Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

Finally Sprint has turned on more 4G towers in Goldsboro, NC. I did a little mapping while out on Sensorly. I finally have 4GLTE where I live. I thought this day would never come.

I was out that way a couple of times during the holidays. Great voice, data, and blazing speeds. 

Finally Sprint has turned on more 4G towers in Goldsboro, NC. I did a little mapping while out on Sensorly. I finally have 4GLTE where I live. I thought this day would never come.

so now the f-15 pilots can watch top gun clips while negotiating the airspace!

Over the last few weeks my note 3 has started to hang when moving between towers. It's not switching from 3G to 4G as easily, and I'm often having t toggle airplane mode. Sometimes it seems to even drop signal completely when traveling in areas without prior trouble.

This is in and out of Durham and North Raleigh.

Anyone having similar issues? Seems to be it started in the last month.

Over the last few weeks my note 3 has started to hang when moving between towers. It's not switching from 3G to 4G as easily, and I'm often having t toggle airplane mode. Sometimes it seems to even drop signal completely when traveling in areas without prior trouble.

North Raleigh is a mess right now. (Tower upgrades in progress)

I was in Durham last weekend at Guglhupf and my g2 froze up a few times and calls weren't able to come in or go out.  I just attributed it to a ROM issue, but maybe there's something else?  As for the restaurant... all I can say is 4 out of the 5 people in my party, including me, got violently ill on Sunday.  I'm going to go back to my previous stance on Durham. Just stay away ;)   

• Like 1

picking up a couple of Band41 towers around Raleigh with the LG G2 update.  One near Pleasant Valley - Glenwood Ave, Another on NCSU campus - Near Hillsborough St....getting there, finally.

Where around Hillsborough St? Having trouble finding B41 around campus with my Nexus 5 after trying the profile update trick... http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4989-lg-google-nexus-5-users-thread/page-199&do=findComment&comment=276149

Actually near Doak field. Sullivan drive area. Try sullivan and varsity drive area.

I live in Sullivan :/ Guess I'm just going to have to wait for official support...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's the strange part, I guess....speeds have not been that great..at least down - anywhere from 6mb - 9mb, up is usually around 10mb - 12mb....most of my band 25 speedtest are usually the opposite.  Not complaining though...sooooo much better than before.

That's the strange part, I guess....speeds have not been that great..at least down - anywhere from 6mb - 9mb, up is usually around 10mb - 12mb....most of my band 25 speedtest are usually the opposite. Not complaining though...sooooo much better than before.

The site you are using probably hasn't gotten it's backhaul yet.

-Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

Story coming soon on wakeforestfiber.com, but CCM Tower Co started installing LTE antenna's at the Flaherty Park cell tower, off White Street in Wake Forest. My Phantom 2 Vision (skyfiber7) will be covering some photos and video of the crew over the next couple of days... Here is a teaser, and a slightly different view of a tower installation.

This is tower 2 of 2 that is going directly in the downtown Wake Forest area, the first has been installed and "turned up" as of 2/27.

DJI00020.jpg

DJI00023.jpg

• Like 2

I was told today, that they did something that wasn't very common for this crew, and that was placing 2 1900mhz RRH's per sector. They said they would run them through a combiner and should result in a little bit better coverage around the area.

IMG_7372.jpg

• Like 3

Should've come over and said Hi, I was out there for about 6 hours today. Made probably 5 or 6 flights.

I was going to, but played volleyball then had the munchkin with me..

Btw, have you had anymore luck with the mayor and approaching Google fiber?