Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Woo hoo this is exciting news! Did you do any speed tests while you were in the area?

Inside I'm getting 4-8 mps down and 1.5-3 up.  Outside I manage 15 down and 4 up--about 1/2 mile from where I had the strongest signal and without a direct line of site to what I suspect is the tower (off-ramp from Regan/Cross County).  I had a signal all the way up at Hilltop Plaza on the north side of Mt. Healthy, but didn't have Sensorly on for that trip.  I'd suspect the Kroger parking lot has a good signal; I'll test my theory next time I'm there.

I'm near Colerain... I drive through this area on my way to work. Maybe I'll venture out after work and see how this LTE works. Woo hoo for some Cincinnati LTE

I saw some work on the tower in the old Bigg's parking lot on Colerain today, similar to the work that's been done on the one in NCH. Keep an eye out for some 4g in that area.  They might be working their way down Cross County.

• Like 1

Congrats Cinci. Don't go crazy waiting for a second LTE. We're all trying to stay calm in Columbus and not envy Cleveland for having two in the span of our one.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I've been stalking this thread for months now and finally decided to join. parents live in nch so im over there frequently. i decided to drive over and this was taken on mill rd before you get to hamilton. had about 4/5 bars so the coverage was pretty good

Screenshot_2013_07_15_19_23_27.png
Edited by thisguygiscrazy

You all need someone to head out to that site and find out what the three cell sector IDs are.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm in my house in College Hill right now and have LTE. I just went to my local site a week ago and didn't see a single new thing, but I'm picking up LTE somehow. Either I don't know what I'm looking for, I'm getting signal from a different tower, or they work really fast. :lol:  Any way to see exactly where I'm picking up the signal? I even went for a drive a few minutes ago to report a little bit of Sensorly data.

I believe they may be working on the tower in Miami Meadows Park off of State Route 131 in Milford. I usually have an extremely strong signal at home, this morning I woke up and I was roaming there. Hopefully this means they're showing it some LTE love and not just an issue with the tower. I'll drive by there in the next couple of days to see if they are indeed working on it. Fingers crossed!

I drove by the tower tonight and unfortunately it looks like it's just a tower issue. There's no signs of any work being done. False alarm. :( Maybe they'll use this as incentive to fix it though!

I usually get off WB Reagan @ Galbraith/Winton to go home.  I stayed and got off on Hamilton instead and pulled into Kroger to play with my phone.  The speed is as advertised.  I didn't get to track the actual up and down speeds, but practical use (surfing/downloading) was faster than my TW WiFi at home.

Once I got onto my street the signal handed off to the next tower (3G).  I'm 100 yards from having LTE at home.  THAT is frustrating!

Is anyone aware of work being done in the Dayton area?

I am curious when LTE may come to the Miamisburg, OH area.

Work is being done in Dayton. If you donate to help keep the lights on here, you'll be able to see more detail about the work being done.

:whisper:

Donating and becoming a sponsor is honestly worth it.

Sprint tower which is located in Richmond, IN south of I-70... the north side of Richmond.

It has new cabinets, and new antennas on top of the tower. Appears that the cables are all still going to the old cabinets.

For some reason there are cat 5 cables going to the old cabinet that are just laying on top of the ground.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1374170853117.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374170870961.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374170884317.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374170911981.jpg

Edited by lilotimz

Thanks, heres a screenshot of the numbers from the krogers parking lot off ronald reagan (Mt. Healthy) exit. Hope this helps

It does, but you need to do a 360 around the site on nearby streets or by walking around the site base.If there are 3 NV antennas, then each one emits it's own serving cell ID.

It does, but you need to do a 360 around the site on nearby streets or by walking around the site base.If there are 3 NV antennas, then each one emits it's own serving cell ID.

I see. Will try again next chance I get.

I see. Will try again next chance I get.

Even though I'm not in the Cinci market, thanks for your contributions. I know the people in your area appreciate it.

I don't know what tower I'm connected to, but here is my data from my home. I assume it's the NCH tower, though I'm about 2.5 miles from it as the crow flies.

9316195555_d57f6f32cb_c.jpg
Edited by efipaul
  • Like 1

I don't know what tower I'm connected to, but here is my data from my home. I assume it's the NCH tower, though I'm about 2.5 miles from it as the crow flies.

9316195555_d57f6f32cb_c.jpg

You're connected to "Serving Cell" 229. 229 is from just one of the antennas. If the site has three antennas (guessing it does), you need to go to each of the other two antennas and get those serving cell IDs. Once you know what each of the three are, the next time you're somewhere in the city and see that you have LTE you can check the Serving Cell to see if it's one of the three you already know about. If it's not, you've found yourself a new LTE signal.

• Like 1