Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

• 2 weeks later...

At the renovated Floridian Hotel downtown Tampa awesome LTE. Band 41 and deep inside Band 25 and 26. The nearby tower was just LTE accepted.

Yes, that latest tower turn on did great for those in downtown Tampa.. awesome.  I'm regrouping today and back at working up in Michigan for a couple more weeks.   Hoping more site work gets completed on my return.  Keep up the reporting on Tampa folks!

So I read in the New York City forum that the LTE Discovery with the Galaxy S5 has problems reporting B41. Over there someone said the quick and dirty way to figure out the band is if the CGI starts with 02 it's B41. Anyone know what it is for our area?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro.

So I read in the New York City forum that the LTE Discovery with the Galaxy S5 has problems reporting B41. Over there someone said the quick and dirty way to figure out the band is if the CGI starts with 02 it's B41. Anyone know what it is for our area?

Haven't been in Tampa for awhile so I can't help you with what the first three digits of the GCI are for B41, but if you can can get those three digits and the TAC you can create a custom band rule in the menu of LTE Discovery's signal tab so it will always recognize that as B41.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been in Tampa for awhile so I can't help you with what the first three digits of the GCI are for B41, but if you can can get those three digits and the TAC you can create a custom band rule in the menu of LTE Discovery's signal tab so it will always recognize that as B41.

Thanks. I've been randomly going into the debug menu looking for band 41 and when I finally saw it, I went to LTE Discovery and got the CGI and other info. This was in Carrollwood near Fletcher and Dale Mabry.

ybejuhu2.jpg

Did I fill out too much info or is it okay?

Edited by EeZeEpEe

Thanks. I've been randomly going into the debug menu looking for band 41 and when I finally saw it, I went to LTE Discovery and got the CGI and other info. This was in Carrollwood near Fletcher and Dale Mabry.

Did I fill out too much info or is it okay?

I'd recommend removing the cell and sector fields (make sure they are blank) so this will work across all Band 41 sites in the area that use "04B" to designate B41 sites.  Right now this will only detect Band 41 on one sector of the site you logged.

I'd recommend removing the cell and sector fields (make sure they are blank) so this will work across all Band 41 sites in the area that use "04B" to designate B41 sites. Right now this will only detect Band 41 on one sector of the site you logged.

Thanks. I figured it was too specific. Will start logging my commutes and see where I drive though that's B41.

B41 doing a good job at the Mid-Florida Amphitheater during One Republic concert.

So that's who was there last night.  I flew back in to Tampa last night and saw the traffic going in and wondered who was playing there :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new in the forum for a bit, was hoping to see some new progress in some locations, especially the airport.  They still haven't fired up the site there as I flew out of there this morning and still getting connectivity out of Veterans Expressway site.  I've been working in the East Michigan market for the past two months, then off to Pittsburgh for a week, and hoping that some more progress is seen when I return back to Tampa in the next two weeks.  I've been following the map updates, but nothing really exciting going on there, seems to have stagnated a bit, but I suspect some of that is due to backhaul delays.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new in the forum for a bit, was hoping to see some new progress in some locations, especially the airport.  They still haven't fired up the site there as I flew out of there this morning and still getting connectivity out of Veterans Expressway site.  I've been working in the East Michigan market for the past two months, then off to Pittsburgh for a week, and hoping that some more progress is seen when I return back to Tampa in the next two weeks.  I've been following the map updates, but nothing really exciting going on there, seems to have stagnated a bit, but I suspect some of that is due to backhaul delays.

Yeah I am starting to get tired of my Sprint service. Seems everywhere I actually go I have little to no services. I have had alot of friends jumping ship to T-Mo.

3 main places I go, Sable Park area (I get spotty coverage from no "no network" to maybe 2Mbps)  IP, Terrible signal there most the time less than 100Kbps, and the Trinity area, mostly 3G coverage with less than 300Kbps.

in comparison I borrowed a friends "4G" GSM not even LTE T-Mo LG phone, to test signals, and I was getting 5-8 Mbps in all the same locations and that is not even using LTE.  I am still using an older Note II because I haven't found a new phone I want yet.  waiting for the Nexus 6 or X whatever it is called.

Just been very dissatisfied. with how slowly LTE has progressed.

Yeah I am starting to get tired of my Sprint service. Seems everywhere I actually go I have little to no services. I have had alot of friends jumping ship to T-Mo.

3 main places I go, Sable Park area (I get spotty coverage from no "no network" to maybe 2Mbps)  IP, Terrible signal there most the time less than 100Kbps, and the Trinity area, mostly 3G coverage with less than 300Kbps.

in comparison I borrowed a friends "4G" GSM not even LTE T-Mo LG phone, to test signals, and I was getting 5-8 Mbps in all the same locations and that is not even using LTE.  I am still using an older Note II because I haven't found a new phone I want yet.  waiting for the Nexus 6 or X whatever it is called.

Just been very dissatisfied. with how slowly LTE has progressed.

Tampa is swimming in Triband.  People you know must be like you sitting on a Uniband LTE device.  I am hearing lots of good B41 and B26 around Tampa.

• Like 2

Tampa is swimming in Triband. People you know must be like you sitting on a Uniband LTE device. I am hearing lots of good B41 and B26 around Tampa.

Yeah I've logged my commutes going from Westshore to Temple Terrace and the eastern edge of Clearwater and B26 the whole time with some B41.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S5

Edited by EeZeEpEe
  • Like 2

Nothing new in the forum for a bit, was hoping to see some new progress in some locations, especially the airport. They still haven't fired up the site there as I flew out of there this morning and still getting connectivity out of Veterans Expressway site. I've been working in the East Michigan market for the past two months, then off to Pittsburgh for a week, and hoping that some more progress is seen when I return back to Tampa in the next two weeks. I've been following the map updates, but nothing really exciting going on there, seems to have stagnated a bit, but I suspect some of that is due to backhaul delays.

The airport has B41 broadcasting now from the top of the hotel.

The airport has B41 broadcasting now from the top of the hotel.

I'll have to check it out.  I'll be back there on Sunday.  I've been working in Michigan for two months and am now back in Tampa.  It wasn't on the other day when I was there so good to know they have it working now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm noticing that my iPhone 6 Plus holds onto band 41 like a beast, even in the bowels of my job where my 5s reverted to EVDO. Also, where I'm at right now, the B41 bandwidth is only 5Mhz. Is this due to our market's deployment being handled by Clearwire? Or legacy WiMAX taking up frequencies? both?

I'm noticing that my iPhone 6 Plus holds onto band 41 like a beast, even in the bowels of my job where my 5s reverted to EVDO. Also, where I'm at right now, the B41 bandwidth is only 5Mhz. Is this due to our market's deployment being handled by Clearwire? Or legacy WiMAX taking up frequencies? both?

Do you have a field test screenshot of that?

Of course my iPhone is now making a liar out of me... I can't seem to reproduce that result for my life. Furthermore, now my engineering screen will not showing anything at all for the download bandwidth field.

• Like 1