Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

How do you map it on Sensorly ?

On Android phones it does it when the app is open.

Unfortunately if you are in the iOS crowd, you are stuck with apple defining how your device is used and they do not allow apps to report signal strength and such.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Unfortunately if you are in the iOS crowd, you are stuck with apple defining how your device is used and they do not allow apps to report signal strength and such.

Mmhmm , hopefully Apple will allow a little bit more freedom in iOS7 & all my Android friends get to mapping lol .

Well, you can't. iPhones can't map for Sensorly due to a limitation imposed by Apple. They won't allow access to the information Sensorly needs to map.

Hopefully that will change with iOS7 considering that Scott Forstall has been removed from office . We'll see if Jony Ive's changes up the locked down software that iOS is .

Recently jail broke my iPhone 5. :-)

Screw apple and their limitations. iPhone has serious potential.

iPhone definitely does have a lot of potential , & I love iOS its just gettin stail & old like some bread thats been left out for a week , Apple better wow the crowd with iOS7 .

Thats incorrect bc places where Sprint LTE is already launched like Atlanta the download is around 20-30mbps & the upload is around 5-15mbps & thats why I said we should get 10-30down over here in the NYC . Sprint LTE shouldn't be any less than 10mbps & you guys are only saying you'll accept bc we don't have LTE all over the place & we've only gotten a taste of it .

While we all would like 30mbps on the downlink, realistically we will never see that on a daily basis, not on a saturated network. Verizon LTE isn't as fast as people make it out to be as well. There is a reason why Verizon advertises 5-12mbps on the downlink, and 2-5mbps on the uplink. Bear in mind, the various Speedtest servers all get loaded, so speeds there may vary. Unless you have access to a private server where you can do file transfer and calculate transfer rate, true speed will be hard to determine.

Comparing speeds is like having a pissing contest, the only reality is wet pavement.

On a device, anything over 6-10mbps is overkill, as there is NOTHING that you can do singletasking that would take up that much bandwidth. Even a XenApp desktop running on an LTE connection would not take up that much bandwidth.

• Like 1

i find

While we all would like 30mbps on the downlink, realistically we will never see that on a daily basis, not on a saturated network. Verizon LTE isn't as fast as people make it out to be as well. There is a reason why Verizon advertises 5-12mbps on the downlink, and 2-5mbps on the uplink. Bear in mind, the various Speedtest servers all get loaded, so speeds there may vary. Unless you have access to a private server where you can do file transfer and calculate transfer rate, true speed will be hard to determine.

Comparing speeds is like having a pissing contest, the only reality is wet pavement.

On a device, anything over 6-10mbps is overkill, as there is NOTHING that you can do singletasking that would take up that much bandwidth. Even a XenApp desktop running on an LTE connection would not take up that much bandwidth.

i find ping is more important when it comes to experiencing optimal mobile usage. i have wimax phone and sometimes it pulls off 8mbps but 200ms ping was really slowing things down.

i find

i find ping is more important when it comes to experiencing optimal mobile usage. i have wimax phone and sometimes it pulls off 8mbps but 200ms ping was really slowing things down.

That's where LTE will win out. I average <100ms all the time. I just did a speed test now, and my LTE ping time was 70ms and EVDO (3G) was 86ms.

• Like 1

I don't wait for Apple's potential, i do have Apple's potentiols now... with Android!

(BTW, take a look www.zdnet.com/a-cheap-android-phone-is-now-a-good-phone-your-move-apple-7000011165/?s_cid=e539 one of the thousands of people who never know of something better, just try and you will see)

I don't wait for Apple's potential, i do have Apple's potentiols now... with Android!

(BTW, take a look www.zdnet.com/a-cheap-android-phone-is-now-a-good-phone-your-move-apple-7000011165/?s_cid=e539 one of the thousands of people who never know of something better, just try and you will see)

I GUESSSSSSSSSS , Andriod isn't even all that , I honestly don't like Android to laggy , the only thing you guys have over us as of right now is certain software aspects , Apple's phones are still the bomb & beat out the comp by far even Samsung i mean who wants a cheap piece of plastic phone , & if iOS7 wows us like expected then Apple will be back on top simple as that .

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII TTTTTTHHHIIIIIINNNNNNNNKKKKK YAALLLLLLLLL NEEEEEEEEDDDDDD TTTTTTOOOOO GGGGGGGGOOO TTTTTOOOOOO AAAAAANNNNNOOOOOTTTTTHHHEEEERRR TTTTTTTHRRRRREEEEAAAAAAAAADDD. OOOOKKKKAAAYYYYYY??????? TTTHHHHHHAANKKKKKKSSSSSS.

• Like 1

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII TTTTTTHHHIIIIIINNNNNNNNKKKKK YAALLLLLLLLL NEEEEEEEEDDDDDD TTTTTTOOOOO GGGGGGGGOOO TTTTTOOOOOO AAAAAANNNNNOOOOOTTTTTHHHEEEERRR TTTTTTTHRRRRREEEEAAAAAAAAADDD. OOOOKKKKAAAYYYYYY??????? TTTHHHHHHAANKKKKKKSSSSSS.

K . ALL OF THAT WASN'T NECESSARY WE GET THE DAMN POINT . Ugh ur annoying .

People have different preferences. I have android and I am happy. I do want to try Window phone or iphone later though. Take advantage of having more options by competitive prices and great experiences.

• Like 1

People have different preferences. I have android and I am happy. I do want to try Window phone or iphone later though. Take advantage of having more options by competitive prices and great experiences.

Exactly. I think android is cool too. Not saying its bad or anything, but I just prefer iOS solely because of the jailbreak. If not then it would probably be another story lol since I've had 2 androids before. It allows me to do A LOT of stuff I can't do with a normal iPhone and the jailbreak community is very strong (7 million unique iDevices jailbroken in first 4 days of the iOS 6.1 evasi0n release). Also I rooted my androids. Had Cyanogen Mod 9 and MIUI. Pretty cool.

I've been jail breaking since my first gen iPod touch. It's all personal preference so no bashing pretty please. :-)

Source for info: Modmyi.com and Jay (Saurik) Freeman. Developer of Cydia.

Edited by NaNa_Ch!LL

Everyone has their own preference in the Android, IOS, and WP communities. I personally like android because I can customize it to what i want it to be. IOS is perfect for those who just wants something simple that does everything for them.

Let people choose what they want and don't judge just because of their preferences.

--Side note : May i suggest we remove the aforementioned posts to keep this market thread clean and focused on NYC's NV rollout?

• Like 2

Hang on...

LTE, 1X, EVDO, CDMA, ANDROID, IOS, MAC, WINDOWS, LINUX, WIMAX, HSPA, WCDMA, NYC, LA, SFO, BOS, PHX, ENTIRE PLANET AND EVERYTHING CONTAINED ON IT SUCKS!!!

There covered just about everything for you.. no move on and let's discuss NV.

• Like 1

Hang on...

LTE, 1X, EVDO, CDMA, ANDROID, IOS, MAC, WINDOWS, LINUX, WIMAX, HSPA, WCDMA, NYC, LA, SFO, BOS, PHX, ENTIRE PLANET AND EVERYTHING CONTAINED ON IT SUCKS!!!

There covered just about everything for you.. no move on and let's discuss NV.

And broccoli! Eww!

In other news has anyone else gotten full bars of roaming in an area you know is covered by sprint. Happened to me a while back.

Lmaoo , we just got a little side wined , its fun to talk about something beside LTE at all times , only if you guys want to tho , & im bouta have that LTE today , im going upstate & the route that I take there is covered in PURPLE on sensorly im gonna be lovin it , I'll post speedtest .

• Like 3

Lmaoo , we just got a little side wined , its fun to talk about something beside LTE at all times , only if you guys want to tho , & im bouta have that LTE today , im going upstate & the route that I take there is covered in PURPLE on sensorly im gonna be lovin it , I'll post speedtest .

Upstate newyork?

Going through Westchester and Rockland county I'm guessing?

• Like 1