-120107.png

Screenshot_20151230-120114.png

I was at Ontario Airport earlier this week and was connected go Band 26 while I was there and inside Ontario Mills. I thought they were gonna roll oub Band 26 when they were San Bernardino safety department was done rebanding.

I feel like that almost has to be a bug.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2358-everything-800mhz-1xa-lte-coverage-timeline-etc/?p=443976

From that it seems like san bernardino public safety had until January 2017 to finally move off the 800mhz spectrum. It would be a miracle if they're done already.

I have seen this issue before. From every thing I can tell on my phone it is from the second b25 carrier.

I have seen this in San Diego, OC, and the IE.

Sent from my HTC M9

Check out this app. It provides lots of good info when connected to Sprints different LTE bands.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite&hl=en