Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

98bc23973ed03969dca6a4c899378348.jpg

Band 25 2nd carrier is live and well in Chula Vista. Wish it was live in Pahrump, it would sure speed the network up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Band 25 2nd carrier is live and well in Chula Vista. Wish it was live in Pahrump, it would sure speed the network up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2nd carrier has been live since early last year.  waiting on the B25 10x10  :tu:  B41 is like swiss cheese in San Diego.  Soon.

• Like 1

That's a great signal strength.  Were you standing right by the tower?

On way to work @ stop light. The intersection is next to a Sprint site. 

• Like 4

Too bad they can't CA B25 and B41 together. That'd be awesome.

It would be cool if they could do B25+B25 CA and aggregate this 10x10 carrier with the 5x5 PCS G Block carrier. According to Günther, B25 CA is in the works so we'll hopefully see it rolled out soon.

Ok. Just to make sure. We have LTE 800 in San Diego in the IBEZ?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Can confirm we do in Encinitas. Just noticed it today, after nearly 2 months of horrible service in the area. I wonder if I'll see this at my house in Oceanside. Service has been horrendous there to.

Screenshot_20170203_125804.pngScreenshot_20170203_125836.pngScreenshot_20170203_125924.png

• Like 2

Can confirm we do in Encinitas. Just noticed it today, after nearly 2 months of horrible service in the area. I wonder if I'll see this at my house in Oceanside. Service has been horrendous there to.

Screenshot_20170203_125804.pngScreenshot_20170203_125836.pngScreenshot_20170203_125924.png

No no no.

SCP AND OTHER APPS ARE MISIDENTIFYING DUE TO 11 GCI ending.

IT'S 10X10 B25.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea what's in the pipe for 2017 in SD? Are we still stuck with 2xCA or did we get included in the "100 market" 3xCA rollout?? Just switched from VZW due to cost & interested in the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea what's in the pipe for 2017 in SD? Are we still stuck with 2xCA or did we get included in the "100 market" 3xCA rollout?? Just switched from VZW due to cost & interested in the build.

Havent see 3XCA on B41 yet. Sprint been busy pushing 10x10 B25. No new sites or existing work going on since early last year. If your in an area with B41, consider it good as no new known B41 activities. Hopefully soon we will see some more work to get all sites with B41.
  • Like 1

Havent see 3XCA on B41 yet. Sprint been busy pushing 10x10 B25. No new sites or existing work going on since early last year. If your in an area with B41, consider it good as no new known B41 activities. Hopefully soon we will see some more work to get all sites with B41.

I'm in Golden Hill and apparently a B41 area, which is great because it's better than what I was getting w/ VZW. But working in Gaslamp definitely presents challenges. Lots of random slow data spots. Hoping for improvement ????????

I'm in Golden Hill and apparently a B41 area, which is great because it's better than what I was getting w/ VZW. But working in Gaslamp definitely presents challenges. Lots of random slow data spots. Hoping for improvement ????????

Sprint is not too dense downtown. We will need small cells or new sites to get better indoor coverage. We can only hope CAPEX will flow through San Diego, much needed upgrades throughout the county.

• 2 weeks later...

Many places that my S7 could not hold on weak B25 5mhz, is now holding on B25 10mhz and usable. Some improvements, seeing much less 3G past few weeks. Hopefully full steam B41 on all sites and small cells fill in.

Yesterday @ Gaslamp Downtown for lunch, Tmobile pushing 100mbps, VZ pushing 50Mbps, Sprint unusable 2CA on B41. We need small cells asap.

• Like 3

Many places that my S7 could not hold on weak B25 5mhz, is now holding on B25 10mhz and usable. Some improvements, seeing much less 3G past few weeks. Hopefully full steam B41 on all sites and small cells fill in.

Yesterday @ Gaslamp Downtown for lunch, Tmobile pushing 100mbps, VZ pushing 50Mbps, Sprint unusable 2CA on B41. We need small cells asap.

We'll see. I almost feel like Softbank's throwing in the towel in light of the T-Mobile merger rumors resurfacing.

I suppose one benefit of a T-Mobile merger is that unrestricted LTE roaming between the two would likely be turned on immediately after the deal closed so legacy Sprint customers would be able to take advantage of T-Mobile towers and vice versa. Whether that'll make up for increased prices and ultimately less competition is another question.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://publicservices.sdcounty.ca.gov/CitizenAccess/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LUEG-PDS&TabName=LUEG-PDS&capID1=16CAP&capID2=00000&capID3=02W63&agencyCode=COSD

Mobilitie, LLC
Mobilitie proposes to locate new wireless facilities on existing street lights and new utility poles. The construction will involve attaching an Omni directional antenna, UE Relay, and Remote Radio Head with a GPS antenna along with all needed auxiliary equipment needed to an existing street light and new utility poles. The particular areas chosen are known to be particularly dense with users and these attachments will help alleviate the traffic and provide better coverage to the citizens of San Diego County. Please see attached for propagation maps that demonstrate the areas that our attachments will provide coverage and alleviation.

lWcQ617.png

I wonder how I can obtain more information on this...

• Like 2