Is it typical for a deploying area to loose 3G ?

Yes! Loose the dogs of war, EV-DO, and LTE.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Yes! Loose the dogs of war, EV-DO, and LTE.

;)

AJ

At least the tower by the Branch Jail puts out 1.7-2.5 down constantly. Definite LTE here with sensorly. Nice to see sprint getting it done here, even with the angry birds :)

• Like 1

Would but the old police station is next to it and they still use the gas pumps behind it, plus the tower is covered in PTZ cameras, i've seen one follow me when I walked around the parking lot. They do have it quite watched..

I think the birds know it. Probably the safest place to nest on the Volusia Coast.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

Would but the old police station is next to it and they still use the gas pumps behind it, plus the tower is covered in PTZ cameras, i've seen one follow me when I walked around the parking lot. They do have it quite watched..

I think the birds know it. Probably the safest place to nest on the Volusia Coast.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

For years the birds learned that Sprint towers were the safest place to go to avoid human contact. :D

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 2

According to the (phone) maps this is in the Orlando area, although for everything else this is in the Tampa Bay area? I figured i would post this here as well..

"Did a 3 mile walk and map today in Circle B Bar Reserve today. Its kinda week but its there. Speed tests came in at Avg 5+ down and 1.5 up. Not the best but way better than it was before. its nice to see."

When it comes to the the area from Ormond Beach to Port Orange, where exactly are the Sprint towers located. I've done several tower searches online, but none of the towers are owned by Sprint. There all owned by other companies  So Where exactly are the Sprint towers?

I doubt you will find many towers owned by the actual carriers anymore these days, the ones owned by a specific carrier end up being monopole and only have that carrier(at least the only ones here in port orange are AT&T), sprint in most areas lease space off towers owned by companies like Crown Castle or American Tower..

But if you are talking about current upgrades and future n.v. scheduled towers; you'd have to be a sponsor.. 

I have to say, as I drove out to UCF I picked up some good LTE, particularly on colonial drive near the DMV (13Mbps Up, 6 Down), but as I got into 105-110 dbm signal strength, I can't even break 1Mbps down, and this is after updating Profile/PRL and rebooting even. Is the LTE at Waterford this bad for everyone else?

Edit: Apparently it can get much worse. I'm now getting LTE speeds that are sub 100kbps. Hopefully they're just doing tower work or something, because wow.

I usually cant get any LTE south of 50 on Alafaya. It seems to end right at the Bahama Breeze.

Gotcha, it's definitely LTE in name only here at Waterford. The tower on Colonial clearly wasn't meant to cover Waterford fully or has a lot of work ahead of it.

Gotcha, it's definitely LTE in name only here at Waterford. The tower on Colonial clearly wasn't meant to cover Waterford fully or has a lot of work ahead of it.

That's for sure. I am on the 3rd floor of my apartment building and can't get service right across from waterford town center......

I had to lose my jailbreak, so I can't approximate tower locations anymore :(

But, driving down Colonial from Econlockhatchee to Lake Pickett Rd, I kept 2-3 bars on LTE the entire time, with being at full bars from Dean to Alafaya.

Also I got 2 bars on LTE out on my porch for the first time, but it went back to 3G again lol what a tease. Good to have this pace back up and running again.

Yesterday since I live in Port Orange and found myself on beachside in Ormond I decided to map A1A from Ormond Beach (Granada Ave) to Ponce Inlet Point Park. For much of my mapping journey I was able to get LTE, but as soon as I went south of Dunlawton Ave & A1A that LTE signal ended. Hopefully my mapping efforts are all ready showing up on Sensorly.

• Like 1

Currently getting up to 9mbps download & 3mbps upload with 4 bars on LTE at Colonial Dr. & Avalon Park Blvd. First time getting good LTE coverage on that side of Avalon Park.

That tower has 4g now. Before it was just the tower in front of timber creek high.

I'm pretty new to what's going on; what's the best summary that you guys can give for what's currently happening in Orlando, particularly the east/UCF side? I'm about to get a 4g LTE enabled device, and I was wondering what info you guys could give me.

What's the connection quality? Hold ups? When is a likely announcement date for deployment?

Thanks guys, I love this site! 

Edited by mclaren700

I'm pretty new to what's going on; what's the best summary that you guys can give for what's currently happening in Orlando, particularly the east/UCF side? I'm about to get a 4g LTE enabled device, and I was wondering what info you guys could give me.

What's the connection quality? Hold ups? When is a likely announcement date for deployment?

Considering I live fairly close to there near the waterford town center, the data speed on this side of town is literally at a crawl in most places. Good news is that it shows they they have been doing upgrades around the towers in that area, including the one located near the campus. I was near that area today and had full bars, but my data connection was no more than .30 mb download...

Hopefully they will have these towers up and running full time in the next month or so. I wonder if anyone has any information of the status.

OR27XC012 28.55111220751747, -81.47082825659518,

616 North Hart Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32818, USA

This tower is live on Colonial right near Hiawassee. The sprint rack must be fairly low to the ground, as the range heading north down Apopka Vineland seems fairly weak. Surprised it hasn't ended up on any acceptance reports yet.

Considering I live fairly close to there near the waterford town center, the data speed on this side of town is literally at a crawl in most places. Good news is that it shows they they have been doing upgrades around the towers in that area, including the one located near the campus. I was near that area today and had full bars, but my data connection was no more than .30 mb download...

Hopefully they will have these towers up and running full time in the next month or so. I wonder if anyone has any information of the status.

Become a Sponsor and you'll learn a lot. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Check out Sensory to get a little idea http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=413 N Alafaya Trail Orlando, FL 32828

• Like 1