Specifically Metro West area, seeing some really good EVDO numbers. 2.00+ down ~0.6-1.1 up. Sitting at home.

Tower info: Operator 310 05116 NID: 27 BID: 4419 Signal: -88dBm

2122427596.png

Current phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE, PRI 2.45_003, BB 1.05.11.0606, PRL 12124 MeanROM 3.0

Is that different from what you normally see?

Well some context may help if this is what the norm is here. I was away in Tampa over the Summer from about May. I had AT&T right before I left. In Tampa Sprint's EVDO was very bad, even in full reception areas from my experience, 0.11 Down and 0.06 Up. So what I'm seeing now is a vast improvement.

Wow.. I can tell you that Sprint was actually not that bad here, then the iPhone showed up and my speeds crashed. HARD.. It was ok for a bit because I was using Wimax while I was at work and wifi at home. After getting the EVO LTE though the speeds here are terrible. I'm hoping I start to see some work over here soon.. It would be nice. There is so much in the area that I hope Florida in general gets plenty of love soon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully we get some LTE love soon here in TB :) I work in Sable Park over by the Fairgrounds, and I think every company over here must use Sprint Blackberry's. We have about 40 Sprint based phones in our office. When i get to my office at 7am I am getting around 500K down, but by lunch time it is usually in the 20-30K range with more than 2K ms ping time. Completely unbearable.

East side of Orlando has been terrible for me. Specifically the Avalon Park area. I drive by the tower every day hoping to see some trucks out front.

Here's some recent tests from the past two days.

n9Pfpl.png

cBAhJl.png

Edited by ThaRappa

East side of Orlando has been terrible for me. Specifically the Avalon Park area. I drive by the tower every day hoping to see some trucks out front.

Here's some recent tests from the past two days.

n9Pfpl.png

cBAhJl.png

funny, sprint used to dominate that area. i would never get signal on the stretch from avalon to around eastwood when driving on alafaya with at&t, while my friends would get good service from Sprint. since the area is still growing, i'm sure sprint could use a good upgrade there.

as for metrowest, i got good speeds there over a month ago :)

funny, sprint used to dominate that area. i would never get signal on the stretch from avalon to around eastwood when driving on alafaya with at&t, while my friends would get good service from Sprint. since the area is still growing, i'm sure sprint could use a good upgrade there.

as for metrowest, i got good speeds there over a month ago :)

The signal isnt' bad, I never have any call issues, it's the data speeds that are unusable. It extends through research park and is generally slow everywhere in east Orlando.

I did manage to run a speed test downtown last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. No LTE, but adequate 3g speeds.

bbCgll.png

• Like 1

Hopefully we get some LTE love soon here in TB :) I work in Sable Park over by the Fairgrounds, and I think every company over here must use Sprint Blackberry's. We have about 40 Sprint based phones in our office. When i get to my office at 7am I am getting around 500K down, but by lunch time it is usually in the 20-30K range with more than 2K ms ping time. Completely unbearable.

My wife works there near Coca Cola. That area is a notorious dead zone in the buildings. There is a deli there that u can't get a signal wo roaming.

I work on Coconut Palm and I was noticing the high tension wires essentially wrap around our building, runs along our parking lot then turns behind our building before crossing the canal. I go to Veterans Park on 301 just across the canal at Lunch pretty regularly and over there I get decent speeds (between 1mb and 2mb). A question I have for those smarter than me. Can the High Tension wires cause radio interference?

I work on Coconut Palm and I was noticing the high tension wires essentially wrap around our building, runs along our parking lot then turns behind our building before crossing the canal. I go to Veterans Park on 301 just across the canal at Lunch pretty regularly and over there I get decent speeds (between 1mb and 2mb). A question I have for those smarter than me. Can the High Tension wires cause radio interference?

Yes. Much like they can interfere with your car radio, the can interfere with your wireless device radio performance. I see it happen all the time in my own personal observations.

Robert

I'm up for contract renewal, but I'm waiting to see how LTE rolls out in Orlando. I'm in Auburndale, which is halfway between Orlando and Tampa, but Orlando is my market apparently. I have an Evo 3D, but use 3G 95% of the time as no where around here has 4G besides Lakeland (downtown). It's like glorified WIFI for the most part and it doesn't keep signal well, but I can get it there when I do a job-site there. I really want to upgrade to an S3, but I don't want to be stuck in a contract for another 2 years with Sprint if they can't speed up 3G or get 4G LTE. I have a Nextel tower by my house, so I'm hoping that gets turned into a 4G LTE tower in the future. Maybe then I could get service in or around my house because it's pathetic now. I have to have an Airave to get service inside my house. Even outside it's super super slow without the airave.

EDIT: I remembered I can also get 4G Wiimax in parts of Winter Haven (mainly when I'm at my buddies house). It makes me mad cause I can easily hit 4-5mb inside his house. The funny thing is 3G inside his house is amost nonexistant with Sprint, but I can get 4G awesome. I barely go over there, so it isn't like I can use it much.

Edited by Smashed Ixnay

• 4 weeks later...

I know it has Orlando with 1st LTE sites in Orlando, but just wondering when it'll actually be usable. I know it'll probably be a few months after Orlando lights up that I'll get LTE in my area, but I'm still excited as Orlando was listed in the article to get first LTE sites in September. Will that article be updated?

I'm going to donate some money, so hopefully I can get info faster. I just won't be able to donate $100+ so I can get the most info as a premium user.

• 2 weeks later...

Same happened to me down here in Miami. Just all of a sudden I got eHRPD connection. As far as I can tell everywhere that I have been to yesterday I have received eHRPD, even places where I have poor connection (like my campus lol). Hopefully this bit of news does mean we shall be receiving some much needed LTELOVE lol xD (I'm a bit hyper this morning :D)

-Luis

eHRPD in Daytona Beach / Port Orange Florida!

This seems to blanket the entire area. I haven't been able to test Ormond Beach or any other surrounding cities..

Data speeds + pings are excellent for noon 3g access.

I did notice one of the towers having more antennas since I last checked; Compare: https://dl.dropbox.c...87/M1030008.JPG, https://dl.dropbox.c...87/M1030007.JPG,

https://dl.dropbox.c...87/M1030006.JPG vs http://goo.gl/maps/EA58N

I did drive by and noticed a brown SUV infront of the gate, I wanted to stop but traffic prevented me from doing so.

I hope to see LTE soon!

I did post this as a reply to the eHRPD in jax thread, but I figured it would be more adequate to make a topic to grab attention to those in the Volusia area

2012-10-05 12.27.26.png

Edited by S4GRU
  • Like 1

Wow, I was getting really excited! I live in Deland( probably only those from here have heard of it) However, I go to school out in Daytona. I have been holding off getting an S3 or evo LTE, but now maybe I need to start looking for a good deal.

Thx to everyone for the updates.

Does anyone know if the company C-Mark (http://www.cmarkcorp.com/portfolio.html) works for Ericsson, or if Ericsson works for them? The past few days I've seen trucks with C-Mark's name on the side and they're working on the tower near my house. According to Florida's network vision site map here's the tower info:

MI13XC249

27.078340389409764, -80.1436057292412,

8137-8213 SE Pettway St, Hobe Sound, FL 33455, USA

Sprint Market: Orlando

OEM: Ericsson

I was just curious if they're getting things ready for Network Vision. They don't seem to be on the actual tower, but working down bellow on the equipment. Also I have seen people hanging from towers a bit north in Port St Lucie Florida but I can't confirm if it was a Sprint tower or not. I was in heavy traffic and saw them out of the corner of my eye.

Does anyone know if the company C-Mark (http://www.cmarkcorp.com/portfolio.html) works for Ericsson' date=' or if Ericsson works for them? The past few days I've seen trucks with C-Mark's name on the side and they're working on the tower near my house. According to Florida's network vision site map here's the tower info:

MI13XC249

27.078340389409764, -80.1436057292412,

8137-8213 SE Pettway St, Hobe Sound, FL 33455, USA

Sprint Market: Orlando

OEM: Ericsson

I was just curious if they're getting things ready for Network Vision. They don't seem to be on the actual tower, but working down bellow on the equipment. Also I have seen people hanging from towers a bit north in Port St Lucie Florida but I can't confirm if it was a Sprint tower or not. I was in heavy traffic and saw them out of the corner of my eye.[/quote']

I've not heard of that subcontractor specifically. But Ericsson has many. So it's plausible. We do have maps in our Sponsor section that shows all the Sprint sites in the country. You can check on those.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner