Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

• 3 weeks later...

E broad and Lancaster ave.

Post scp screen shot please and we would know without any conversions...

DL the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalcheck

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery

Both apps will give you site information and what band your connected to.

We do not have PCI 394 recorded, so this 'could' be a new site coming online. Please check Sponsor spreadsheet and maps to try to help where this site is coming from.

If you're not a Sponsor, $5 can make that change.....

• Like 1

If it's a new one, he knows the locations bc of recent work being done!

Not necessarily. We have noted that PCIs have changed in our market as well as we have an incomplete current list of PCIs. All that's factual at this point is he found a PCI we don't have on our spreadsheet (unless he was in Beaver, OH).

Obviously more info is needed, but there is a good probability of a GMO site in the area going live LTE.

Hello everyone. I'm picking up LTE from E broad and Lancaster ave tower right now. Signal seems to be sporadic, as it doesn't always broadcast LTE. I don't think they're done working on it, since the base of the tower, where all the wiring comes out, is exposed.

8fb5b4fad058293d7093f6f317e52f45.jpg

3582d86a15141aabc5e848230e96f843.jpg

• Like 4

Hello everyone. I'm picking up LTE from E broad and Lancaster ave tower right now. Signal seems to be sporadic, as it doesn't always broadcast LTE. I don't think they're done working on it, since the base of the tower, where all the wiring comes out, is exposed.

8fb5b4fad058293d7093f6f317e52f45.jpg

3582d86a15141aabc5e848230e96f843.jpg

Thanks for the SignalCheck screenshot. This did give enough info to confirm the LTE signal is coming from the Lancaster Ave site you suspected.

Thanks!! And more info on the sponsor side....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new AT&T tower in Carroll, OH is online now. Blowing away those nasty Root Metrics scores in that area now....

On to Sprint network news, while in Carroll I observed that the Sprint site still has no 8T8R hardware installed but the T-Mobile equipment on the same tower looks new. FWIW, a couple weeks ago there was a ton of fiber work going on near that site as well. Vroom Vroom for the folks in Carroll now, well some.

• Like 2

The new AT&T tower in Carroll, OH is online now. Blowing away those nasty Root Metrics scores in that area now....

On to Sprint network news, while in Carroll I observed that the Sprint site still has no 8T8R hardware installed but the T-Mobile equipment on the same tower looks new. FWIW, a couple weeks ago there was a ton of fiber work going on near that site as well. Vroom Vroom for the folks in Carroll now, well some.

I'm just guessing but that work could be anything. They're getting ready to build an overpass/ramp at that intersection this spring. They've been doing lots of underground stuff. They ran fiber last year to that pole from winchester road around McDonald's to the tower.

I'm just guessing but that work could be anything. They're getting ready to build an overpass/ramp at that intersection this spring. They've been doing lots of underground stuff. They ran fiber last year to that pole from winchester road around McDonald's to the tower.

This was a fiber crew the likes I've not seen. I forget the company name now but recognized it then. There was around a dozen trucks complete with orange flags. Maybe fiber from a competing telecom to the one that Sprint had construct a drop. 

I'm intrigued about a new interchange in Carroll though. You sent me looking. I know there's nothing on the bidding page for any work involving US33, that was easy to search. I couldn't tell from the awarded projects though without clicking through every ODOT awarded project. I did find a section on MORPC about a 270-Lancaster bypass though. It looks like based on plans from 2003 (or earlier, saw a reference to 1997) there is a year 2025 and year 2028 construction plan in place and some of which has been completed. Projects like Diley Rd off-ramp, Diley Rd widening. A link here, it's a long read http://www.morpc.org/trans/Hwy_US_33_Major_Investment_Study.pdf

Wow, nice. ODOT project #140535 was awarded December 30 to Shelly & Sands. Looks like March 15 is a deadline, it must be a start date. That's the date all the utility companies say they will have their stuff relocated.

All the bid docs can be found here: http://contracts.dot.state.oh.us/home.do just search for project 140535. I just finished downloading the drawings. 1003 pages of all kinds of stuff, elevations, properties, etc. It will be nice when it's all done. 

• Like 1