contact ringtone assignment app causing crashes

kc5gtz

ever since applying the new update for the ringtone assignment, my wife and i have both been having issues on the phone. it does indeed fix the custom ringtones, but other strange things are starting to happen.

1) wifi icon showing grayed out when in range and saying it is connected, continues to use 3g instead.

2) unable to place phone calls, press call and nothing happens.

3) no audio on either end when answering a call

4) network signal info shows ehrpd, but shows data as "unknown"

#4 has been the case every time one of the others have happened.

a reboot fixes each one of them, and then sense asks to send a bug report.

has anyone else had these problems? we are both running stock evo lte devices.

is there way to uninstall that update?

Weird.. The update doesn't even touch some of those functions. But then you and your wife are having the same issue. It's just an update to the phone apk. That's why it is so small.

I have the update and haven't had any issues. Only thing I have noticed happening more is the 3G connection falling on its face requiring a reboot. But I just think that's my screwed up tower downtown. It used to do it very often when I was on the initial release from launch day.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

i actually had the problem the same day, but i installed the patch in the morning. my wife had the problem the next afternoon after installing it the night before. i cant imagine why that update would case a problem, but its too much of a coincidence that it started happening right after the patch was installed.

you mentioned the 3g falling on its face. thats one of the symptoms i am having. the network signal info app normally would show data connectivity info on the screen like "wifi is connected", "upload/download", etc. at least a couple of times i have had the problem, that field is showing "unknown", even though the wifi is on. data isnt working at all at that point, and evidently voice is borked too.

do you know if this can be uninstalled? ill do without the personalized ringtones if i can actually make/receive calls.

I have noticed the same thing although my big issue has been random reboots. Then this morning the phone starts the reboot loop where it wont load past the splash screen. Looks like another hard reset in my future.

I've actually started having a ton of problems with the patch that they did.

To me there are two main problems: 1. Being that when I try to answer a call from the lock screen, I'll drag the phone icon to the circle, and instead of answering the call. I have to answer the call again from the call screen when the phone is unlocked. 2. It has really messed up with my text messaging, there are times that messages wont send. I'll do a PRL and Profile update, but that doesn't work. I have to reboot the phone for messages to send. It happens about once a day.

-Luis

I downloaded the patch, but have not assigned any ringtones to my contacts. I have not had any of the problems listed. I will assign some ringtones and see if it makes a difference..

I experienced the same problem. Contacted Sprint, only thing that would clear the problem completely was a factory reset, now the contact ringers don't work again, and checking updates for the contact assigment comes up with nothing...any suggestions??

Edited by dromz

I've actually started having a ton of problems with the patch that they did.

To me there are two main problems: 1. Being that when I try to answer a call from the lock screen, I'll drag the phone icon to the circle, and instead of answering the call. I have to answer the call again from the call screen when the phone is unlocked. 2. It has really messed up with my text messaging, there are times that messages wont send. I'll do a PRL and Profile update, but that doesn't work. I have to reboot the phone for messages to send. It happens about once a day.

-Luis

Yeah I'm getting the messages issue but none of the others anyone in this post has mentioned.

I experienced the same problem. Contacted Sprint, only thing that would clear the problem completely was a factory reset, now the contact ringers don't work again, and checking updates for the contact assigment comes up with nothing...any suggestions??

Im not sure i would want to put it back. im considering the reset to get rid of the update, but it is such a pain to get everything back the way it was. i went 2 days without an issue, then bam. couldnt answer a call. then i couldnt call them back. reboot... crash report... :angry:

Edited by kc5gtz

Im not sure i would want to put it back. im considering the reset to get rid of the update, but it is such a pain to get everything back the way it was. i went 2 days without an issue, then bam. couldnt answer a call. then i couldnt call them back. reboot... crash report... :angry:

With the rumors of HTC's release of JellyBean to the EVO 4G LTE, Im just going to wait...I'm done playing the reboot game.

With the rumors of HTC's release of JellyBean to the EVO 4G LTE, Im just going to wait...I'm done playing the reboot game.

here's hoping that the rumors are fast and true. and that it doesnt break something esle... ;)