Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

Just an update. Drove from avon on the westside around the 465 loop to the eastside bookville rd exit and had ehrpd the whole time. I have yet to lose it anywhere ive gone over the passed 24 hours. I just want some more lte online. By the way when i was at brookville and was getting on shadeland to leave i pulled a 25 down on lte.

• Like 1

Just an update. Drove from avon on the westside around the 465 loop to the eastside bookville rd exit and had ehrpd the whole time. I have yet to lose it anywhere ive gone over the passed 24 hours. I just want some more lte online. By the way when i was at brookville and was getting on shadeland to leave i pulled a 25 down on lte.

I'm now getting eHRPD in downtown Indy. I've been checking my phone every day and today is the first time I've seen it. I also suspect that the tower near my home on the southside (near Southport & Bluff) is in the process of being upgraded. I thought I spotted some RRUs and new antennas the other day, but I haven't gotten around to taking a closer look. Hopefully I can get over there this weekend and take some pictures.

I haven't connected to 4G yet and my LTE record is still blank, but that may be due to the fact that I have the LTE-challenged EVO 4G LiTE.

I haven't connected to 4G yet and my LTE record is still blank, but that may be due to the fact that I have the LTE-challenged EVO 4G LiTE.

Well played...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

How did you notice eHRPD? I am in b-town and would like to see this occur too!

If you're using an iPhone 4S, you won't see eHRPD. You need an LTE capable device to connect to eHRPD. It's basically just the standard EVDO rev A connection that gets routed through the new 4G core so handoffs between EVDO & LTE can be performed smoothly. I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about can explain it in much more detail.

If you're using an iPhone 4S, you won't see eHRPD. You need an LTE capable device to connect to eHRPD. It's basically just the standard EVDO rev A connection that gets routed through the new 4G core so handoffs between EVDO & LTE can be performed smoothly. I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about can explain it in much more detail.

I saw that I had a iPhone set as my phone as well. I changed it to GS3 probably as you were typing that response. Do you know how you "notice" eHRPD on the phone? Does this manually need to be done via ##DEBUG#?

I saw that I had a iPhone set as my phone as well. I changed it to GS3 probably as you were typing that response. Do you know how you "notice" eHRPD on the phone? Does this manually need to be done via ##DEBUG#?

Well... I have the EVO so I'm not sure if it's the same, but I can go to Settings > About > Network and it will show how I'm connected. I know that Sensorly also shows how you are connected as well. I would imagine that the GS3 has an About > Network page as well.

Without downloading an app, the easiest way is probably to go to Settings -> About -> Status, and it will be under Mobile network type.

I picked it up for a few minutes near the intersection of I-465 & I-70 on the east side this morning.

Ya thats right where the tower is. If you look at sensorly its right between 465 and shadeland on 21st street right next to 70. I pulled 25 down right there.

Ya thats right where the tower is. If you look at sensorly its right between 465 and shadeland on 21st street right next to 70. I pulled 25 down right there.

Are you the person doing all of the East side mapping on Sensorly?

reru8yma.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

No more eHRPD in bloomington. Must've gotten turned off.

It will come and go. It does that in every market until launch.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

It will come and go. It does that in every market until launch.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Yep.. Seen it go away twice in my area.

Really kind of a non event for me now whether I have it or not.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

I can attest to Sprint LTE on my iPhone 5 close on the near-east side of downtown. My office is located on Southeastern just off of Washington and I'm currently pulling 22.99 down and 10.45 up.

Iphone doesnt do sensorly does it?