Interesting. I was having some data connection issues where it was timing out for about a week. It's finally back to normal now though... So that's good. Still no complaints with service in Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using moderately better tapatalk

• Like 1

60dbm band 4 signal inside of the park don't lie. They have to there is no site that close to provide that kind of signal.

I just wanted to provide an update. Universal has a provider agnostic DAS and I wasn't aware it had been updated for other carriers. I'm guessing that the exclusivity on it must have expired and I wasn't aware. Currently the DAS has AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon on USF, IOA, and CityWalk. T-Mobile is coming next year. I can post details of who runs what on the DAS in the Premier Sponsors section, if anyone is interested.

Sorry Terrell for not looking into your observations more closely. Looks like the facts were in my face and I apologize.

• Like 1

I just wanted to provide an update. Universal has a provider agnostic DAS and I wasn't aware it had been updated for other carriers. I'm guessing that the exclusivity on it must have expired and I wasn't aware. Currently the DAS has AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon on USF, IOA, and CityWalk. T-Mobile is coming next year. I can post details of who runs what on the DAS in the Premier Sponsors section, if anyone is interested.

Sorry Terrell for not looking into your observations more closely. Looks like the facts were in my face and I apologize.

Its cool. How did you find out? Do you know where they are located exactly? Why did one have a second carrier and one did not? Will DAS ever inlcude band 41?

Its cool. How did you find out? Do you know where they are located exactly? Why did one have a second carrier and one did not? Will DAS ever inlcude band 41?

I'll post some details in the Premier Sponsors section for those interested.

Yep, the DAS system at Madison Square Garden and the Barclay's Center have B41 on-air, I think Barclay's even has CA.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Band 41 is all over the state for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57iphwrivx3qqkp/2015-12-11%2016.13.33.png?dl=0

Just not on I 75 where you are. There was alot of clearwire and sprint B41 second carrier in orlando and tampa.

For the entire state of Florida thats not nearly enough band 41 sites. Thats like 35% of sites in the state. Im not impressed and think nokia is not moving fast enough here. I75 should have had at least a few sites but it barely has any.

That is my scp log sites connected to. It is not all the sites that are live.

Nokia needs to get out of Florida and go to SC,Ga,Al, and La. Rural FL does not need to be blanketed by B41 while cities Savanah,Ga have no B41. (that I have connected to.) Tampa, Orlando, and Miami had B41 everywhere I went.(sometimes hard to connect to but still there or very close by logs.) When the second carrier went live in Orlando and Tampa it was hard to disconnect from B41.

I don't want people to read your "lack of" post then think there must not be any B41.

• Like 2

That is my scp log sites connected to. It is not all the sites that are live.

Nokia needs to get out of Florida and go to SC,Ga,Al, and La. Rural FL does not need to be blanketed by B41 while cities Savanah,Ga have no B41. (that I have connected to.) Tampa, Orlando, and Miami had B41 everywhere I went.(sometimes hard to connect to but still there or very close by logs.) When the second carrier went live in Orlando and Tampa it was hard to disconnect from B41.

I don't want people to read your "lack of" post then think there must not be any B41.

Plenty of cities in Florida besides those three with pops as big as Savanah Ga with no band 41 that is in dire need of it. Gainesville is definitely one of them. Go to a gator game or the mall and Sprint is 100% shut down. They should be in Savanah though. Point is nokia is moving slower than expected. I went to Tampa and I don't know where you went but while they did have band 41 you really have to be in the main downtown part to get it. The density was not as good as Orlando and tmobile and Verizon still destroyed Sprint in speed test consistency in most situations in Tampa. In Orlando Sprint was awesome though. They definitely have it good.

Plenty of cities in Florida besides those three with pops as big as Savanah Ga with no band 41 that is in dire need of it.

Only Tallahasse is bigger without B41 but it has been a long time since I have been there 1 year+. All the other bigger cities have a taste of B41.

Gainesville is definitely one of them. Go to a gator game or the mall and Sprint is 100% shut down. They should be in Savanah though.

And Penn State should have LTE any band. WVU (Morgantown)just had LTE turned on not sure if it reaches the stadium though. That is why most stadiums should have wifi.

Point is nokia is moving slower than expected. I went to Tampa and I don't know where you went but while they did have band 41 you really have to be in the main downtown part to get it. The density was not as good as Orlando and tmobile and Verizon still destroyed Sprint in speed test consistency in most situations in Tampa. In Orlando Sprint was awesome though. They definitely have it good.

If you had someone to help Kris with spreadsheets you would have a better idea where B41 is. Instead of B41 doesn't reach me so it's not installed at the tower.

Only Tallahasse is bigger without B41 but it has been a long time since I have been there 1 year+. All the other bigger cities have a taste of B41.

And Penn State should have LTE any band. WVU (Morgantown)just had LTE turned on not sure if it reaches the stadium though. That is why most stadiums should have wifi.If you had someone to help Kris with spreadsheets you would have a better idea where B41 is. Instead of B41 doesn't reach me so it's not installed at the tower.

I can spot a band 41 tower from a mile away just by equipment and it is not a prevailent as you think. The part thats exciting is if at least 70% of sites had it they would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Plenty of cities in Florida besides those three with pops as big as Savanah Ga with no band 41 that is in dire need of it. Gainesville is definitely one of them. Go to a gator game or the mall and Sprint is 100% shut down. They should be in Savanah though. Point is nokia is moving slower than expected. I went to Tampa and I don't know where you went but while they did have band 41 you really have to be in the main downtown part to get it. The density was not as good as Orlando and tmobile and Verizon still destroyed Sprint in speed test consistency in most situations in Tampa. In Orlando Sprint was awesome though. They definitely have it good.

It's not so much that Nokia is slow. It's more that they are working at the sites as prioritized by Marcelo. He has decided Gainesville and Ocala are lower priorities. Stop smearing Nokia and start tweeting Marcelo. He's the only one who controls your B41 destiny.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

It's not so much that Nokia is slow. It's more that they are working at the sites as prioritized by Marcelo. He has decided Gainesville and Ocala are lower priorities. Stop smearing Nokia and start tweeting Marcelo. He's the only one who controls your B41 destiny.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

Might have to do that. The other networks have the whole nine yards in more cities in Florida including CA(At&t &Tmobile) Verizon has 20*20 band 4 and even a few band 2 sitings, while Sprint is still band 25/26. Im not saying Ocala and Gainesville should be ultra priority but there are some sites bascially useless and they should not just be siting back letting that happen. As it stands right now the other networks have 2x3 times more capacity and the difference is very noticeable. Its seems like that in a lot of places I go. St Augustine, Ocala, Gainesville, Spring Hill, Tallahassee, Panama City, Seista Key. They all behave similar in the congested areas. I-75 is lacking also. Idk I just don't see amazing progress with nokia. Almost wish Ericson used there own band 41 equipment since every new site probably would have been band 41.

• Like 1

Might have to do that. The other networks have the whole nine yards in more cities in Florida including CA(At&t &Tmobile) Verizon has 20*20 band 4 and even a few band 2 sitings, while Sprint is still band 25/26. Im not saying Ocala and Gainesville should be ultra priority but there are some sites bascially useless and they should not just be siting back letting that happen. As it stands right now the other networks have 2x3 times more capacity and the difference is very noticeable. Its seems like that in a lot of places I go. St Augustine, Ocala, Gainesville, Spring Hill, Tallahassee, Panama City, Seista Key. They all behave similar in the congested areas. I-75 is lacking also. Idk I just don't see amazing progress with nokia. Almost wish Ericson used there own band 41 equipment since every new site probably would have been band 41.

Stop complaining about Nokia here and tweet to marcelo to increase capacity in your little corner of the US.

Also wishing Ericsson did the band 41 equipment and deployment? Bleh. There's a reason they were not selected and Nokia was. Nokia can deliver and does their work correctly (see tmobile) with far superior band 41 equipment. Ericsson didn't even have working 8t8r band 41 technology til early 2015. Nokia and the rest had it since the China Mobile deployments in 2012-2013.

• Like 1

Stop complaining about Nokia here and tweet to marcelo to increase capacity in your little corner of the US.

Also wishing Ericsson did the band 41 equipment and deployment? Bleh. There's a reason they were not selected and Nokia was. Nokia can deliver and does their work correctly (see tmobile) with far superior band 41 equipment. Ericsson didn't even have working 8t8r band 41 technology til early 2015. Nokia and the rest had it since the China Mobile deployments in 2012-2013.

Why didn't they choose nokia from the beginning? Uniform equipment is surely better than relying on two different providers.

Why didn't they choose nokia from the beginning? Uniform equipment is surely better than relying on two different providers.

Nokias CDMA portfolio is terrible compared to Ericsson who holds a ton of CDMA IP. 

• Like 1

Given approval of the Nokia acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia will own all that portfolio. Eventually this becomes a moot point. But at the time, Sprint made the decision they felt was best.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

At the tampa airport. I must say the force is strong with the network. Inside 102 dbm band 41 Clearwire with CA. 13-19 mbps down and 2 up without CA and 34-40 mbps down and 2.5 up with CA enabled. Either way its plenty fast.

• Like 3

At the tampa airport. I must say the force is strong with the network. Inside 102 dbm band 41 Clearwire with CA. 13-19 mbps down and 2 up without CA and 34-40 mbps down and 2.5 up with CA enabled. Either way its plenty fast.

There's Clearwire CA? Thought it was limited to just the Nokia panels/base stations.

Sent from my Nexus 5X