Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Another dead giveaway is super clean SNR vs Signal strength. Meaning the antennas probably little to no obstruction.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what I'm looking for exactly. Wasn't sure if I should look for a small cell like in manhattan or just additional antennas on the rooftop which I did notice like 5 month ago but figured it wasn't sprint since they have been there so long 

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what I'm looking for exactly. Wasn't sure if I should look for a small cell like in manhattan or just additional antennas on the rooftop which I did notice like 5 month ago but figured it wasn't sprint since they have been there so long 

PM lilotimz and send him the exact address. He will be able to confirm it.

• Like 1

2xCA from a Small Cell on 64th St and Lexington in Manhattan. This was my first time going over 100Mbps on LTE.https://imgur.com/gallery/EVQ6E

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was on 59th and 5th also connected to a 2xCA small cells at 5pm during rush hour hit over 105mb..

Those things are beast!

• Like 2

At my home, my macro sit just activate 3rd carrier band 41 and 2xCA band 25 today. 3xCA band 41 speed test is 80 down and 13up. 2xCA band 25 speed test is 55 down and 11up at 2:58 PM today.

• Like 4

At my home, my macro sit just activate 3rd carrier band 41 and 2xCA band 25 today. 3xCA band 41 speed test is 80 down and 13up. 2xCA band 25 speed test is 55 down and 11up at 2:58 PM today.

Sweet, what area?

Haven't connected to Band 25 in my area yet to check but Band 41 in my home is 3xCA with peak speeds of 66Mbps, average speeds of 48Mbps.

I'm jealous of you guys my home site still 2xca b41 and no CA on B25.

Sweet, what area?

Macro-site eNB ID 136A9 together with eNB ID 12259 located at water st between catherine slip and market slip. CellMapper map location of the macrosite. Link

• Like 1

I went to Brooklyn Heights yesterday and while all the sites in the area are upgraded, I got kicked down to Band 26 in some areas and it was borderline unusable. Google Maps automatically switched to offline mode and Snapchat messages took several tries before they went through. There are small cell sin the neighborhood but I'm pretty sure that they are all Verizon's. I was really surprised because pretty much everywhere else I go in Brooklyn, the network is flying. Even Band 26 in Crown Heights is a solid 7Mbps in the middle of the day.

I went to Brooklyn Heights yesterday and while all the sites in the area are upgraded, I got kicked down to Band 26 in some areas and it was borderline unusable. Google Maps automatically switched to offline mode and Snapchat messages took several tries before they went through. There are small cell sin the neighborhood but I'm pretty sure that they are all Verizon's. I was really surprised because pretty much everywhere else I go in Brooklyn, the network is flying. Even Band 26 in Crown Heights is a solid 7Mbps in the middle of the day.

The Mini Macro collocated site I discovered in Queens has been kicking me down to B26. It's very annoying but speeds are still 10 Mbps+ while B41 is 50 Mbps when it will stay connected. 

The Mini Macro collocated site I discovered in Queens has been kicking me down to B26. It's very annoying but speeds are still 10 Mbps+ while B41 is 50 Mbps when it will stay connected.

From what I hear its in self optimizing phase. Give it a couple weeks. It will tune itself.

• Like 1

Looks like B41 is live on the Lincoln tunnel. 

Wow that's great news! Still waiting for any sort of LTE in Penn Station. Place is miserable enough, having some fast LTE would help. 

• Like 2

Pretty much my scenario in Red Hook Brooklyn near Ikea for some strange reason and around Queens Hospital in HIllcrest Queens. Borderline unusable. 

From what I hear its in self optimizing phase. Give it a couple weeks. It will tune itself.

From your lips to the Tower Gods, may it be so.

TS

• Like 2

Pretty much my scenario in Red Hook Brooklyn near Ikea for some strange reason and around Queens Hospital in HIllcrest Queens. Borderline unusable.

From your lips to the Tower Gods, may it be so.

TS

Yup. Ikea is like a Faraday cage but around Ikea seems to slow to a crawl in general which really confused me. The rest of the neighborhood isn't that bad. Sprint could use a new macro site in that area or a DAS inside.

Luckily they have WiFi inside.

No rootmetrics subtracts from sprint score because of upload speeds. So it is not a given it will rank high. It is nice to read the small cell and 3rd carrier reports though. Just wish there was a map to see what areas were updated and how.

No rootmetrics subtracts from sprint score because of upload speeds. So it is not a given it will rank high. It is nice to read the small cell and 3rd carrier reports though. Just wish there was a map to see what areas were updated and how.

The main issue is not just that, it's because they include areas outside the city.

So no matter how good it is inside the city If the surrounding areas are not as solid. This will continue to have a negative effect on Sprint's overall score in NYC rootmetrics results.

• Like 3

The main issue is not just that, it's because they include areas outside the city.

So no matter how good it is inside the city If the surrounding areas are not as solid. This will continue to have a negative effect on Sprint's overall score in NYC rootmetrics results.

I wonder if upload CA will help with upload Scores?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

In general upload CA would help with capacity and speed. 

Depends on device and location to see the impact I suppose; when it comes to actual scores on Root I believe it will, as it rolls out. Example of vectors would be say, If it is a qualifying device in a market has UL/CA enabled on the network. What carriers are available in a newer configuration, and throw in 64QAM if you are in a peak spot, or will a radio drop to one carrier in less than ideal RSRP? These factors are something to keep in mind. Reference here, as we have seen 2xCA in many band 41 mature markets, we have 2 or 3 sites in my market now and I just saw a third carrier. See band 25 second carriers coming online in many markets, and many with out that have 40Mhz of PCS spectrum running 5Mhzfd.  

To throw in one more wrench, L1900CA is here now, and 10MHzfd is also giving a nice boost. I am betting yes. It will take some time to workimufy it into the network on the backendetry. Look for it in markets that are well deployed in LTE+ and 10x10