At universal. Still only see 2 band 25 carriers instead of a 10x10. Sprint is really fast thanks to the dos and signal is amazing. Tmobile is less than 1 mbps on hspa+ and lte band 4. I havent pickee up band 12 yet. Signal is bad too. They need dos asap.

You stay thirsty for that Dos, my friend.

jonathan-goldsmith-dos-equis-hed2-2013.j

AJ

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone been to Universal Studios recently? Looks like T-Mobile is having a hard time there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/499tl2/terrible_reception_in_and_around_orlando_florida

Wonder how Sprint does.

I was at Universal in mid October the service was slow but usable. I believe Sprint has band 26, 2 carriers of band 25, and 2 carriers of band 41. So the park has plenty of capacity.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They have 2 band 25 carriers and band 26 das only at Universal somewhere by diagon alley. Islands of Adverture and City Walk only have a single 5x5 band 25 and band 26. There is band 41 clearwire with one carrier coming from somewhere another clearwire with CA coming from somewhere and a Sprint Ca site also. Sprint went from absolute garbage to pretty damn good in the last year. I only had problems with that single carrier clear site which crawled at 1mbps during most hours. I went last month and observed the network heavily. I will say that I end up disabling band 41 because of that site. Also the das system I never got speeds less than 15mbps.

Can anyone tell how service is at the Disney parks currently. I will be traveling down there next week on vacation just curious to know.

I have never been to Disney but this just came out today. http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/no-one-beats-sprint-for-reliability-call-and-text-network-performance-in-orlando.htm?previousArticle=12158&nextArticle=12156&gotoArt=%2Fnews-releases%2Fno-one-beats-sprint-for-reliability-call-and-text-network-performance-in-orlando.htm

Can anyone tell how service is at the Disney parks currently. I will be traveling down there next week on vacation just curious to know.

Most people in the Disney World parks are are on capped data plans so they are using the free, no sign-in required, Disney WiFi which seems to run well enough to use it in most places in the parks.  It is more than fast enough to use the Disney app and whatever else you want to do on your mobile device.  That leaves all the mobile providers working quite well in the area since most everyone at the parks is off loaded to WiFi.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, I visited Orlando this past weekend for my brother's graduation and I must say Sprint was very congested almost the entire time I was there.  Even on B41, I couldn't get anything higher than 1mbps.  I'm sure some of it was due to the memorial day weekend and people all going to Disney/vacation, etc.  I think I connected to a second B41 carrier (as it appeared in signal check pro), but I wasn't able to confirm if CA was enabled or not on my N5x.  Sprint could use that 3rd carrier asap.

So, I visited Orlando this past weekend for my brother's graduation and I must say Sprint was very congested almost the entire time I was there.  Even on B41, I couldn't get anything higher than 1mbps.  I'm sure some of it was due to the memorial day weekend and people all going to Disney/vacation, etc.  I think I connected to a second B41 carrier (as it appeared in signal check pro), but I wasn't able to confirm if CA was enabled or not on my N5x.  Sprint could use that 3rd carrier asap.

Nope. It has just been like that pretty much everywhere. It sucks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Drove from south florida disney world. Saw all lte, on b41 until indian river county, with b25 and b26 in areas where it was 3G before. Definitely something was done in the last couple months. Signal never got above 110 db.

Epcot was great. Had b41 outdoor, b25 or b26 indoor. I was inside the japan area of Epcot, ran speedtest and got 23 down and 8 up on b25. Data was great. I was able to check for wait times and switch rides with my fastpass the whole day.

• Like 3

Drove from south florida disney world. Saw all lte, on b41 until indian river county, with b25 and b26 in areas where it was 3G before. Definitely something was done in the last couple months. Signal never got above 110 db.

Epcot was great. Had b41 outdoor, b25 or b26 indoor. I was inside the japan area of Epcot, ran speedtest and got 23 down and 8 up on b25. Data was great. I was able to check for wait times and switch rides with my fastpass the whole day.

Yep Orlando is a great market for all carriers. You may have had a 10x10 b25 and didnt notice

I was at Disney about a year ago and Sprint, even on B25 was really good there.

I was at Disney about a year ago and Sprint, even on B25 was really good there.

When I was at Universal I checked b41 and the das system on b25/26 consistently outperformed b41.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yep Orlando is a great market for all carriers. You may have had a 10x10 b25 and didnt notice

Interesting to see how much coverage will be improved for Orlando after the retuning starting in July.

• Like 1

10x10 found in Plymouth area today. No B41 to back it up so it was still congested. There is alot of b41 sites around it though. Going down 441 from the Villages all the way to Orlando most sites had b41. I was shocked. Go North of the Villages and there is no b41 for literally over 100 miles. Jacksonville market gets zero attention but any city in Orlando market gets attention.65007049dc21b598b35610744be04b7b.jpge2a8164ca2c272825850ef468a571e52.jpg8ad2cd29dbf76f71515a973caa431ed7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

So, in the last ~3 months or so, it looks like Sprint's been busy.  According to RootMetric's reports, Sprint's rated #2 in Orlando now.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/orlando-fl/2016/2H

• Like 4

So, in the last ~3 months or so, it looks like Sprint's been busy.  According to RootMetric's reports, Sprint's rated #2 in Orlando now.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/orlando-fl/2016/2H

It's almost the same rankings as 1st half of 2016.

Not much progress in the rankings, if you asked me, but I would like to see more small cells and 3xCA in Orlando early next year when I visit. 

Looks like it was screenshot on wifi but the test results show cellular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thos speeds are too high for band 25. Unless it was band 41? Screenshot shows 25.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thos speeds are too high for band 25. Unless it was band 41? Screenshot shows 25.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The time, 6 hours (at least, don't know when the SS was done) prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2