Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

Anyone seeing any 800 LTE/CDMA around RDU?

I've seen 1x800 everywhere around the Raleigh-Durham area, but on the testing SID which you can only pick up with one of the sponsor PRLs.  However, north of Wake Forest, in the Youngsville, Henderson, Oxford area I have seen 1x800 on the normal SID and it's usable.

For LTE800, it's been discussed in other forums but I believe that the public safety channels in NC haven't completely moved off yet to allow Sprint to fire it up.  I don't have a tri-band phone so I can't confirm if it's live anywhere, but I haven't seen any reports of it either.

• Like 1

I've seen 1x800 everywhere around the Raleigh-Durham area, but on the testing SID which you can only pick up with one of the sponsor PRLs.  However, north of Wake Forest, in the Youngsville, Henderson, Oxford area I have seen 1x800 on the normal SID and it's usable.

For LTE800, it's been discussed in other forums but I believe that the public safety channels in NC haven't completely moved off yet to allow Sprint to fire it up.  I don't have a tri-band phone so I can't confirm if it's live anywhere, but I haven't seen any reports of it either.

I cannot wait until 1x800 is turned on in RDU. Hopefully I'll finally be able to turn in my Airave then.

LTE 800 isn't a big a deal for me honestly.

I have an iPhone 5S unjailbroken, so I'm not able to take advantage of the sponsor PRLs at this time.

• Like 1

I cannot wait until 1x800 is turned on in RDU. Hopefully I'll finally be able to turn in my Airave then.

LTE 800 isn't a big a deal for me honestly.

I have an iPhone 5S unjailbroken, so I'm not able to take advantage of the sponsor PRLs at this time.

I am actually more anxious for 800 then 2500. I think 800 will be the great equalizer for Sprint coverage wise. Once 800 is deployed I can tell everybody else yes I can hear you now so go suck it!

I am actually more anxious for 800 then 2500. I think 800 will be the great equalizer for Sprint coverage wise. Once 800 is deployed I can tell everybody else yes I can hear you now so go suck it!

garden hose on forest fire.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Cary, just discovered my phone is on 1x800. Stock PRL. Thanks be to the Sprint gods!

I'm in RTP and seeing the real SID now. Just a couple of weeks ago it was still on the testing SID.

ymuryhyn.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I REALLY wish they would install at least eCSFB at RDU. Just driving by the airport on 540 drops you from an excellent band 25 signal straight to 3G. And then it takes almost my entire ride to work struggling with streaming radio on 3G before the LTE scan timer kicks in and puts me back on LTE. 

My commute takes me this way twice a day and toggling airplane mode right there is getting to be a pain  :angry:

You would think they would want every band possible at the airport for travelers, hell it was one of the first sites in the area with WiMAX back in the day and I often get some of the best and fastest signals at other airports around the country, and here RDU is after all this time still on legacy 3G equipment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else notice an LTE outage today around Morrisville? I live out near McCrimmon Parkway and Davis Drive. I normally have a very strong LTE signal at my house but today it's been nothing but 3G.

I REALLY wish they would install at least eCSFB at RDU. Just driving by the airport on 540 drops you from an excellent band 25 signal straight to 3G. And then it takes almost my entire ride to work struggling with streaming radio on 3G before the LTE scan timer kicks in and puts me back on LTE. 

My commute takes me this way twice a day and toggling airplane mode right there is getting to be a pain  :angry:

You would think they would want every band possible at the airport for travelers, hell it was one of the first sites in the area with WiMAX back in the day and I often get some of the best and fastest signals at other airports around the country, and here RDU is after all this time still on legacy 3G equipment.

Same with the tower closest to the new Park West shopping center over at 54 and Cary Parkway.

In case anybody is interested the P25 project is underway with no major issue reported thus far that I know of.

P25 project?

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Any idea on a timeline? B26 would be very helpful around here.

Very soon is all I can say. As soon as I get confirmation on completion I will post here.

• Like 3

Very soon is all I can say. As soon as I get confirmation on completion I will post here.

Awesome news... are you hearing thing from the cellular side (building out B26) or from the gov't side (leaving the B26 bandwidth)?  I presume that if RDU gets going that MYR and CLT will too.

Awesome news... are you hearing thing from the cellular side (building out B26) or from the gov't side (leaving the B26 bandwidth)?  I presume that if RDU gets going that MYR and CLT will too.

I wish it was from the cellular side.

• 4 weeks later...

Was there a Sprint outage? last night I could not connect at about 2 o'clock in the morning.

I noticed data connection loss around midnight or 1am; cried and went to sleep.

• Like 1

Was there a Sprint outage? last night I could not connect at about 2 o'clock in the morning.

I noticed data connection loss around midnight or 1am; cried and went to sleep.

I've been having phone problems for at least a week now but haven't really noticed much until the last 2 days now that I'm back working from home.  Calls from my Phone Connect 2, S3 and my wife's iPhone all drop after maybe 10 seconds or so.  Cannot hold a call, very frustrating.  I've noticed with SCP on my S3 that 1x800 which I usually hold pretty well will come on for a few seconds and then drop.  Then I'll lose signal for a while and it will switch to 1900.  Stay there for a while then drop and have no signal.  Just bounces back and forth, sometimes roaming as well.  I've tried making calls while roaming hoping they might work but it won't complete the call and will drop back to Sprint which of course drops the call.

Driving me nuts.  I'm about to try to talk to Sprint to see what's going on since I've got calls for work all day and can't get one to go through.

• Like 1