Interesting. Over at a friends near my old home location with another clear tower I know is there, and no b41. Maybe it's an outage? Or maybe some magical things are happening soon

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Moderately Okay Tapatalk

SOON[emoji769]

• Like 1

iPhone 6+ which isn't even a CA capable device... Good things are coming. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1356365099

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whaaaaaatttttt. thats awesome. My towers appear to be back up. Averaging around 30 down so no changes really.

Universal Studios still sucks, their wifi is very adequate though.

I was there two months ago and they improved alot. It went from less than 1mbps on all bands to 8-15 on band 41 I even hit over 40mbps a few times.

I was there two months ago and they improved alot. It went from less than 1mbps on all bands to 8-15 on band 41 I even hit over 40mbps a few times.

They come along way but just wasn't there for me today. Looking forward to the DAS buildout to be completed.

They come along way but just wasn't there for me today. Looking forward to the DAS buildout to be completed.

It's not consistent enough there. Once you get off of band 41 the network becomes useless but I stay on wifi there anyway which is usually 5-10 mbps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's not consistent enough there. Once you get off of band 41 the network becomes useless but I stay on wifi there anyway which is usually 5-10 mbps.

yeah the Wifi system there is pretty well built out, I was able to get it everywhere.

yeah the Wifi system there is pretty well built out, I was able to get it everywhere.

It is take Wifi calling, Sprint 1*800 and Verizon roaming and you get a stellar voice experience through out most of the park. The only time is in that Harry Potter cave. The only thing I hate but I completly understand is you can't take your phone with you on a roller coaster ride. Which makes waiting in line very painful.

It is take Wifi calling, Sprint 1*800 and Verizon roaming and you get a stellar voice experience through out most of the park. The only time is in that Harry Potter cave. The only thing I hate but I completly understand is you can't take your phone with you on a roller coaster ride. Which makes waiting in line very painful.

yeah when the hell did this rule start? That's a rule even over at Hulk. I had Fast Passes today, but still, I hated that, especially on this, the first day of college football.

yeah when the hell did this rule start? That's a rule even over at Hulk. I had Fast Passes today, but still, I hated that, especially on this, the first day of college football.

It started in February because people kept dropping things on the rollercoasters.

• 2 weeks later...

Universal Studios still sucks, their wifi is very adequate though.

Upgrading the DAS in Universal is a current priority for the market. Hopefully it's completed by the end of the year.

Upgrading the DAS in Universal is a current priority for the market. Hopefully it's completed by the end of the year.

Yeah I was at universal on last tuesday all day. Verizon and Sprint equipped. Verizon has small cells or something by the new harry potter attraction as I seen dbm as low as 60 there. Also by doctor doom while Sprint had no small cells there and I had a very far band 41 signal. Though it was usable 5-10mbps vs 40-60mbps is a hard pill to swallow in such a congested area. You could clearly see which network would crap out first.

Yeah I was at universal on last tuesday all day. Verizon and Sprint equipped. Verizon has small cells or something by the new harry potter attraction as I seen dbm as low as 60 there. Also by doctor doom while Sprint had no small cells there and I had a very far band 41 signal. Though it was usable 5-10mbps vs 40-60mbps is a hard pill to swallow in such a congested area. You could clearly see which network would crap out first.

so you had 5-10 in a congested area?  that was a "hard pill to swallow"?  Realistically anything over 5 mbps with a decent ping is perfectly acceptable.  while it might be true that sprint would "crap out first" 5-10 is far from crapped out, the difference in regular use between 40-60 and 5-10 is not noticeable for most tasks (web browsing, snap chat, Facebook).   

so you had 5-10 in a congested area? that was a "hard pill to swallow"? Realistically anything over 5 mbps with a decent ping is perfectly acceptable. while it might be true that sprint would "crap out first" 5-10 is far from crapped out, the difference in regular use between 40-60 and 5-10 is not noticeable for most tasks (web browsing, snap chat, Facebook).

Well two things to remember Verizon having small cells at the park means obviously I'm going to have band 4 in way more places than band 41 also should you lose band 41 Sprint slows to 0.20-0.80mbps on band 25 and band 26. This was on a mediocre day also. But I don't have a CA device and CA is definitely there so my findings are subjective. What I am saying is no small cells at the park does hurt Sprint there. Whether that's what you want to hear or not is on you. Sprint worked just fine there as long as band 41 was present. Once band 26 kicked in you start to notice Verizon's superiority at the park. They have WiFi though which is fine most days so its not a big deal unless it's Halloween horror nights or holiday season which is coming up.

Well two things to remember Verizon having small cells at the park means obviously I'm going to have band 4 in way more places than band 41 also should you lose band 41 Sprint slows to 0.20-0.80mbps on band 25 and band 26. This was on a mediocre day also. But I don't have a CA device and CA is definitely there so my findings are subjective. What I am saying is no small cells at the park does hurt Sprint there. Whether that's what you want to hear or not is on you. Sprint worked just fine there as long as band 41 was present. Once band 26 kicked in you start to notice Verizon's superiority at the park. They have WiFi though which is fine most days so its not a big deal unless it's Halloween horror nights or holiday season which is coming up.

gotcha, you left out the band 25/26 at .2-.8 and that it was a mediocre day at the park (crowd wise) hopefully some band 41 small cells will help out.  your right though  .2-.8 doesn't make for a good experience, CA wouldn't really help with the indoor coverage much, since band 25/26 are both 5x5 they stand no chance up against a Verizon small cell.  :(

gotcha, you left out the band 25/26 at .2-.8 and that it was a mediocre day at the park (crowd wise) hopefully some band 41 small cells will help out. your right though .2-.8 doesn't make for a good experience, CA wouldn't really help with the indoor coverage much, since band 25/26 are both 5x5 they stand no chance up against a Verizon small cell. :(

Doesn't Sprint make band 25 small cells too? Or are they just making band 41?

Doesn't Sprint make band 25 small cells too? Or are they just making band 41?

yes band 41, not sure exactly what the small cells will be capable of, perhaps someone else can answer that one.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/sprints-network-is-the-fastest-in-denver-and-getting-better-every-day.htm

"This will include adding thousands of new macro sites to increase coverage, as well as expanding our 2.5GHz LTE footprint. In addition, we’ll deploy tens of thousands of small cells using 2.5GHz, allowing us to add capacity in targeted high-traffic areas, as well as provide better service in hard to reach locations."

the post want very specific, of course i would  love to see tri band small cells with 3 band 41 carriers....  :fingers:    I have nothing to make me think that would happen, just wishful thinking.... very wishful.

• Like 1

I almost never expect to have amazing service in those theme parks. With the amount of people there, I usually just put my phone into airplane mode and ride on wifi. 

its hit and miss with theme parks, a good example of a theme park done right is cedar point in OH, it has a macro site smack dab in the middle of the park, full build with 2 bad 41 carriers (not sure if they are CA or not i dont have a CA phone) lte blankets the park and it was smoking fast 50+ mbps outside, 15-20 mbps inside even on the crowded days.  :D

• Like 2

its hit and miss with theme parks, a good example of a theme park done right is cedar point in OH, it has a macro site smack dab in the middle of the park, full build with 2 bad 41 carriers (not sure if they are CA or not i dont have a CA phone) lte blankets the park and it was smoking fast 50+ mbps outside, 15-20 mbps inside even on the crowded days. :D

Dude I want to go to that park sooooo bad. How is it?

I almost never expect to have amazing service in those theme parks. With the amount of people there, I usually just put my phone into airplane mode and ride on wifi.

The point is if Verizon and At&t can have a amazing experience so can Sprint if they are willing to put in some extra work.
  • Like 1

Dude I want to go to that park sooooo bad. How is it?

it makes the six flags that is near me (great america) look like a kiddi park, cedar point has some of the most intense roller coasters i have ever been on, many of the coasters they have either are currently or have been world record breaking coasters. check out the new one for 2016 http://toyland.gizmodo.com/cedar-points-newest-coaster-will-shatter-ten-world-reco-1730493757!!  its worth the drive (from any part of the country)  visit in May during the weekday if you can, the park is dead walk up or 5 min wait all day long for nearly every roller coaster! ( i hate lines, and hate paying for flash pass even more)  also i recoment hotel breakers for staying on site, you get discounted admission, plus its a 2 min walk to the park.