Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Finally couldn't take it anymore I had to switch to Verizon. I was get one bar with sprint at my house with 1x or my phone saying no service even with the dumb airave thing. Now plus the coverage with sprint isn't that great. I noticed a huge difference with Verizon worth the 20$ more a month. I still love sprint had them for 6 years but couldn't take it anymore maybe once they get there act together I'll go back.

town?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone experiencing serious service disruption? I'm in downtown Meriden and my iPhone 6 has been stating "No Service for 5 minutes at a time before going to 3G, which can't establish a data connection.

The Hanover tower gave me 3 bars of band 41, but nothing today....

Anyone experiencing serious service disruption? I'm in downtown Meriden and my iPhone 6 has been stating "No Service for 5 minutes at a time before going to 3G, which can't establish a data connection.

The Hanover tower gave me 3 bars of band 41, but nothing today....

There's a big outage on the north east.

No need for the sarcasm. The tower is B41 only and hasn't gotten bands 25/26, let alone upgraded 3G

If that's B41 only it's probably a Clearwire tower so you may not see Sprint NV there. In my market there are a bunch of Clearwire only sites.

If that's B41 only it's probably a Clearwire tower so you may not see Sprint NV there. In my market there are a bunch of Clearwire only sites.

I received an email from Sprint roughly 2 years ago. Plan was for: B41 and 800Mhz. Looking back on it, likely meant 800 for voice.

Anxiously awaiting NGN

I received an email from Sprint roughly 2 years ago. Plan was for: B41 and 800Mhz. Looking back on it, likely meant 800 for voice.

Anxiously awaiting NGN

2 years is a long time ago.

• 2 months later...

Some of my family still has sprint and they are saying that sprint is sprinting down hill in Meriden bad. I call them and there calls always drop. I have to say I am very glad I switched to Verizon. I am still routing for sprint I had them for 5 years and try to wait just couldn't anymore. I give people credit for staying with them lol

• Like 1

Sprint in CT pretty much stinks -- unless you are downtown Hartford or Danbury.

But quality of service really sucks.

Agreed -- I have been on vzw for months and zero issues and I haven't ran a speed test since lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Odd, I honestly have quite the opposite experience everywhere, except, as mentioned above, Meriden. Downtown is abysmal, I concede that.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint in CT pretty much stinks -- unless you are downtown Hartford or Danbury.

But quality of service really sucks.

Agreed -- I have been on vzw for months and zero issues and I haven't ran a speed test since lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admittedly I don't spend much time in CT but when I drive through on my way home from Boston, the only place where I don't have LTE is near the MA/CT border by Nipmuck state forest and Bigelow Hollow State Park.

When I went to Yale in February, I had LTE everywhere and it was fast.

• Like 1

Some of my family still has sprint and they are saying that sprint is sprinting down hill in Meriden bad. I call them and there calls always drop. I have to say I am very glad I switched to Verizon. I am still routing for sprint I had them for 5 years and try to wait just couldn't anymore. I give people credit for staying with them lol

Service in Meriden is awful. One example is the corner of Britannia st. And Colony St. One bar of 1x, calls are choppy and that's pretty common in the town.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...