evo lte Lock screen flicker

dannible

i was wondering if anybody else had this issue, or ever better a solution. Today my phone restarted in my pocket on its own. no big deal. (i felt it vibrate and i checked for those of you thinking how i knew if it was in my pocket). since then the lock screen that has a few icons and a clock on it flicker and it kinda bothers me. it happens whenever the clock animation needs to update. AKA every time the second changes.

i was wondering if anybody else had this issue, or ever better a solution. Today my phone restarted in my pocket on its own. no big deal. (i felt it vibrate and i checked for those of you thinking how i knew if it was in my pocket). since then the lock screen that has a few icons and a clock on it flicker and it kinda bothers me. it happens whenever the clock animation needs to update. AKA every time the second changes.

There have been reports of the screen flickering on evo lte's as well as one x's but I can't remember what causes it. On my first evo it really didn't do it but on the replacement I just got on friday its pretty bad. For the most part though, it only flickers when I am typing out a text message. I text quite a bit and it does it every single time I type a text message, so its very annoying to me. I may have to get this one swapped out for another one when I get a chance.

There have been reports of the screen flickering on evo lte's as well as one x's but I can't remember what causes it. On my first evo it really didn't do it but on the replacement I just got on friday its pretty bad. For the most part though, it only flickers when I am typing out a text message. I text quite a bit and it does it every single time I type a text message, so its very annoying to me. I may have to get this one swapped out for another one when I get a chance.

i hope that i dont have to do that. i have already had to replace my evo becuase it fried out on me. I love the phone but hey

BTW its not the whole screen that is flickering, just the clock/app icons on my lock screen. It has to be software right?

i hope that i dont have to do that. i have already had to replace my evo becuase it fried out on me. I love the phone but hey

BTW its not the whole screen that is flickering, just the clock/app icons on my lock screen. It has to be software right?

Ok, I just came from xda and someone there was having the same exact issue as me. It turns out that the latest version of SwiftKey maybe causing it. I switched to another keyboard and the flickering stopped completely. Your issue is totally different but yeah it could be either software or hardware, kinda hard to tell.