Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Was in Queens on Friday and connected to a B41 MM site. I believe it was one of the grey box sites on a pole due the the amazing signal. It was somewhere near https://goo.gl/maps/QSxZahYUC2C2 . After loosing connection to that site while driving east on Metropolitan Ave I saw a building located here https://goo.gl/maps/wYq3AoaJeWQ2 .  I believe I sawSprint Antennas for B25/B25/B41. Signal Check Pro Confirmed and I was able to hit 30Mbps with B41 and SCP showed a 3rd Carrier.  I don't have a screenshot for that. 

MM B41 site 2XCA

sy2lYMl.jpg?1

• Like 3

Did anyone else see this tweet? https://twitter.com/guengott68/status/897867126756790272

Pretty cool to see what exactly is inside one of the grey boxes I see all over NYC and now I've seen in Queens.

Yup! saw that.

I believe it's Nokia flexi zone...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6789-band-41-pico-cells-nokia-networks/

• Like 2

cd5fc5571a9f8b31af9b949e3dbb223d.jpg

Are these new sprint antennas on eastchester RD. On top of the dunking donuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oo which part of eastchester rd? Im assuming this is the bx. By mace ave??

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Edited by sunmybun

Connected to B41 for the 1st time in a subway station @ 59th Street . I know its existed in some of them but I have never connected to it before. You would think all the major station like 34th, 42nd, and 14th Streets would have it but I have never found it there. Every station luckily has the 2nd B25 carrier. 

• Like 3

Is anyone having Google Voice issues?  Not sure if it's a NYC area problem so that's why I'm posting it here.  I'm not getting any texts.  I can send and I can make/receive calls, but nothing inbound.

Is anyone having Google Voice issues?  Not sure if it's a NYC area problem so that's why I'm posting it here.  I'm not getting any texts.  I can send and I can make/receive calls, but nothing inbound.

this sounds like you're issue..

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/08/25/google-voice-users-arent-receiving-sms-messages-google-investigating/

This is the exact address 2451 eastchester RD, Bronx 10469

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kk. You seem to live so close to me but yet so far. Haha

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Yeah I found the issue on repl.it reddit as well... glad it wasn't just my account.

(Lesson planning at 10:30pm using repl.it and my brain defaulted there)

Edited by jaybiz81

There are COWs along Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn in preparation for J'ouvert and the Labor Day/West Indian day parade. It's not Sprint though as far as I can tell. I wonder if they'll put up some.

It's anticipated that there will be between 1-3 Million people in attendance so it's definitely necessary.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2228673994.png

A week old, but these are the fastest speeds I've experienced with Sprint, by far. This was near NYU. B41 near me is bogged down to EVDO speeds or slower during the day.

Where is it that your speeds have slowed down? Have you reported it on my Sprint?

Where is it that your speeds have slowed down? Have you reported it on my Sprint?

Far Rockaway and multiple areas of Long Island (technically another market, I know), I've reported poor performance in the past, but I can't say I ever noticed any improvements.

My only service this evening has come from a fringe B26 signal, from what I assume is a distant tower (I need to become a sponser to confirm).

2243980726.png

Only problem is that my phone keeps switching back to a slightly stronger B41 signal, despite no data going through lol.

Far Rockaway and multiple areas of Long Island (technically another market, I know), I've reported poor performance in the past, but I can't say I ever noticed any improvements.

My only service this evening has come from a fringe B26 signal, from what I assume is a distant tower (I need to become a sponser to confirm).

2243980726.png

Only problem is that my phone keeps switching back to a slightly stronger B41 signal, despite no data going through lol.

You should signup for a magic box, don't know if the sign up is still open, but you should also keep reporting your issues on my sprint app.

I have noticed that GMO's and also mini macros are being added in LI, so theirs that as well.

You can't sign up anymore but I still got one by emailing and explaining my situation to booster@sprint.com and asking for one. I don't know how often that method works for getting one but I got a response within a few hours telling me that they placed the order for one for me and that it would arrive in 5-6 business days.

Weird. I connected to a 2nd carrier MM SC with EARFCN 40142 but it only at 15 MHz BW. Speed is at 26 Mb Down/8 Up taken at 1:20 PM today. Located at whitehall st and water st lamppole. No Carrier Aggregation between BW: 15 and 20 Mhz.

Map Link:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7024964,-74.0126808,3a,42.5y,326.96h,95.67t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s2gGezdro4jg7ws2IOcZHHw!2e0!5s20140701T000000!7i13312!8i6656

GCI: 012A8E39 EARFCN: 40142 BW: 15 Mhz, GCI: 012A8E31 EARFCN: 39965 BW: 20 Mhz

42 minutes ago, RaigekiNYC said:

Weird. I connected to a 2nd carrier MM SC with EARFCN 40142 but it only at 15 MHz BW. Speed is at 26 Mb Down/8 Up taken at 1:20 PM today. Located at whitehall st and water st lamppole. No Carrier Aggregation between BW: 15 and 20 Mhz.

Map Link:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7024964,-74.0126808,3a,42.5y,326.96h,95.67t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s2gGezdro4jg7ws2IOcZHHw!2e0!5s20140701T000000!7i13312!8i6656

GCI: 012A8E39 EARFCN: 40142 BW: 15 Mhz, GCI: 012A8E31 EARFCN: 39965 BW: 20 Mhz

Very odd, this was one of the first Small cells found in NYC. Pretty sure they all ran at 20Mhz. Manhattan has plenty of spectrum and 3xCA is already deployed. Maybe its an error on the engineering screen. 

What device are you using?