Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Of course my iPhone is now making a liar out of me... I can't seem to reproduce that result for my life. Furthermore, now my engineering screen will not showing anything at all for the download bandwidth field.

We'll just call it an odd device error ;)
  • Like 1

I'm noticing that my iPhone 6 Plus holds onto band 41 like a beast, even in the bowels of my job where my 5s reverted to EVDO. Also, where I'm at right now, the B41 bandwidth is only 5Mhz. Is this due to our market's deployment being handled by Clearwire? Or legacy WiMAX taking up frequencies? both?

My guess it was outdated data that your device did not refresh.  Sprint may deploy some slivers of 15, 10 or 5MHz B41 in the future with remaining spectrum scraps after 20MHz wide channel possibilities have been exhausted.  But I would be shocked to see any other than in some FIT testing at this point.

• Like 1

My guess it was outdated data that your device did not refresh. Sprint may deploy some slivers of 15, 10 or 5MHz B41 in the future with remaining spectrum scraps after 20MHz wide channel possibilities have been exhausted. But I would be shocked to see any other than in some FIT testing at this point.

I finally got my 6 Plus to show the download frequency again at the same location. It now shows 20 MHz as expected.

Glitch that was, likely from have switched from B25 to B41 without the engineering screen refreshing.

junyrube.jpg

• Like 2

Tampa is swimming in Triband.  People you know must be like you sitting on a Uniband LTE device.  I am hearing lots of good B41 and B26 around Tampa.

2 Guys I work with one has a GS5 the other has an GS4mini both with "SPARK" and they are getting only marginally better at my office in Sable Park. average speeds are between 700K and and maybe 1.5M. Their upstreams are like 10M but who cares about upstream when you have down stream issues  those speeds buffer video like youtube.

2 Guys I work with one has a GS5 the other has an GS4mini both with "SPARK" and they are getting only marginally better at my office in Sable Park. average speeds are between 700K and and maybe 1.5M. Their upstreams are like 10M but who cares about upstream when you have down stream issues  those speeds buffer video like youtube.

I don't doubt your experience in that location.  But market wide, Tampa has a lot of B26 and B41 coverage.  A lot.  And the experience is night and day from what it was.

I agree it is much better even for the uniband Note II that I have from what it was...  I am hoping the next nexus device is like the current 5 in that it will work on Sprint and T-Mo.  Because I figure I will buy it and see how Tri-band works for me.  If I still have issues in all my regular locations I might end up jumping ship, and that would be a big deal for me because I have been with Sprint since 1997

• 2 weeks later...

So I spotted my first 8t8r in the Tampa area, my home tower! Although I use wifi this should help Busch Gardens as it just a half mile east of the park. They are up there now installing the extra panels. I'll try to get a pic in the next days ahead.

• Like 2

Today I've noticed that my s5 stayed on b41 or b26 all day in St. Pete. But I also noticed in some area's I got some pretty slow download speeds. I would kinda like to see a 8t8r deployment running list like with the lte running list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone here live in the Lakeland Fl area, curious as to what kind of Download and Upload speeds you are seeing, my new Nexus 6 has mostly been holding to B26 here, but Im only seeing average download speeds of about 4Mpbs and upload of less than 1Mbps.

For over a week now, Clear sites that are not located on Sprint sites are not working. It'll show as getting a 4G signal but they'll be no data. People in the NYC forum are also reporting this problem. Anyone else confirm?

My local clear site was acting crazy here in DC. Seems to have come back online. Someone must have forgotten to pay the cable bill.

• 3 weeks later...

Things seem to have come to a dead stop here in St. Pete.

All of florida has slowed with acceptances. I think they are focusing on getting b26 ready for state wide launch which should be in january I think, and also getting 8t8r and b41 going. 

Around central Florida band 26 is literally everywhere including boondocks. More towers have it than not. I see no 8t8r action at all though.

All of florida has slowed with acceptances. I think they are focusing on getting b26 ready for state wide launch which should be in january I think, and also getting 8t8r and b41 going.

Around central Florida band 26 is literally everywhere including boondocks. More towers have it than not. I see no 8t8r action at all though.

Several around Orlando. If you want I can pull up my logs for you tomorrow.

Only in tampa, Orlando, Tampa and Mia areas. There is no Band 41 within a 80 miles north or south of me. Some of these cities are not small enough for a 2 5*5 bands to keep congestion down. I have seen it too many times even here. I see more att carrier aggregation, more xlte, and even more wideband LTE than Sprint Spark. Sprint Spark is awesome when I'm around it. But don't want to go 80 miles just to get the better experience.