What is eHRPD?

Yes, eHRPD is a good indication that LTE is on the way in the near future.

No, it does not mean LTE is coming in the near future. It is coming, but it could be another year, maybe more. I have been on ehrpd for over a year and just saw the first sites lit up in September, and still, less than 10% of my market. It's just a software upgrade, and doesn't indicate active work.

We are nearing the point of NV where everything is "near future", but don't think that means a few weeks, could easily still be many more months.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

And god said....let there be eHRPD.....

I've had it constantly since I've had my phone...now if only my LTE will stay connected... <_<

• Like 1

Looks like someone is on Santa's naughty list. Only good subscribers are allowed to keep eHRPD.

Yes, only the good subs get the eHERPIES.  And then they die young -- because only the good die young.

AJ

• Like 1

At least that means we don't have to worry about upcoming phone teasers going away.  :P

Are you suggesting that I am not good, not young, or both?

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any correlation between eHRPD and a site being 3G accepted?

None. Sprint deployed eHRPD on all remaining legacy sites that could run it in the first half of 2013. So most legacy sites are running eHRPD now.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...

We had the same thing happen here in New Mexico this morning. This is common for eHRPD to come and go after it shows up in markets.

Oops found my phone.

Robert

Edited by awagner420

• 2 months later...

I have a question that hopefully someone can help me with.

I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in the Harrisburg PA (Shentel) area.  When I am in an area that has poor 4G LTE coverage, my phone has been falling back to EV-DO instead of eHRPD. 

I checked in the DATA screen and found that eHRPD is indeed enabled.  I then checked in the DEBUG screen and looked under eHRPD.  I found that is lists "APN:  Need to fix".

I performed a hands free activation on the device to re-aquire what I thought it may need or be missing, but no change. 

Does anyone know why it would list the APN error and why I am falling back to EV-DO instead of eHRPD?

Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know why it would list the APN error and why I am falling back to EV-DO instead of eHRPD?

That is not an error.  It is just the same Samsung "enginerring" for everyone.

AJ

That is not an error.  It is just the same Samsung "enginerring" for everyone.

AJ

Thank you for that AJ.  Any idea though why I fall back to EV-DO instead of eHRPD?

Thank you for that AJ.  Any idea though why I fall back to EV-DO instead of eHRPD?

It happens. If for whatever reason your handset cannot tunnel through to the 4G core, it gets EV-DO.

AJ

It happens. If for whatever reason your handset cannot tunnel through to the 4G core, it gets EV-DO.

AJ

Thanks for the help AJ!

My LG G2 will acquire eHRPD and 1x800 whereas my GN3 will use 1xRTT and EV-DO. Perhaps it is because of the weaker RF performance of the G2