Evo LTE serious problems or bull?

gangrene

The problem is what if its not a software issue like we all think? What if its hardware and 6 months down the line when the phone is out of warranty LTE is out there enough for people to actually see the problem? What recourse will we have then?

It would have to be a software issue. If you switch to lte only then it picks up lte at weaker levels just fine and it maintains that signal but of course when you are on lte only the phone isn't good for anything else. I really think its a software issue but if its a hardware issue then I don't know. In either case though there are a lot of customers thinking that sprints 4g lte coverage sucks when in reality its their evo's and not the network and instead of fixing the issue with the evo itself sprint would rather say its the network.

Ok,, I'm starting to think my phones behavior is due to the fact that I'm always so close to the tower. After further test, when I'm at a point where I just assume I was out of range it would go to 3g. I installed the lte switch app and put it into lte only and I have discovered that I actually have lte in them areas. Not great lte,, 6 over 3 for speed but still much better than 3g. I SEE THE LIGHT, OK. lol. I now see the issue that everyone is talking about.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

• Like 3

Ok,, I'm starting to think my phones behavior is due to the fact that I'm always so close to the tower. After further test, when I'm at a point where I just assume I was out of range it would go to 3g. I installed the lte switch app and put it into lte only and I have discovered that I actually have lte in them areas. Not great lte,, 6 over 3 for speed but still much better than 3g. I SEE THE LIGHT, OK. lol. I now see the issue that everyone is talking about.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Exactly how close are you to the tower?

So lemme get this straight... when you switch the Evo to this LTE only mode, it performs as it should, similarly to the GS3? But when it's in the regular LTE/CDMA mode is when it chooses the stronger 3G signal over the weaker LTE signal?

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

As more towers get upgraded the issue will continue to decrease but in the mean time there will continue to be lots of complaints and its going to come from evo owners compared to the other lte device owners.

So lemme get this straight... when you switch the Evo to this LTE only mode, it performs as it should, similarly to the GS3? But when it's in the regular LTE/CDMA mode is when it chooses the stronger 3G signal over the weaker LTE signal?

Exactly(once the lte signal strength drops to a certain level, yes)

I will say that the LTE connectivity issues don't seem to be a problem on the EVO LTE until you use LTE side by side on it with other Sprint LTE devices (as both you and I have done, and many others in these forums). That is when the EVO LTE connectivity issues become apparent.

Robert

Maybe the Evo is just a little shy and when it is around other devices it doesn't like to show off. I'm going with that. :unsure:

• Like 6

strange,, there is a cdma /lte setting and a lte /cdma setting. I have it on the lte/cdma setting and everything is working perfectly at work. I thought there just was not enough signal at work but now it is steady lte at about 10 over 6 speed.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

• Like 1

strange,, there is a cdma /lte setting and a lte /cdma setting. I have it on the lte/cdma setting and everything is working perfectly at work. I thought there just was not enough signal at work but now it is steady lte at about 10 over 6 speed.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Which dialer code are you using?

*#*#4636#*#* or ##3283# + MSL ?

Using that, will it still give you 3G when you go completely out of LTE coverage?
the way I have it set it should. I will see at around 4:15. At first I had it on a setting where it took away my phone service, lte only.. Putting it on lte /cdma in this app is working perfectly.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

the way I have it set it should. I will see at around 4:15. At first I had it on a setting where it took away my phone service, lte only.. Putting it on lte /cdma in this app is working perfectly.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Just looking at the 4G Switch app screenshots (the .99 cent app), it looks to be bringing up the same dialer menu as *#*#4636#*#*

Edit- from the *#*#4636#*#* menu, i set mine to LTE/CDMA and I can only do 1X (since I dont have any live LTE towers around me.)

Just looking at the 4G Switch app screenshots (the .99 cent app), it looks to be bringing up the same dialer menu as *#*#4636#*#*

Edit- from the *#*#4636#*#* menu, i set mine to LTE/CDMA and I can only do 1X (since I dont have any live LTE towers around me.)

Yea, name is misleading,, it's a short cut,, not a switch. Still more convenient.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Maybe the Evo is just a little shy and when it is around other devices it doesn't like to show off. I'm going with that. :unsure:

LMAO!!!! The baby in your avatar has the exact same facial expressing on his face as your emoticon at the end of your sentence.

• Like 2

I was hoping for an OTA today. It was one week ago when the source for 2.13 dropped. Hopefully soon.......

Yeah, they seem to be related. Maybe we could hope for an lte fix in addition to a surprise update to JB, one can only wish.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My lte always disconnected when I enter my house. Same with my wife's galaxy nexus. The past week sprint has definitely turned up the power in my neighborhood because we both now get strong lte inside them house for the first time. I am having no more issues with keeping lte signal.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

My lte always disconnected when I enter my house. Same with my wife's galaxy nexus. The past week sprint has definitely turned up the power in my neighborhood because we both now get strong lte inside them house for the first time. I am having no more issues with keeping lte signal.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

I wouldn't say turned up the power, they probably added another site.

I wouldn't say turned up the power, they probably added another site.

actually the tower in my neighborhood i use to get certain speeds next to and around it. Now them speeds are faster in the past week. No other towers in my neighborhood.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Edited by Zman1369

Maybe they tweaked the downtilt. It seems like most of the towers here in Indy that are broadcasting LTE currently have very little downtilt. I get a signal in my office on the 9th floor but can't get anything on the street just outside my building. I think once they start getting more towers upgraded they'll go back and adjust the downtilt a little.

Maybe they tweaked the downtilt. It seems like most of the towers here in Indy that are broadcasting LTE currently have very little downtilt. I get a signal in my office on the 9th floor but can't get anything on the street just outside my building. I think once they start getting more towers upgraded they'll go back and adjust the downtilt a little.

Yeah, the limited downtilt sends the signal much farther out, but makes it very susceptible to ground clutter down low. If they had the downtilt down at the optimal setting, you wouldn't be able to get it high or low in that location.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk