EVO voicemail

ryry4ya

Has anyone got an update for there voicemail app ? it seems that it notifies me and when I go to download it it says there's a problem retry ...over and over . anyone else have this issue ?

mobile EVO

I remember the wife's EVO getting a voicemail update a few days ago, and it went through fine.

You have enough memory available for the update?

I know it's not any help to you, but mine updated just fine a couple of days ago. The only real difference I've noted so far is that it has a different icon (no more yellow background). I'm not a heavy voicemail user so I'm sure there's some other stuff they changed as well.

I haven't used the stock voicemail on any phone since I started using Google Voice. I don't do the Sprint integration though. I just use it for the voicemail and for custom greeting messages for particular users or groups of users. I've never had a problem with it. I also have every voicemail sent to me via email so I always have a backup copy.

Question...is the voicemail on the new EVO the Visual Voicemail?

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"

Yes, it's just a newer version of the older visual voicemail as seen on the EVO, EVO 3D LTE, etc... Same app made and updated by the same people but it's horrid. Read my link for screenshots and more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I mention it...

I actually download the Voicemail update a few weeks ago. While the white theme is kind of strange, I do not to seem to be having any problems.

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"

Because I use Google Voice at home as my home phone line with the Obi adapter (been using it for a while now..saving $$) I guess I could sign up for another Google account.

Actually switching from Vonage and considering this route. Sounds like porting away will be a pain in the foot though.

One thing about this voicemail is I noticed my vmail app took quite a while to pull my voicemail as it said it couldn't retrieve my voicemails. So I hit retry, then a few minutes later I looked and there was my voicemail. But the background was black again! WOOHOO!! It downgraded it self. Very weird.

One thing about this voicemail is I noticed my vmail app took quite a while to pull my voicemail as it said it couldn't retrieve my voicemails. So I hit retry, then a few minutes later I looked and there was my voicemail. But the background was black again! WOOHOO!! It downgraded it self. Very weird.

Was everything back the way it was or had they just changed the colors to white? Are all the stupid buttons to subscribe to the $ advanced voice mail still everywhere? I just want to know if they inverted it or put you back on an older version (or newer) of vm. Thanks digi. :)