Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

New Indy market blips on Sensorly, on the East side! http://sensorly.com/fullscreen/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=cumberland, indiana

Robert

Darn!! Beat me to it lol so looks like we got Indy and the bend good nite so far :)
  • Like 1

Well now that LTE is starting to light up looks like it is time to let the Wimax device go. I will be hunting for a LTE device starting tomorrow so I can drive around and hunt for LTE

Sounds like a GS3 is in your future...

ehh GS3's are still going for to much on craigslist. You can get a Evo LTE right.

Yes. I really like the phone, but as you probably have seen it is a PIA to get to connect to LTE. Once LTE rolls out in force I would guess that this will not be noticed as much, but right now it is kind of a drag.

Sent from my LTE loving (if I road trip) Evo 4G LTE...

I wouldn't recommend anyone who is buying a LTE phone for the purposes of using or scouting LTE service to get the EVO LTE. The LTE connectivity issues are well documented around here. And while the GNex does well on LTE, it has radio problems on 1x/EVDO on PCS that rule it out for most users. If you want to scout LTE service, I would go with the GS3 or Photon Q. The Viper isn't so bad, but the 1x signal can be dodgy on it.

Robert

• Like 1

I wouldn't recommend anyone who is buying a LTE phone for the purposes of using or scouting LTE service to get the EVO LTE. The LTE connectivity issues are well documented around here. And while the GNex does well on LTE, it has radio problems on 1x/EVDO on PCS that rule it out for most users. If you want to scout LTE service, I would go with the GS3 or Photon Q. The Viper isn't so bad, but the 1x signal can be dodgy on it.

Robert

One of the reasons my EVO 4G LTE is probably getting sold for the Note 2.

Well looks that leaves me with one choice. I was hoping to not spend any money on a new phone cause i sold my sii to cover cost of a evolte or even a nexus but looks like I am going to have to cough up cash.....

Robert' date=' if yoy had a choice between evo lte or galaxy nexus which would it be?[/quote']

Hmmm...that's tough...

If I was buying cash, and my goal was LTE usage and scouting, I would probably get the Nexus. Especially if you stay in urban/suburban locations for most of your use. The GNex has a weak 1x/EVDO radio, which is really noticeable in weak signal areas at the edge of service. But its LTE connectivity is solid.

If you are looking for the better of the two devices in performance and characteristics, the EVO LTE is a wonderful device. Its just that LTE will drive you batty, especially while scouting. Keeping a LTE connection can be a huge pain sometimes. People often think that LTE coverage is really spotty in their area, but it turns out its just that they have an EVO.

You can always sell the GNex in six months or so and upgrade to another LTE device when cash prices for them fall.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Hmmm...that's tough...

If I was buying cash, and my goal was LTE usage and scouting, I would probably get the Nexus. Especially if you stay in urban/suburban locations for most of your use. The GNex has a weak 1x/EVDO radio, which is really noticeable in weak signal areas at the edge of service. But its LTE connectivity is solid.

If you are looking for the better of the two devices in performance and characteristics, the EVO LTE is a wonderful device. Its just that LTE will drive you batty, especially while scouting. Keeping a LTE connection can be a huge pain sometimes. People often think that LTE coverage is really spotty in their area, but it turns out its just that they have an EVO.

You can always sell the GNex in six months or so and upgrade to another LTE device when cash prices for them fall.

Until last week I loved my EVO 4G LTE. Since LTE started popping up around town it has been one of the most frustrating things. I am left wondering sometimes if it is the phone, the cell site, or a combination of both when I can't find a signal I think should be where I am at. If I could find a local person to trade for a GS3 I would do it in a heartbeat. The only reason I won't trade for the Nexus is because by the time the Note 2 comes out the Nexus will have very little resell value.

Until last week I loved my EVO 4G LTE. Since LTE started popping up around town it has been one of the most frustrating things. I am left wondering sometimes if it is the phone, the cell site, or a combination of both when I can't find a signal I think should be where I am at. If I could find a local person to trade for a GS3 I would do it in a heartbeat. The only reason I won't trade for the Nexus is because by the time the Note 2 comes out the Nexus will have very little resell value.

EVO owners always live in denial that it's the infant Sprint LTE network or their specific site. Until they get side by side with other Sprint LTE devices. My wife loves her EVO. However, after several days in the Waco FIT (which has the densest Sprint LTE service in the country), she was royally pissed. After watching the cheapo LG Viper keep and hold a signal far better than her EVO, she would get very frustrated. As we drove around, she would hear my children quip from the back seat on the GNex and Viper, "I've got 4G!" and she would just growl.

Fortunately, we went back to New Mexico and she fell back in love with her EVO again. But that's only because we live in a non LTE market. If we were to stay in a LTE market, she would have made me buy her a new device. It is that frustrating once you see other LTE devices in the field side by side.

Robert

• Like 1

EVO owners always live in denial that it's the infant Sprint LTE network or their specific site. Until they get side by side with other Sprint LTE devices. My wife loves her EVO. However, after several days in the Waco FIT (which has the densest Sprint LTE service in the country), she was royally pissed. After watching the cheapo LG Viper keep and hold a signal far better than her EVO, she would get very frustrated. As we drove around, she would hear my children quip from the back seat on the GNex and Viper, "I've got 4G!" and she would just growl.

Fortunately, we went back to New Mexico and she fell back in love with her EVO again. But that's only because we live in a non LTE market. If we were to stay in a LTE market, she would have made me buy her a new device. It is that frustrating once you see other LTE devices in the field side by side.

Robert

I can relate to her frustration. I have seen some Vipers on craigslist for $150. It has been tempting...

• Like 1

Work must be done on the NE side......no LTE signal here now :(

Bummer. It may mean that Sprint accepted the site from the OEM. It may show up in next week's update.

So I went on a lte voyage tonight. The site on the southeast side is still active. It is IN13XC144 on 21st between Franklin and Shadeland. I will attach one of many speed test which were all about this speed. To dark and rainy for pics you couldn't see anything, also added to sensorly.

Screenshot_2012-10-02-02-50-38.png

• Like 1

So I went on a lte voyage tonight. The site on the southeast side is still active. It is IN13XC144 on 21st between Franklin and Shadeland. I will attach one of many speed test which were all about this speed. To dark and rainy for pics you couldn't see anything, also added to sensorly.

Nice!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Snooze you loose. Im picking up a gs3 in a bit. I will start scouting the westside.

I live on the west side out in Avon....been keeping my eye on my phone to see if anything's being done.