Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Hit some more 8t8r in the heights near 178th and Amsterdam ave last night. Also hit more near presbyterian hospital.

How are you verifying that you have indeed connected to a new 8T8R site?

How are you verifying that you have indeed connected to a new 8T8R site?

GCI on signal check pro, Sprint B25/26 start with 012

Clear B41 starts with 02

Sprint B41 starts with 013

NJ market on the west side of manhattan sometimes picks up

Sprint B25/26 starts with 018

Clear B41 starts with 03

Sprint B41 starts with 019

Sprint sites PLMN are 310 120

I also try to visually verify whenever possible.

GCI on signal check pro, Sprint B25/26 start with 012

Clear B41 starts with 02

Sprint B41 starts with 013

NJ market on the west side of manhattan sometimes picks up

Sprint B25/26 starts with 018

Clear B41 starts with 03

Sprint B41 starts with 019

Sprint sites PLMN are 310 120

I also try to visually verify whenever possible.

Ok thanks, will keep an eye out based on that.

Im gonna be going to New York this week and I'm just wondering if the subway has coverage. I have seen articles on it. But can anyone explain how they get the coverage underground? 

-Tyboxer12

• Like 1

Im gonna be going to New York this week and I'm just wondering if the subway has coverage. I have seen articles on it. But can anyone explain how they get the coverage underground? 

-Tyboxer12

You can see which stations have service by clicking this link

This link is how they do it.

• Like 1

Have ran into a few Clear sites that are broadcasting and not transfering data. At first I thought it was the N6, turns out my buddy with M8 had the same issue in the same place.

I have found 3 dead spots One on west side 51st

One in the east side 50th 3rd ave, and in the Bronx Webster ave off Tremont avr.

If it continues to be an issue in the next few days I will call Sprint up to see what's going on.

Curious to know if anyone else is having issues with Clear sites in other neighborhoods.

• Like 1

Have ran into a few Clear sites that are broadcasting and not transfering data. At first I thought it was the N6, turns out my buddy with M8 had the same issue in the same place.

I have found 3 dead spots One on west side 51st

One in the east side 50th 3rd ave, and in the Bronx Webster ave off Tremont avr.

If it continues to be an issue in the next few days I will call Sprint up to see what's going on.

Curious to know if anyone else is having issues with Clear sites in other neighborhoods.

yeah me too, i had the same issue this weekend on Flushing Park, my house in jackson heights and Astoria Broadway and 33 St I had to put my phone on CDMA only, when I got home I changed it back to global and connected to band 26

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

6966d93b4d8bec65b071e640e5d97940.jpg

• Like 1

yeah me too, i had the same issue this weekend on Flushing Park, my house in jackson heights and Astoria Broadway and 33 St I had to put my phone on CDMA only, when I got home I changed it back to global and connected to band 26

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk6966d93b4d8bec65b071e640e5d97940.jpg

Report it asap and have them open up a trouble ticket, I also experienced this in Court st in BK and Webster ave in the Bronx.

I went ahead and reported the issue.

Basically the download is not going anywhere and upload still operates.

Report it asap and have them open up a trouble ticket, I also experienced this in Court st in BK and Webster ave in the Bronx.

I went ahead and reported the issue.

Basically the download is not going anywhere and upload still operates.

That has happened here in Tampa the last few days. Clear sites only.
  • Like 1

I've noticed this as well over in South Ozone Park, Briarwood, Jamaica Hills and Rego park since yesterday and today. Also reported. 

That's a huge outage! I'm heading back to Brooklyn today so I'll see if it is affecting where I live too.

Yeah same for me , in my partners neighborhood! I'll have him call and report it later as well he is in the Bronx around 180's off university the tower is on but not transmitting and its causing issues sending and receiving calls!

• Like 1

I've noticed this as well over in South Ozone Park, Briarwood, Jamaica Hills and Rego park since yesterday and today. Also reported.

I tried to report it 3 times already no luck sprint reps say everything is fine. And the zone app every test is good but I have no data or really slow data, I tried to do a speed test and can't get reliable connection

I tried to report it 3 times already no luck sprint reps say everything is fine. And the zone app every test is good but I have no data or really slow data, I tried to do a speed test and can't get reliable connection

I went through the whole song and dance with them, and explained to them that I tried 3 different devices wth the same results. No data is being downloaded. 

Then they transferred me to someone that was able to create the trouble ticket.

I noticed that as well, everytime I reported it via the Sprint Zone app, I was back on LTE, the minute I send the report, I lost the connection. Its a conspiracy I tell ya. lol

TS

• Like 2

OK, I'll chime in now. Since I've been back, I've only encountered this problem one time, 2 days ago on my home site. I immediately reported it though the Sprint Zone app as "Unable to access 4G" and told them that the data session is not starting even though I'm clearly on a LTE site and I have full bars. Since then, the problem hasn't persisted and everywhere I go in the city I pick up Band 41.YfoZQXv.png?1 DKhnXzZ.png?1

• Like 3

In other news, I ate out for Thanksgiving for the first time yesterday. I went to South Fin Grill in Staten Island (it was delicious) and I was pleasantly surprised to see Band 41 when I looked at my phone. I was even more surprised when I saw I was connected to 8T8R! My signal was pretty low but speeds were still in the teens. L4zaRCn.png?1UVL1YXP.png?1

• Like 1