Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I can also comfirm the small cell on 42nd street is 2xCA just hit 110mbs.

Sheesh... I need to go into the city and see those speeds for myself.

I switched back to sprint and I gotta say, HUGE improvement. I'm loving it..

• Like 2

Another 3 more small cell added 2x CA band 41 just turned on today.

While riding the bus to south ferry.

1 is at pearl st. and frankfort st

1 is at fulton st. and cliff st.

1 is at water st. and john st.

• Like 1

Last weekend I was around Duane Park 7 pm in a Restaurant with some family.

My cousin is on T-mobile and another on Att. We did a speed test, the results were

Me (Sprint) - 40mb/s T-mobile- 22 mb/s  Att - 16 mb/s

All of course more then enough for any usage but it shows how much improvement Sprint has made.

Last weekend I was around Duane Park 7 pm in a Restaurant with some family.

My cousin is on T-mobile and another on Att. We did a speed test, the results were

Me (Sprint) - 40mb/s T-mobile- 22 mb/s Att - 16 mb/s

All of course more then enough for any usage but it shows how much improvement Sprint has made.

What was the upload?

Anyone know what this means on SCP. Its been showing up for me a ton in Queens and in Manhattan. I'm referring to the two *'s. Ran a speed test after seeing it this time and got over 40Mbps

Also unrelated question: Any one know of the status of the DAS at JFK?

MiOpQJe.png?1

Which terminal? 

Fun fact, while taking my Uber today I found out T-Mobile doesn't have service in the Battery Tunnel. Meanwhile Sprint has Band 26 down here and I'm posting this while on it right now. It might be leaky coax or a DAS because the signal is really strong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

By design if I recall, same goes for the Queens Midtown Tunnel.

I've never had any luck at Terminal 4 and Terminal 5

I'm flying out of Terminal 4 tomorrow, will check on my devices to see how coverage and speeds are.

For the most part thanks to Hotspot 2.0, I'm on the secure WIFI rather than mobile at most terminals. 

I've never had any luck at Terminal 4 and Terminal 5

I'm sitting in Terminal 4 right now, gate B43, and camped on a perfectly usable B25 signal. Speeds are averaging 13-15mbps on the downlink.

• Like 4

I'm flying out of Terminal 4 tomorrow, will check on my devices to see how coverage and speeds are.

For the most part thanks to Hotspot 2.0, I'm on the secure WIFI rather than mobile at most terminals.

I wish Hotspot 2.0 worked on Nexus/Pixel devices...

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 1

"Optimum to deploy fiber capable of 10Gbps internet to all customers"

Thanks Altice!!!

Here's a link to the press release for those wondering: http://altice.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Altice-pr-altice-USA-Unveils-Generation-Gigaspeed.pdf

As I stated in the comments, it's not as if they have to build out fiber from scratch. They more or less just have to replace all the coax from the curb to the premises. That's unless the current fiber they have deployed to the curb is not capable of 10Gbps speeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm late to this but when did Optimum start offering 300Mbps residential internet?

About 4-5 weeks ago. I upgraded to the 101 package (which ends up around 120mbs down and 40mb up, loving the upload) for just a few bucks more.

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm late to this but when did Optimum start offering 300Mbps residential internet?

I only noticed that myself when I was watching the knicks game, and I was like oh that's nice!!! They're also going to be doing some fiber to the home upgrades in the next couple years which should be interesting. I upgraded to the 200Mbps package myself. 300 just doesn't give u peak speeds unless its early in the day I found out. There links get saturated as would any connection being hammered by multiple users.

• Like 1

Really wish they were able to offer faster upload speeds. FIOS offers symmetrical download and upload.

I'm pretty certain it's a limitation of the HFC setup that they're using that uploads are pretty low. With the upgrade to FTTH, the upload speeds will probably increase quite a bit.

Really wish they were able to offer faster upload speeds. FIOS offers symmetrical download and upload.

Haha yeah I've got 150mbps symmetrical from Frontier out here in Seattle. Works like a charm - I don't think I've never seen speeds fall below the 150 mark.

Haha yeah I've got 150mbps symmetrical from Frontier out here in Seattle. Works like a charm - I don't think I've never seen speeds fall below the 150 mark.

Yup same with FiOS in Pittsburgh. Never below 150 down. Up is usually 165 or so. I don't think I can ever go back to unsymmetrical internet long term, it's nice being able to host things from a home server (media, VPN, etc).

Now if they would just roll out IPv6...

Sent from my Pixel XL