3G Issues with Photon Q 4G LTE

delta772er

So I just upgraded my work line to a Photon Q 4G LTE the other day and it seems like a pretty good device so far, but I have been running in to one issue. I've noticed that it constantly drops my 3G connection throughout the day, sometimes in comes back on it's own, other times it doesn't and I have to restart the phone to get it to work. It does this whether I'm at home connected to my Airave 2.5 or out and about.

Has anyone else noticed this issue or do you have any suggestions? I considered taking it back and having them swap for a new one since it's new, but it's a 40 mile drive to my nearest Sprint corporate store and wanted to check here first.

-Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my PQ lose it's 3G only once or twice that I've noticed in the past month. Having had a Moto XPRT prior, I'm used to it, and just pop into Airplane Mode for 30+ seconds, then back to normal, and all is well.

It hasn't happened to me enough to be considered a problem.

I have never experienced any issue with losing a 3G connection. The only time this happens is at the signal edge, and I expect it at that point anyway.

I live at the intersection of signals from SIX different Sprint towers - and I'm at the signal edge for every one of 'em. <_<

It's fairly normal for me to have 3G drop out and not come back up easily. The PQ is holding on better than previous devices, though...

• 2 months later...

So I just upgraded my work line to a Photon Q 4G LTE the other day and it seems like a pretty good device so far, but I have been running in to one issue. I've noticed that it constantly drops my 3G connection throughout the day, sometimes in comes back on it's own, other times it doesn't and I have to restart the phone to get it to work. It does this whether I'm at home connected to my Airave 2.5 or out and about.

Has anyone else noticed this issue or do you have any suggestions? I considered taking it back and having them swap for a new one since it's new, but it's a 40 mile drive to my nearest Sprint corporate store and wanted to check here first.

-Charlie

i just got it and been haveing the same p[robloms

i just got it and been haveing the same p[robloms

this issue ticks me off to no end. i can say with certainty that it always happens when i need to look up something in a pinch and i need to sit there and cycle airplane mode with the hope that doing that will fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

@swintec yeah, I have the Photon Q and that's how I solve this annoying problem. If THAT doesn't work, try rebooting. If it STILL doesn't work, try a hard reboot (holding down the power button for 20 seconds). If it still is causing problems, then you may have to hit the Sprint store. But this is how I fix it on my phone

Sent from my Motorola Photon Q

the most recent software update going around now (which i installed this morning) may have fixed this conneciton dropping issue.

I've had the software update for about a month now. Seems to have fixed all isses, including the 3G drops and the 3G icon is fixed to where it doesn't dissapear when you initiate a call.

I've had the software update for about a month now. Seems to have fixed all isses, including the 3G drops and the 3G icon is fixed to where it doesn't dissapear when you initiate a call.

how did you get it so quick? the build date on it is only December 3rd..doesnt leave much room for testing and making its way through the various channels before it gets out to end users like you through the update process.

The "SOAK Team" gets the release shortly after final build is ready so we can wring it out to make sure there are no hidden problems not caught in "Beta."

(And yes, we've had it for about a month - got it before Christmas IIRC...) :frantic:

The "SOAK Team" gets the release shortly after final build is ready so we can wring it out to make sure there are no hidden problems not caught in "Beta."

(And yes, we've had it for about a month - got it before Christmas IIRC...) :frantic:

What is this SOAK team you speak of? is it connected to the Sprint official forums or?

What is this SOAK team you speak of? is it connected to the Sprint official forums or?

It's Motorola Mobility's testing team. I got an email asking if I wanted to participate in the test, and I accepted. Has nothing to do with Sprint.

• Like 2