SCP has not been updated since 4/10/16.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

He asked about LTE discovery. SCP displays "Sprint B41"

Link goes to an image that has national db info and did not want to post it down this low. It is the post about naples, fl from last night. SCP still displays gci. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5816-tdd-lte-2600-band-41-8t8r-sites-accepted-discussion-thread/?p=493879

It looks like third carrier is starting to go live in orlando only saw a few. Also I only passed by one sprint B41 Jacksonville site I think it had third carrier live but I did not see the B41³ GCI only the EARFCN  CA'd with B41².

B41³ map from my logs.

florida%20B41%20third%20carrier.png?dl=0

• Like 3

It looks like third carrier is starting to go live in orlando only saw a few. Also I only passed by one sprint B41 Jacksonville site I think it had third carrier live but I did not see the B41³ GCI only the EARFCN CA'd with B41².

B41³ map from my logs.

florida%20B41%20third%20carrier.png?dl=0

What is the EARFCN for 3xCA?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

What is the EARFCN for 3xCA?

There is no 3xca yet. The EARFCN is just a carrier number. Cities with the 3rd only have 2xca right now. It chooses any of the 3carriers to do it.

An EARFCN on its own tells you nothing about carrier aggregation.

There is no 3xca yet. The EARFCN is just a carrier number. Cities with the 3rd only have 2xca right now. It chooses any of the 3carriers to do it.

I could have swore I seen a post where lilotimz said if a site has 3 carriers then 3xCA is in fact active. It's just that the only device that can use it at the moment is the HTC Bolt.

• Like 1

I could have swore I seen a post where lilotimz said if a site has 3 carriers then 3xCA is in fact active. It's just that the only device that can use it at the moment is the HTC Bolt.

3xCA is active for engineers only. Not to the public. 

3xCA is active for engineers only. Not to the public. 

Yup its only available on the Bolt currently.

No. Still not available to the public. The feature is enabled by default on the Bolt, but that doesn't mean the network allows you to use it.

Sent from my LG G5

Have already heard a couple folks achieving greater than 2xCA speeds. I will find link and post when I have time.

Have already heard a couple folks achieving greater than 2xCA speeds. I will find link and post when I have time.

Please do. Because thus far, with rigorous testing on various devices, we have not found any evidence of 3xCA being live for public use.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just checking anyone know if Sprint has any B41 yet inside any of the Disney parks yet? Or Universal?

Like Das? I know band 41 has been at universal for 2.5 years now. Now they have 3 DAS systems inside of the park. One for city walk, islands of adventure and universal. 10x10 b25 and 5x5 b26 with band 41 3xCA and Clearwire coming from towers close to the park.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im from NYC but I was at Magic Kingdom last weekend and Sprint was very good, speeds anywhere from 10mb/s to 40mb/s.

Im guessing a DAS is installed?

Yes Orlando area has 10x10 B25 as well.

• 9 months later...

I'm in the northeast suburbs of Orlando. It appears that there are more posts about Orlando in the Jacksonville thread than here. Last post before now was 10 months ago!

I'm 500 yards from a tower (internal antenna, camouflaged pole type) that has no B41 and just 5×5 B25; so, basically, Sprint service sucks. B41 is 1.7mi away, through foliage, so I can't get anything from there no matter what antenna configurations I try.

Is there any news as to what Sprint's plans are for greater Orlando (now that no merger is in sight)?

Here's an idea. I know it's a big stretch, but.... I recently met the Japanese Consul General for Miami. Is this influence path improbable:

me -> Japanese Consulate -> Softbank -> Sprint -> B41 !

8 hours ago, CAL7 said:

I'm in the northeast suburbs of Orlando. It appears that there are more posts about Orlando in the Jacksonville thread than here. Last post before now was 10 months ago!

I'm 500 yards from a tower (internal antenna, camouflaged pole type) that has no B41 and just 5×5 B25; so, basically, Sprint service sucks. B41 is 1.7mi away, through foliage, so I can't get anything from there no matter what antenna configurations I try.

Is there any news as to what Sprint's plans are for greater Orlando (now that no merger is in sight)?

Here's an idea. I know it's a big stretch, but.... I recently met the Japanese Consul General for Miami. Is this influence path improbable:

me -> Japanese Consulate -> Softbank -> Sprint -> B41 !

The site does not even have B26? If so, must be a GMO site. In that case, it will take either a replacement or a rebuild of the stealth site to allow for B26 and B41.

If so, must be a GMO site. In that case, it will take either a replacement or a rebuild of the stealth site to allow for B26 and B41.

Would you elaborate? I didn't know about GMO sites until researching it today. Most of what I read was in the context of Network Vision from a few years ago.

The site closest to me (B25 only) is owned by Vertex. Originally, when it was built 9 years ago, both Sprint and Clearwire had spots on the tower. Is there a way to confirm if it's GMO, and possibly determine Sprint's plans?

Thank you.

EDIT to add that B26 is on a tower further away and gives me pitiful performance if I force a connection.

3 hours ago, CAL7 said:

Would you elaborate? I didn't know about GMO sites until researching it today. Most of what I read was in the context of Network Vision from a few years ago.

The site closest to me (B25 only) is owned by Vertex. Originally, when it was built 9 years ago, both Sprint and Clearwire had spots on the tower. Is there a way to confirm if it's GMO, and possibly determine Sprint's plans?

Thank you.

EDIT to add that B26 is on a tower further away and gives me pitiful performance if I force a connection.

I didn't realize you weren't aware of GMO sites. Hopefully you found the article S4GRU made about them? Most of the information still stands from that article. Most GMO sites that still remain are due to engineering issues, such as "flag pole" stealth sites or sites that cannot handle the added weight of NV equipment.

If this is a stealth site, it is likely that there is something preventing Sprint from adding NV equipment to it. It can be hard to determine if a site is truly a GMO if it is stealth, but one way is if you can view the equipment at the base of the tower. If it is visible, you should see 3 RRUs mounted at the base with the cabinet equipment. 

See this thread for identifying Sprint NV equipment in your region: 

And this thread for spotting Nokia B41 (8T8R) equipment in your region: