Sad Sad Day

bmoses

anyone have a spare evo 4g lte they want to sell??????? tonight mine fell out of my pocket inbetween the couch cushions, went to put the feet of the couch up so i could get it out from underneath and heard a nice loud CRUNCH...... yeah totally bent my phone and shattered everything on it...... and i didn't get insurance cause i didn't think i would need it.... don't know what i'm going to do now :(

anyone have a spare evo 4g lte they want to sell??????? tonight mine fell out of my pocket inbetween the couch cushions, went to put the feet of the couch up so i could get it out from underneath and heard a nice loud CRUNCH...... yeah totally bent my phone and shattered everything on it...... and i didn't get insurance cause i didn't think i would need it.... don't know what i'm going to do now :(

Ouch! Sorry to hear. :pinch:

Robert

• Like 1

Damn, that really sucks. Anyway, there's always ebay.

Is that thing pink?

lol no its not, just the way the light and flash from the camera reflected.

and all is well again! talked one of my family members into letting me use their upgrade, then sprint also gave me $51 for the broken one, so between the upgrade and buyback it cost me as much as it would have if i did have insurance! and yes my new one does have insurance now :)

one question though, the sales person asked me if i wanted a case, like an otterbox, i asked him if he thought that would have prevented the phone bending like that.... he said yes.... i have a hard time believing that.... anyone have experience with cases? would it really have protected it like he claimed? and if so any recommendations?

lol no its not, just the way the light and flash from the camera reflected.

and all is well again! talked one of my family members into letting me use their upgrade, then sprint also gave me $51 for the broken one, so between the upgrade and buyback it cost me as much as it would have if i did have insurance! and yes my new one does have insurance now :)

one question though, the sales person asked me if i wanted a case, like an otterbox, i asked him if he thought that would have prevented the phone bending like that.... he said yes.... i have a hard time believing that.... anyone have experience with cases? would it really have protected it like he claimed? and if so any recommendations?

I have the Otterbox..not sure what series. You put in the little plastic thing then the rubber part goes over that. I've dropped the phone a couple of times and its never missed beat.

On another note, I took it out to clean the dust out of the case and a text came through. I picked it up to text and I don't see how people use this phone without dropping it or touching on the side of the screens. Just felt awkward. I love it in the case, it gives me something to grab on to hold without worries of breaking it. Kinda my same principle on the meth'd out looking skinny chicks where you can count their ribs..don't like em!

• Like 3

I have the Otterbox..not sure what series. You put in the little plastic thing then the rubber part goes over that. I've dropped the phone a couple of times and its never missed beat.

On another note, I took it out to clean the dust out of the case and a text came through. I picked it up to text and I don't see how people use this phone without dropping it or touching on the side of the screens. Just felt awkward. I love it in the case, it gives me something to grab on to hold without worries of breaking it. Kinda my same principle on the meth'd out looking skinny chicks where you can count their ribs..don't like em!

Yeah, I like a big fat case on my phone too. They make them awfully dainty. I wish someone would make a phone that was like the old Nextel phones and stuff a huge battery in there. I wouldn't care if my phone looked like a brick if I could get a week of battery life out of it. I'd probably still be able to put it in my pocket.

• Like 1

I have used Otterbox on past phones and my wife's iPhone is in an Otterbox. They make some of the better cases on the market in my opinion. The Defender series is a little more bulky than the Commuter series and usually comes with a belt clip. Commuter series has a silicone type inner case with a hard plastic outer, exo-skeleton type case. If you don't like the more bulky case look, I would go with a Commuter series. I might not have completely protected against what happened to you but it would have certainly taken more force to bend it than it did without the case. That might have been enough to save the phone.

• Like 1

I use the Seidio Convert http://www.seidio.com/convert/. It has a slim case that you can cover with a silicone and exoskeleton case. I also have a belt clip that clips onto the exoskeleton. It is pretty easy to switch from the normal case to ultimate protection. I had the Otterbox and feel it gives even more protection, but they are both really good.

• Like 1