Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Work is being done in Dayton. If you donate to help keep the lights on here, you'll be able to see more detail about the work being done.

:whisper:

Donating and becoming a sponsor is honestly worth it.

I just made a donation. Once my membership level is increased, I look forward to seeing the Dayton/Miamisburg, OH information. This is a good site, and I hope the donation help some.

• Like 2

This site says work is beginning and the Service people are getting more complaints about dropped calls. It says on here that Q2 2014 is when LTE launches in Cincinnati. So that means towers should start coming up in the next few months I would guess. They have less than a year and they do launch as they are upgraded I have heard.

I live in colerain near blue rock rd. For about a minute I had Lte... at least I feel like progress is happening. I'm assuming it's from the Mt. Healthy lte but I didn't have it long enough to check.

You're connected to "Serving Cell" 229. 229 is from just one of the antennas. If the site has three antennas (guessing it does), you need to go to each of the other two antennas and get those serving cell IDs. Once you know what each of the three are, the next time you're somewhere in the city and see that you have LTE you can check the Serving Cell to see if it's one of the three you already know about. If it's not, you've found yourself a new LTE signal.

Heh, anyone else notice the misspelling of "enginerring"?

I managed to get the cell ID of the two other antennas (I think). Will post in a minute.

• Like 2

LTE in Oakley:

Rookwood Commons

Sam's

Target

Madison Road through Oakley.

Stops at Edwards and Erie.

Download speeds Varied between 10Mb and 31Mb

We need some sensorly!

I just HAD to share this! Rookwood commons in Cincinnati, I about crapped myself when I saw the 4G symbol!

screenshot2.JPG

If you haven't done so, please download Sensorly and map your trips: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensorly.viewer

LTE in Oakley:

Rookwood Commons

Sam's

Target

Madison Road through Oakley.

Stops at Edwards and Erie.

Download speeds Varied between 10Mb and 31Mb

We need some sensorly!

Yay! My first 4G signal on my phone. I ran sensorly up I-71, but my GPS was having issues in the rain. We'll see what gets reported. Here's a speed test (again, in the rain, so it may be slower than normal):

Posted Image

• Like 3

I saw some work on the tower in the old Bigg's parking lot on Colerain today, similar to the work that's been done on the one in NCH. Keep an eye out for some 4g in that area.  They might be working their way down Cross County.

Are you sure thats a sprint tower? I haven't noticed that one on any of the maps. 

Yay! My first 4G signal on my phone. I ran sensorly up I-71, but my GPS was having issues in the rain. We'll see what gets reported. Here's a speed test (again, in the rain, so it may be slower than normal):

Here's a new speed test a little later, after the rain:

arnt.png

Download speed is almost as fast as my home internet (30 down/5 up) and upload speed is faster than at home!

• Like 1

I just drove around the Batavia area mapping with sensorly.

My office in Hyde Park is 1 block out of range.  My house in Amelia is about half a mile out of Batavia coverage.

I wonder if mounting my Note 2 on an antenna mast... (must stop obsessing)

• Like 2

I was looking at sensory earlier and noticed as you follow Mill Road going north you'll see the signal strength get weaker then gradually get stronger. Does anyone know if there is activity on the Sprint tower on Sharon Road near that patch of stronger signal on Mill Rd. Here is the address where I believe the Sprint tower is by 1290-1300 W Sharon Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45240

I have and complained before, when talking to them about the connection issues they look to see if any towers are down. Then say how odd that the speeds are slow.. No real help

I would hang up and call back again. Lot of times they say they can see everything on their side of the network but its not real time. For example, my tower was down and they said it looks fine on there end. So they could not put out a trouble ticket because they could not see nothing. They got Ericsson to come out and look at it and found out two sectors were down. Now remind you they said everything looked OK. Just keep bugging them. Because in the long run you are the one that's paying for it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2