Curious about 3G-advanced...

So, I live in central Alabama...I'm probably somewhere around half the distance between Birmingham, and Montgomery...two cities that I'm SURE will get 4G due to their size and population..but as for my area, I can't really say.

I live on the south end of the county, but twice a year the north end of the county becomes the 2nd largest population-wise due to the Nascar track...(for those still wondering, I live near Talladega Superspeedway, but this is still a good 20 miles from me on the opposite end of the county)...

I don't know if they'll light-up this county due to it's affiliation with Nascar or not, and if they do, then it probably STILL won't affect me because of my distance from the track (zip = 35150).

With 4G being more than likely destined to come to Bham and Mont...I guess we'll have to deal with 3G Advanced here??

Question is, what exactly is the 3G advanced..and does this advanced 3G mean that eventually 4G will be present?

I thought they said that every that was within a Sprint 3G area right now would be getting a 4G signal when they finish the roll-out/deployment...or am I wrong in that?

3G advanced is a fabricated term to describe the post network vision 3G with sufficient back haul and carriers for good speed.

As far as 4G LTE, if you are in an area that receives native Sprint coverage, you will get 4G LTE. Sprint is upgrading every single cell site. Some cell sites may not get LTE but those are just a handful of sites that either can't get back haul or can't procure a permit for upgrading the cell equipment.

• Like 1