HTC EVO 4G LTE texting problems

malicenfz

I'm having the same issue on my EVO LTE! I'm not sure if it's the phone itself or my Airave? If I sent a picture mail it's fine but most text messages that are more than a few words look like they send but never do. It seems to have started since the last big update (not small ringtone update). The phone thinks the messages are sent but no one ever gets them?

I have the EVO let and the new contact ringtone app. I have not had any problems texting and I text alot, both with and without pictures. I would do what was suggested above.

I have the EVO let and the new contact ringtone app. I have not had any problems texting and I text alot, both with and without pictures. I would do what was suggested above.

No texting issues on latest software and also have an airave. Call up sprint and have them troubleshoot.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

No texting issues on latest software and also have an airave. Call up sprint and have them troubleshoot.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I have the ringtone update but I was having the issue before that. I've tried everything except calling Sprint which is my next step. I manually reset (pressed button on back) my Airave v2, updated PRL, profile, software, reset phone, etc. My phone is stock EVO LTE with newest update and this issue is driving me nuts! What's odd is that it doesn't happen as much on the iPhone 5 on the same network?

Have her call care (*2) and have them refresh the phone. If that doesn't work, have them file a network ticket.

What do they do when refreshing the phone? I can't imagine them doing anything that I can't do on my end if my phone is technically working? I have tried all the normal things like updating everything, prl, profile, firmware, software, etc yet the text message issue continues? It also only happens on long text messages that almost reach the limit or characters for 1 message (160). Smaller texts seem to go through almost instantly? I've tried pressing the button to reset my Airave but I'm not sure what else to do. Can Sprint really do something on their end? Thanks.

What do they do when refreshing the phone? I can't imagine them doing anything that I can't do on my end if my phone is technically working? I have tried all the normal things like updating everything, prl, profile, firmware, software, etc yet the text message issue continues? It also only happens on long text messages that almost reach the limit or characters for 1 message (160). Smaller texts seem to go through almost instantly? I've tried pressing the button to reset my Airave but I'm not sure what else to do. Can Sprint really do something on their end? Thanks.

Yes, a refresh will sometimes fix issues that cannot be fixed through updates on the phone itself. I am not aware of what the Sprint-side process is, but I know it involves a network-initiated Profile Update, among other things. I've seen it fix more than it should.

As well, you might want to take it in to a Sprint Repair Center and have them look at it. There may or may not be an issue with the EVO LTE that would require them to completely reprogram the phone, which involves a hard reset.