Network Vision/LTE - Richmond & Southern Virginia Markets

darrellbooker

No problem, I live in the East End, work in the West End and travel all over town and out. 3G is good in places and crappy in others, missed calls happen pending which tower your on. 3G load times are sometimes unbareable. NV rollout is fixing a lot of those issues, I have used the new NV towers in Williamsburg down to Norfolk and once in Harrisonburg all better and acceptable. Be patient they expect by end of summer for all of Richmond to be done from what I heard. It will be even better when iDEN shuts down and they starting using that spectrum, good building penetration and less dropped calls.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in the Glen Allen area getting full LTE connection! Can't tell you if it's a test or it's settled but it is up!

Short pump, mountain road area, or VCC -  Glen Allen?  Would you mine mapping it on sensorly? It's been showing up on sensorly near  VCC mall, and mountain road,  but short pump would be pretty awesome as well! 

I can confirm the LTE up near Ashland...

I was sitting at Chili's across from VCC with a friend and saw the magic words "Sprint LTE" and started freaking out.  I actually screenshotted it.

Signal strength was virtually nothing, but from what others have said, the fact the signal strength got to VCC was interesting...it gives me hope that Sprint might actually be doing right by its Richmond customers...because I am currently the laughing stock of all my Verizon buddies. 

I am afraid that this Richmond LTE thing is just a blip in the radar. Does anyone remember maybe 2years ago, spotty-coverage Sprint 4G suddenly hit the short pump area for a few months, then disappeared as fast as it was rolled out?  What assurances do you guys have that that will not happen again this time?

Anyway...hoping for the best...

I expanded the Sensorly map a bit around VCC mall, Brook and Parham, and Broad and 295 this week. :-) Unfortunately, I couldn't dottle in the area, but i was surprised how wide it was already. Hopefully, by Christmas it will be near the airport!

• Like 1

To clarify, Sprint HTC, Motorola and Samsung phones do not show LTE signal strength in bars. They always show the 1x voice signal strength. However, iOS and LG devices do show LTE signal strength. More about that here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the update lists have not had any Richmond updates for over a week now.  The weather has been ok this week so I hope some new ones start to pop up. 

Out in Goochland, along I64 west of Oilville but east of Gum Spring, I get 4G LTE all the way from about Perkinsville Rd to maybe about a half mile short of the Gum Spring exit. Nice to  see it on out there, I am hoping it goes live all up and down I64.  Saw on the Sprint website that they had a data speed upgrade at Hadensville exit , but it was still 3G when I drove past en route to Ferncliff last night.

It will be nice if they get it at the Hadensville exit especially so when I go to the Goochland drive in theater,  I can surf while waiitng for the movie ;)

Edited by vobguy