Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

A S4gru member has gotten a Band 41 speed exceeding 170 Mbps on the West Coast, which therefor is 3xCA. Hopefully 3xCA arrives here soon.  We already have band 41 3rd carrier in the Columbus metro area.

• 1 month later...

Is there anything in the works to fix data problems in Canal Winchester?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are not Sprint, but hobbists. We are now seeing small cells go live on the city of Columbus, but many suburbs will need to be overruled by the FCC before small cells arrive there to fill in weak spots in coverage. 3CA went live a couple of weeks ago and is only partially reflected in the latest rootmetrics report for Columbus where Sprint ranked #2.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Is there anything in the works to fix data problems in Canal Winchester?

what area and what phone do u have?

Portsmouth, Marietta, and Parkersburg have been sold to Shentel, a well regarded Sprint Affilate: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4897-shentel-sprint-lte-was-ntelos-west-nw-virginia/page-138#entry501916

Is the 3xCA widespread yet? I work in SE Columbus near Obetz, still seeing only 2xCA.

Not going to complain, I still see speeds close to 100mbit outside and 50mbit at my desk.

Edited by rudefyet

Yes, it is. Best speeds at off hours from prime locations.

• Like 1

Status update for Columbus: Band 26 LTE 800 now covers all on Columbus inside the beltway and most of the areas north of Columbus that are not GMO. Speaking of GMOs, most now have LTE in our market. Neither of these are fully reflected on Sprint's coverage map.

Band 26 LTE 800 offers better in building coverage and often greater range.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Signal fine outside your home, but weak inside?  Try one of these free: http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/the-worlds-first-all-wireless-small-cell--sprint-magic-box.htm

We believe it also applies to work locations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Status update for Columbus Market for this year:

• 3G Only sites are now an endangered species - only 5 remain out of 405 (excluding 9 Shentel sites and Band 41 LTE 2600 only sites).
  • Almost all sites Band 26 LTE 800 equipment now have it activated (penetrates buildings).
  • The number of sites with Band 25 LTE 10x10 and LTE 5x5 plus second carrier 10x10 has dramatically increased.
  • One additional small city has Band 41 LTE 2600 for extra capacity, dramatically expanded for another small city.
  • A few more Band 41 LTE 2600 sites have been added in Columbus.
  • We now have 9 confirmed active small cells with number 10 small cell waiting to be turned on.
  • Magic boxes are being tested in our market (think of them as micro small cells).

Help support our efforts at S4Gru and gain more information for youself:  enter to win a new Samsung Galaxy S8 and help support S4Gru

• Like 3

Status update for Columbus Market for this year:

• 3G Only sites are now an endangered species - only 5 remain out of 405 (excluding 9 Shentel sites and Band 41 LTE 2600 only sites).
  • Almost all sites Band 26 LTE 800 equipment now have it activated (penetrates buildings).
  • The number of sites with Band 25 LTE 10x10 and LTE 5x5 plus second carrier 10x10 has dramatically increased.
  • One additional small city has Band 41 LTE 2600 for extra capacity, dramatically expanded for another small city.
  • A few more Band 41 LTE 2600 sites have been added in Columbus.
  • We now have 9 confirmed active small cells with number 10 small cell waiting to be turned on.
  • Magic boxes are being tested in our market (think of them as micro small cells).

Help support our efforts at S4Gru and gain more information for youself: enter to win a new Samsung Galaxy S8 and help support S4Gru

donated

• Like 1

Hey guys. From how far Sprints network has come here in Columbus, how do you think the network stacks against the other three here in the city?

Hey guys. From how far Sprints network has come here in Columbus, how do you think the network stacks against the other three here in the city?

In the last root metric report, Sprint was ranked #2 in Columbus, and 3rd carrier aggregation was implemented in the middle of their testing period.   Since then there is more B26, a lot of b25 sites have 5mhz more up and down, and 9 small cells.  Now the completion does not stand still.  The others have been doing tower work during that period.  Columbus is one of the best wireless markets in the county, so it is no easy task to be #2.  http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/columbus-oh/2017/1H

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

In Lancaster itself service generally is quite good. There are exceptions of course.

There are some interesting places downtown as well.

• 2 months later...

just leaving the OSU game with 106k people in attendance, overall Sprint did ok. Didn’t lose signaly iPhone 7 was stuck on b25 with 1 mbps. I was able to send and receive texts and iMessages with no issues. Loading webpages was a drag but eventually loaded. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, derrph said:

just leaving the OSU game with 106k people in attendance, overall Sprint did ok. Didn’t lose signaly iPhone 7 was stuck on b25 with 1 mbps. I was able to send and receive texts and iMessages with no issues. Loading webpages was a drag but eventually loaded. 

Where did you sit yesterday in the stadium?

2 hours ago, imex99 said:

Where did you sit yesterday in the stadium?

29 AA row 3. Those seats were on the same side as the tower dorms.  

Sprint has changed its Band 41 configuration in Columbus to boost download speeds during the last week.  For more information, become a S4gru sponsor today! (more details in sponsor and premier).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am only receiving 3G service in Grand View on North Star road on Northwest blvd I usually have a strong signal of all 3 variations of LTE and as I drive around testing I know the saying that the speed I'm getting is about one down when I finally get on to 4G. It seems like the power goes up-and-down on the tower because I will be able to receive it inside for a few moments and then it goes away again . I've been using signal Check pro.

Any insight

• Like 1

I am only receiving 3G service in Grand View on North Star road on Northwest blvd I usually have a strong signal of all 3 variations of LTE and as I drive around testing I know the saying that the speed I'm getting is about one down when I finally get on to 4G. It seems like the power goes up-and-down on the tower because I will be able to receive it inside for a few moments and then it goes away again . I've been using signal Check pro.

Any insight
I am often in that area and will be tomorrow. I will check it out and let you know what I observe.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks sir! 
Driving from north to south from Lane to Fifth Ave was all b41 except a few feet about a 1/2 block south of lane, which was b25. This was using a LG V20.