iPhone 4S vs. iPhone 5

darnell89

iPhone 5 vs. iPhone 4S  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Since today is the first official day that the iPhone 5 has been released. Do y'all think the iPhone 4S is still at good buy for 100 bucks?

Since today is the first official day that the iPhone 5 has been released. Do y'all think the iPhone 4S is still at good buy for 100 bucks?

What do you guys think?

Since LTE is still rolling out, it will take sometime for people to really see what LTE is about......

If you live in a Round One or Two LTE market, you would kick yourself repeatedly for three quarters of your contract. Doesn't sound like a good idea.

If you live in a 2013 market, you are still rolling the dice. Sprint will not be 100% complete by the end of 2013, but they are planning to have a launchable amount of service in every market by that time. So even if you were in one of the last markets, you would still only be just over halfway through your contract when LTE launches in your market. And likely LTE would be sporadically available earlier than that.

In my mind, I would not buy the 4S over the 5 in any way. Unless I was giving it to a child. I would even rather wait another few weeks or months to save up the money for the difference in cost if you had to.

Anyone who buys the 4S now will get to the point at some time in their contract that they will regret it.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

After using Siri u get spoiled....lol

I am a creature of habit. I doubt I would even use siri. Not to mention I would look like a douche talking to my phone. I tried vlingo, Google now, etc. I hate it all. I even hate the voice control on Microsoft sync in my vehicles.

Not to mention, siri should be on all the iPhones by now. iOS software upgrade farce... but that is about the largest selling point for 4S over 4

• Like 1

If you live in a Round One or Two LTE market, you would kick yourself repeatedly for three quarters of your contract. Doesn't sound like a good idea.

If you live in a 2013 market, you are still rolling the dice. Sprint will not be 100% complete by the end of 2013, but they are planning to have a launchable amount of service in every market by that time. So even if you were in one of the last markets, you would still only be just over halfway through your contract when LTE launches in your market. And likely LTE would be sporadically available earlier than that.

In my mind, I would not buy the 4S over the 5 in any way. Unless I was giving it to a child. I would even rather wait another few weeks or months to save up the money for the difference in cost if you had to.

Anyone who buys the 4S now will get to the point at some time in their contract that they will regret it.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I guess, I'll just buy those stupid lightening adapters, cause I have a lot of cords for my iPod Touch....lol Apple knows who to bleed the average consumer dry....smh.

• Like 1

I am a creature of habit. I doubt I would even use siri. Not to mention I would look like a douche talking to my phone. I tried vlingo, Google now, etc. I hate it all. I even hate the voice control on Microsoft sync in my vehicles.

Not to mention, siri should be on all the iPhones by now. iOS software upgrade farce... but that is about the largest selling point for 4S over 4

That is very true. I think they should of gave Siri to all of the iPhones like they did 'The New Ipad"

• Like 1

The 4S was an excellent buy for my wife. She could care less about LTE and she didn't want a bigger screen. She's getting used to using Siri for things.

@pyroscott as for looking like a douche for talking to your phone, I hope you never make or receive calls via speakerphone because you pretty much look exactly the same then. Besides, phones are meant to be talked to; they're....phones. Now talking to your iPad...that's suspect!

At this point in Sprint's deployment, I would rather buy the 5 and have LTE capability now than to wait until my contract is almost up in 2 years and then finally catch up to technology. And for me, I like the bigger screen of the 5 than the 4S and the extra row of icons is sure a benefit over the 1st 5 versions of the iPhone.

The 4S was an excellent buy for my wife. She could care less about LTE and she didn't want a bigger screen. She's getting used to using Siri for things.

@pyroscott as for looking like a douche for talking to your phone, I hope you never make or receive calls via speakerphone because you pretty much look exactly the same then. Besides, phones are meant to be talked to; they're....phones. Now talking to your iPad...that's suspect!

There was a guy in my company that dropped his phone in water. The earpiece stopped working, so he had to use speakerphone all the time. He looked really funny, especially since his hearing is gone, so he was always yelling into the phone.

All I am saying, is that I, personally, would never use siri, and never choose an iPhone 4S over a iPhone 5 or 4 at this point in time. I seem to remember a time in this forum where everyone was up in arms that Sprint's line of LTE phones wouldn't support LTE over 800 or 2600 MHz until next year, because they wanted them to be (somewhat) futureproof. So why would it be fine to forego LTE capability on a phone for a mere $100?

If I was considering a iPhone 4 or 4S, I would be scouring Craigslist for someone planning to upgrade to a 5 and willing to sell their 4 or 4S for cheap. You might be able to get extra memory that way, as the free and $100 4 and 4S have the least memory possible.

• Like 2

I seem to remember a time in this forum where everyone was up in arms that {insert chicken little-esque rant of the week here}

Was there ever a time when everyone wasn't up in arms about something around here? I kid, I kid!

The craigslist option is def one to consider as long as you're smart about it. Here in Maryland we just had a father and son team busted for selling fake iPhones to folks in a strip mall parking lot. Nitwits actually thought they were getting real, new in box iPhones for under $200. Some dummies when to the Apple store to get them activated and got the news. PT Barnum was somewhere smiling.