Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Off topic,

To all my PR brothers and sisters, stay safe with hurricane Irma. Here on st Thomas hoping to hell that it turns north like they keep saying it would even though its still heading west.

• Like 8

Off topic,

To all my PR brothers and sisters, stay safe with hurricane Irma. Here on st Thomas hoping to hell that it turns north like they keep saying it would even though its still heading west.

Stay safe. Looks like St. Thomas is going to be just on the south side of the eye. St. John looking closer. Check in when you can so we know things are OK. Praying here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

With everything going on in Puerto Rico and the USVI, this tweet by Marcelo (understandably) received little fanfare, but is significant going forward imo:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/913886331394289664

In Spanish:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/913887710825283584

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2017 at 5:10 PM, Rawvega said:

With everything going on in Puerto Rico and the USVI, this tweet by Marcelo (understandably) received little fanfare, but is significant going forward imo:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/913886331394289664

In Spanish:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/913887710825283584

Its been crazy here in PR, since Hurricane Maria hit us. 12 days without service, no power, no water, no internet, no local tv channels, a complete blackout on communications. Gas station lines are hours long, few food spots with limited menu's, only cellphone provider up its Claro and very spotty, they agree to bring roam to tmobile and att.

On the sprint side, we don't have any info, if someone here can bring some light or news on repair time will be great. Things don't looks good. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, 2fastkuztoms said:

Its been crazy here in PR, since Hurricane Maria hit us. 12 days without service, no power, no water, no internet, no local tv channels, a complete blackout on communications. Gas station lines are hours long, few food spots with limited menu's, only cellphone provider up its Claro and very spotty, they agree to bring roam to tmobile and att.

On the sprint side, we don't have any info, if someone here can bring some light or news on repair time will be great. Things don't looks good. 

Update on Sprint Puerto Rico & USVI operations

Update on Puerto Rico Restoration

SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 - We continue to make good progress bringing cell sites up in Puerto Rico, but there is still a tremendous amount of work to do. Our recovery teams are on the ground and more personnel continue to fly into the island. We’ve been working aggressively to assess damage and restore service, with engineers conducting reconnaissance of sites both on the ground and from the air via helicopter. Our towers are still standing and largely intact, despite the devastation across the island, and we’re doing everything we can to restore backhaul and power. We are focusing first on restoring the most populous areas and then building out from there.

Over the next several days, air shipments including a chartered cargo flight are expected to arrive with network equipment including satellite (VSAT) equipment for restoring voice and text service, microwave backhaul sets, chargers and battery packs for our customers, and other items such as water and cots. A cargo ship is currently on its way with fuel. And Sprint has chartered a cargo ship to transport additional fuel and larger power equipment to sail early next week.

Our team continues to coordinate with federal and local government agencies on the island, including the Housing and Education Authority of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/2/2017 at 10:22 AM, 2fastkuztoms said:

Well over here on St Thomas it's been like this since September 6th, so welcome to the club. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was there in Fajardo, PR and Roosevelt Roads until the 20th of October.   Didn't get any service until around the October 15 where I could roam in Farjardo, PR on Claro. Just Voice, no Data/Text.  And a few days later, a  Sprint site was up in running from Cieba, just voice and text, no data.  Claro was the only game in town for a couple weeks.  

41 minutes ago, 2fastkuztoms said:

Sabana Grande also have voice and data...

Mayaguez downtown its up ,also  i notice better signal at my workplace but when i return to home  308  no signal .Last night was good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 9:04 PM, ROBERT7 said:

Prwireless is born. The merge between Sprint and Openmobile.

So does that mean that sprint will no longer operate under the sprint name in PR and instead be known as prwireless?