Apple trying to spoil our Galaxy Nexus fun...

pyroscott

Apple has filed an injunction against Samsung to stop US sales of the Galaxy nexus on the basis that the GN violates the following patents held by apple:

1. the “data tapping” patent based on which the ITC ordered an import ban against HTC
  2. a patent related to Siri and unified search, which must be of huge concern to Google with a view to its core business
  3. a new slide-to-unlock patent that even had the head of the Taiwanese government profoundly worried
  4. a word completion patent that provides major speed improvements for touchscreen text entry

Sprint better hurry up and release the Nexus because I want one before it gets banned!

http://phandroid.com/2012/02/11/apple-at-it-again-file-injunction-request-against-galaxy-nexus/

It would be a darn shame if Apple ends up blocking Sprint's first LTE device from market.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

A darn shame is a g rated version of what I feel about it...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

:rofl: You know I'm beyond pissed if you ever see my posts go beyond a G rating. But it does happen occasionally.

I can't imagine such frivolous lawsuits actually making enough headway to result in an import ban...

I hope you're right. :fingers:

fact that they were awarded that freaking slide unlock patent not even a year ago is a crime in itself...

Also knowing that a Dutch court has already ruled that particular patent invalid has to be promising at the least bit for that portion..

http://9to5mac.com/2...nlock-patented/

also in this article i found it funny someone took the time to list a TON of other very similar patents dealing with gestures on screens. lol

http://www.zdnet.com...-to-unlock/5199

*As for the one against HTC I remember HTC commenting on that one saying that it was a simple fix for them to go around it and it was not a big issue. That patent they have till April 19th to fix anyway I'm pretty sure.

fact that they were awarded that freaking slide unlock patent not even a year ago is a crime in itself...
And apple is trying to get a patent on face unlock, which is only available on Android 4.0 right now. I guess if they get that patent, we know that apple has someone in their pocket.

And apple is trying to get a patent on face unlock, which is only available on Android 4.0 right now. I guess if they get that patent, we know that apple has someone in their pocket.

yeah they the stuff i added to my post shows they actually applied for the slide unlock a year before the iphone even came out. BUT also mentioned in that article a particular Dutch court ruled it invalid b/c this other phone had the feature out before that patent was even filed...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. New to the forums. I just want to add I'm

hoping Google was smart enough to put that patent on lock.

By now everyone should know how famous Apple has become for using others ideas & claiming it as their own.

Sent from my rooted WHITE SGSIIE4GT via TapaTalk

• Like 1

Hello. New to the forums. I just want to add I'm

hoping Google was smart enough to put that patent on lock.

By now everyone should know how famous Apple has become for using others ideas & claiming it as their own.

Sent from my rooted WHITE SGSIIE4GT via TapaTalk

Welcome to the forums! I haven't seen anything about Google applying for a patent, but I hope they do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There was a article somewhere that showed the US Patent office having a major display exhibition on Apple. Adds more fuel to the fire of people that claim the US patent office is bias. In one of the exhibits it showed Apple patenting a staircase.

TS

• Like 2

There was a article somewhere that showed the US Patent office having a major display exhibition on Apple. Adds more fuel to the fire of people that claim the US patent office is bias. In one of the exhibits it showed Apple patenting a staircase.

TS

Just once I'd like to see a patent denied.....just once

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This site makes me sick to my stomach. :puke: Now the iPad is classified as a TV, :wall:

Anyway the article about the US patent showcasing / doing an exhibit on Apple is here.

Just once I'd like to see a patent denied.....just once

TS looks in side his bag of stuff and pulls this out.

But i think that's the only one.

TS

• Like 2

This site makes me sick to my stomach. :puke: Now the iPad is classified as a TV, :wall:

Anyway the article about the US patent showcasing / doing an exhibit on Apple is here.

TS looks in side his bag of stuff and pulls this out.

But i think that's the only one.

TS

haha nice 1/gazillion times fails. lol

• Like 2