Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

hi guy's ,,, here is some new news ,,,,,

Riverside/San Bernardino

...Sites Complete = 41%; Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2013

...Original Scheduled Completion = October 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = January 2014

As I posted elsewhere, keep in mind the completion date is just a result of the algorithm factoring the current rate of site completion and extrapolating that out over the remaining sites. Once work picks up, you'll see that date change. It is in no way an actual forecast, it's simply there to give an idea of how quickly work is progressing over the last couple of weeks.

Impressive what's happening in Fontana. I-10 at Citrus Ave.

I wish it would be like that in most of fontana. My area is completly dead with the dreaded circle. I live in the southridge area where live oak elementry is at. Hopefully a tower near that area gets LTE or even just a 3g upgrade.

I wish it would be like that in most of fontana. My area is completly dead with the dreaded circle. I live in the southridge area where live oak elementry is at. Hopefully a tower near that area gets LTE or even just a 3g upgrade.

Its coming soon Im sure..I live around the nature center and we are getting LTE Here, Not as fast as 20 down but still, a respectable 3-4 down which is a welcome boost of speed

Its coming soon Im sure..I live around the nature center and we are getting LTE Here, Not as fast as 20 down but still, a respectable 3-4 down which is a welcome boost of speed

Hopefully. And the tower by my high school patriot High School is getting worse and worse. There were workers on it for about 2 weeks and the speeds were around 1.20megs up before they worked on it. and now the highest is a sluggish .30megs up. They installed 4 white panels on the small tower and its been already 2 weeks and no sign of upgrade. Does anyone know what this means?

. Does anyone know what this means?

Slow speeds mean that NV is coming, thats what happened near my house. 4 days of useless 3G data and bam on the 5th day LTE popped.

Also, sprint turns on 3G sites in clusters, I only see like 2 sites upgraded in your area, so they are probably waiting to upgrade a few more before they turn on the tower cluster.

Hope this helps

Slow speeds mean that NV is coming, thats what happened near my house. 4 days of useless 3G data and bam on the 5th day LTE popped.

Also, sprint turns on 3G sites in clusters, I only see like 2 sites upgraded in your area, so they are probably waiting to upgrade a few more before they turn on the tower cluster.

Hope this helps

Thanks! Fast reply and great information! Thank you so much!. But one more thing, the tower has been super super slow for over 2 weeks already. Is it suppose to be terrible for this long??

Thanks! Fast reply and great information! Thank you so much!. But one more thing, the tower has been super super slow for over 2 weeks already. Is it suppose to be terrible for this long??

I heard Robert saying in another thread that towers in progress might take weeks up to a year to be upgraded.

In your area, I didnt see any in progess towers. Also a site that is upgraded might seem upgraded but not turned on, this means that the legacy equipment is still broadcasting 3G service (Slow speeds), this is because NV equipment creates interference with Legacy equipment, remember me saying "the network is brought online into clusters ( lot of upgraded sites that go online at the same time to avoid interference) "

What's the progress in Riverside so far?

Progress is been slow so far.

If you would like to see detailed info of your city, you can always donate and help keep this site running!! its definitely worth it :)

Turned on my LTE phone tonight since my data speeds on 3G were massively good (on my Galaxy SII with 4G turned off) [compared to the past several months here] just to see and believe it or not my Samsung SPH-L300 states I am connected to a Unknown 4G Network. Mobile Network Type is listed as: eHRPD: 13 if I remember correctly that means it is a LTE tower no? I live in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs Market) in Indio. My specific location is off Avenue 42nd and Jackson street in where the locals know it as Shadow Hills. Attached are screen shots... Let me know what you guys think...

post-3391-0-51212100-1368433650_thumb.png

post-3391-0-25113000-1368433658_thumb.png

Turned on my LTE phone tonight since my data speeds on 3G were massively good (on my Galaxy SII with 4G turned off) [compared to the past several months here] just to see and believe it or not my Samsung SPH-L300 states I am connected to a Unknown 4G Network. Mobile Network Type is listed as: eHRPD: 13 if I remember correctly that means it is a LTE tower no? I live in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs Market) in Indio. My specific location is off Avenue 42nd and Jackson street in where the locals know it as Shadow Hills. Attached are screen shots... Let me know what you guys think...

Doesnt mean its LTE accepted yet just means your connected to the LTE core ehrpd is for a seamless hand off between 3G and LTE a nv tower usually has sub 100ms ping and average speed of 1.5mbps.

So long as the 3g speeds are improving in the Coachella valley there's no need to rush on LTE, but it would be nice to see just how fast LTE will be here compared to very populated places. :)

Honestly cant believe that I'm getting faster speeds on sprints 1x than 3g here in Palm Desert :blink:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1368479472595.jpg

OK this is just crazy :wacko:, net flux streaming is pretty good to and YouTube videos as well not all in HD though but still unbelievable.. never seen this in 1x

uploadfromtaptalk1368479645817.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368479674859.jpg

You are correct I am not getting LTE speeds yet, I generally hover around 1.5-2.0mbps which is a LOT better then I had been getting for the past year. It is nice to actually be back up to the speeds I was getting a while back before something happened and killed my data. My other phone has WiMax and there is two towers in the Coachella Valley that I hit, one being in La Quinta by Costco and the other one in Cathedral City right around the Food 4 Less shopping center. My WiMax data hits around 7-8mbps which is awesome, but it is really limited in the areas I can use it and maintain the signal.

I just did a speed test on my Galaxy SII and here is the current 3G... Last week I was getting around 100-200Kb and now I am closer to 1Mb... Things are moving in the right direction...

post-3391-0-80160800-1368496663_thumb.png

Same here I use the same towers for wimax in the Coachella valley when close to them, so far from palm desert so cathedral city speeds have been better since the majority of the towers there have the NV 3g complete, but most of indio to coachella is unusable. I live in Thermal and speeds are almost always great for me since I live close to the tower and Mecca has gotten a bit better to were you can at least download a web page.

OK some one please tell me that this could be a sing of LTE coming if I'm getting these kinds of speeds on 1xrtt:7

uploadfromtaptalk1368498709234.jpg