Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Personalmente entre esos 2 te recomiendo el Evo.

Nada pero NADA se compara a la calidad de HTC fabricando telefonos. Veo que tienes un HTC evo original, ese telefono me duro casi 3 a~os mientras mi galaxy nexus ha sido cambiado 4 veces en 2 meses.

Mano ps me estoy inclinando por el EVO ya q aparte de tener el V.1 de samsung he escuchao rumores de q tienen par de bugs y algo con los video players...... lo q mas m preocupaba era lo de la bat sellada del EVO.... pero me imagino q sacaran un extended batery/cover para el....

sent from my super smart phone.....htcEVO4g

Mano ps me estoy inclinando por el EVO ya q aparte de tener el V.1 de samsung he escuchao rumores de q tienen par de bugs y algo con los video players...... lo q mas m preocupaba era lo de la bat sellada del EVO.... pero me imagino q sacaran un extended batery/cover para el....

Supuestamente escuche que es como el iphone, un par de tornillos y se puede cambiar. Lo peor que tiene samsung en algunos de sus telefonos son los transmisores de se~al. En mi galaxy nexus es horrible ver como un telefono de hace casi 3 a~os (mi evo original) corre mas rapido en 3g.

Si le pones seguro al telefono se supone que en Sprint te cambien la bateria de gratis.(eso es si se da~a)

Todos dicen que dura un monton comparada con otros telefonos

http://cnettv.cnet.com/cracking-open-htc-evo-4g-lte/9742-1_53-50126286.html

Edited by Gab2012

Bro.... como van bregando el gs3 y evolte?....need info pa ver cual me compro....

you should also check the dev community beforehand (if running custom ROMs is something you're interested in), and see if you like the dev's of one community better.

I have the Evo LTE, really like it, and battery easily lasts throughout the day

Supuestamente escuche que es como el iphone, un par de tornillos y se puede cambiar. Lo peor que tiene samsung en algunos de sus telefonos son los transmisores de se~al. En mi galaxy nexus es horrible ver como un telefono de hace casi 3 a~os (mi evo original) corre mas rapido en 3g.

Si le pones seguro al telefono se supone que en Sprint te cambien la bateria de gratis.(eso es si se da~a)

Todos dicen que dura un monton comparada con otros telefonos

http://cnettv.cnet.com/cracking-open-htc-evo-4g-lte/9742-1_53-50126286.html

La bateria no tiene q ver en si con el seguro. Las baterias lo q tienen es un año d garantia. Si se t daña en ese año se t cambia d gratis si tienes seguro pero si no tienes seguro son $35. Eso es durante ese año pqmsi se t daña despues del año no se t cambia ni auqnue tengas seguro pq el seguro en si es para el equipo en si.

Kaku i get the gs3 for me also and no regret on it, running aokp jellybean.

Guys keep it on english :-), we can ask Robert to see if we can have a regional or a spanish topic so we can talk spanish without breaking rules.

I can read Spanish pretty well, but others cannot. So, please keep all S4GRU forum posts in English (or provide an English translation as well). Gracias!

Robert

• Like 3

Kaku i get the gs3 for me also and no regret on it, running aokp jellybean.

Guys keep it on english :-), we can ask Robert to see if we can have a regional or a spanish topic so we can talk spanish without breaking rules.

Jej ok edil..... my bad on the spanish thing....since I started it lool...

Im still going with the EVO LTE......I think....

La bateria no tiene q ver en si con el seguro. Las baterias lo q tienen es un año d garantia. Si se t daña en ese año se t cambia d gratis si tienes seguro pero si no tienes seguro son $35. Eso es durante ese año pqmsi se t daña despues del año no se t cambia ni auqnue tengas seguro pq el seguro en si es para el equipo en si.

The insurance from sprint covers defects with the phone and they will try to fix it for free(if its a defect and if they have the tools and parts at the store, if not they will order you a refurb phone).

The insurance part will run the deductible but thats if the phone gets accident damage or stolen (like a cracked screen). The battery of my OG evo started to crap out after a year and a half of owning the phone, took it to sprint (with insurance) they tested it and they ordered me a new battery.

Trust me, I've dealt with a ton of these issues with several phones on my account after the warranty (1year) ran out.

Infact, some stores (like the roosevelt) wanted $35 to swap one of my og evos that was still under the OEM warranty (phones LCD would turn on and off randomly and I had no insurance).

I took it to another store where they made me jump through hoops about the warranty until I got it replaced(without paying those $35). After it was all said and done I added insurance to all of my phones to avoid the hassles.

Edited by Gab2012

Kaku' date=' both are good phones, i went with the galaxy because of the bootloader, is so easy to root, flash cwm and all stuff with odin, i get lazy with all the adb process to s-off on the htc.[/quote']

Me too. I also like how you can side load PRL's on the fly with the GS3.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Me too. I also like how you can side load PRL's on the fly with the GS3.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Cmon guys u trying to make me buy a GS3 instead of the EVO..... don't think is gonna happen......

How I see it

Samsung = TV's

Apple = sue, besides iPods and iPads and macBook

Nokia = super durable phones

htc = smartphones patriarc!!!!

Only real two downsides I can think of with the S3 is the audio out quality isn't as good as the S3, no force roaming, and no FM radio. Not a big noticeable difference but when I plug in the S3 to my deck in the car compared to the EVO LTE, I can tell which is which. Maybe I notice it more since my car audio system has a few cables that are 0 (1/0) gauge.

Even with the force roaming issue (could be fixed later), I'd still probably get the S3 since the HTC LTE issues. Funny how I said I was going to go with HTC since I got burned by the flaky radio and GPS in the Samsung Epic when I was going to get my EVO LTE. Although the GPS is awesome in the HTC EVO (little better than the S3), it turns out the LTE part of the HTC is flaky!

Only real two downsides I can think of with the S3 is the audio out quality isn't as good as the S3, no force roaming, and no FM radio. Not a big noticeable difference but when I plug in the S3 to my deck in the car compared to the EVO LTE, I can tell which is which. Maybe I notice it more since my car audio system has a few cables that are 0 (1/0) gauge.

Even with the force roaming issue (could be fixed later), I'd still probably get the S3 since the HTC LTE issues. Funny how I said I was going to go with HTC since I got burned by the flaky radio and GPS in the Samsung Epic when I was going to get my EVO LTE. Although the GPS is awesome in the HTC EVO (little better than the S3), it turns out the LTE part of the HTC is flaky!

Since I can side load PRL's on the fly with the GS3, I don't mind not being able to force roam. I just load a VZW PRL. I have a shortcut by AnyCut on my main menu screen and it loads and reboots. And with the fast GS3 reboots, it's only a hair longer than it took Roam Control to get me back to a 3G data signal.

This was really convenient for me when I was in Waco and you wanted me to try the 12124 PRL. I just downloaded it to my device through the Sprint LTE. Renamed the file in ES File Explorer and clicked my Anycut shortcut, rebooted in 12124 in the HEB parking lot waiting for my wife.

Robert

This is my GS3, is ready to drag race with any EVO LTE jeje

Just wait till I get my htcEVO and lets go on a solo X better!!!!:)

• Like 1

I hope so, coverage in my house sucks. I get 1 bar and thats only good for a ton of dropped calls. Could NV actually increase the signal of a tower? I'm hoping so, the only way for me to make a call is to step out of the house.