OTA coming for EVO next few days...

Crimson01

The loop in nebraska (norfolk) is 1x

I wonder if the ever finished Mississippi. I know they did Baton Rouge in summer 2010 at least they let us use Alltel 850 evdo natively for several years before this which was smoking fast and worked great. It was a sad day when it was removed from us. And lake Charles was early 2011.. Even Cricket had EVDO before Sprint did there. I am glad to see their NV plan is more aggressive than their EVDO one was.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

If this guy is to be believed, the update will be available 8/22. (Wednesday)

http://forums.androi...ing-8-22-a.html

Evo 4G LTE software update coming next week

Customer Initiated: 8/22/12, Available via Network Push: 8/28/12

Enhancements/Fixes:

-Browser randomly closes from bookmarks

-Minor Bluetooth fix

-Latest version of Google Wallet

-LTE scanning improvement

• Like 2

Why do people think updates come out as soon as they wake up. 2 it is a search for update in which you have to tell your phone to look for it starting today, and 1 week later it will be pushed out to all.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Why do people think updates come out as soon as they wake up. 2 it is a search for update in which you have to tell your phone to look for it starting today, and 1 week later it will be pushed out to all.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm assuming this was directed at my comment... Clearly I know to check for the update manually. Thanks for your concern though.

• Like 1

With the GS3 LG8 update, I was not able to manually or automatically able to get the update for almost 2 weeks. I could have downloaded it from a third party and applied it, but I was curious to see how long it would take.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

There is still more day left!!! If as usual, it will be at 11:59:59, just like when a software company says it will be release in Q1, it is the last day of Q1.

Well on a side note htc released the source code for 1.13 right after the 1.22 ota was released. It looks like htc finally released the source code for the current 1.22 software so hopefully thats a sign that the next ota is right around the corner.

http://htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads

• Like 2

There is still more day left!!! If as usual, it will be at 11:59:59, just like when a software company says it will be release in Q1, it is the last day of Q1.

Q1??? of what?

Well on a side note htc released the source code for 1.13 right after the 1.22 ota was released. It looks like htc finally released the source code for the current 1.22 software so hopefully thats a sign that the next ota is right around the corner.

http://htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads

Good catch!

Did sprint ever officially say it was coming that day?

Not that I know of but that has never stopped Rampant Speculation. He is usually followed by his cousin Profound Disappointment.

• Like 2

FYI to you EVO 4G LTE users, I noticed this comment today on the sprint.com forum from a Sprint tech.

I think this might be the most public acknowledgement from Sprint that there is a "known issue" with the device connecting to LTE and that there will be an OTA fix.

They just put an LTE repeater in our building last week for testing and in order to get it to connect to any of our phones, we had to reset the network settings through a specific ## code. I'm not saying it should have to be the same for live sites, but in the small % of users who are unable to connect to 4G LTE in an LTE market, it may be required in order to resolve the issue. CHIPnKC - I'd be happy to send you the instructions specific to your phone if you'd like to private message me with your Sprint number.

Also - If you are using the HTC Evo 4G LTE, there is currently a known issue with some devices not being able to discover the LTE signal. Both Sprint and HTC are working on refining the signal discover and acquisition process on the phone and will be addressed through a maintenance release.

BTW, I don't know what dialer code he is talking about to get certain devices to connect. I know that at least on the GS3 the ##DATA# menu tree with MSL code can force the phone to LTE-only, but this workaround borks it for voice and texting via 1x. (Note that this part of the tech's comment was not directed specifically at any device.)

As always take the comments from the tech as a rumor.

Yes, but in this case, the venue is much different than some one-on-one contact between a tech and a single customer. The comment came under the imprimatur of the tech's Sprint logo avatar, and it came in a stickied thread on sprint.com that was started by a Sprint admin expressly as a reaction to the firestorm over the early LTE rollout. Such a forum format, for example, is how they announce official OTA releases. So this was more like an on-the-record public announcement.

• Like 1

I am just jaded I guess.. I have had Sprint folks on there also tell you some crazy things almost as bad as the ones on the phone. So I take everything from them as rumors unless it is an official document.

Hell, I will take AJs and Roberts word over a Sprint rep any day :)

• Like 1

In my experience dealing with carriers -- about whom I am just as cynically jaded as anyone is -- the act of admitting in writing in their own public space that some problem is a "known issue" is significant. The use of that term of art can trigger more business concessions, especially if the customer has any leverage at all. (Two years ago, for example, there was a "known issue" with 3G upload speeds on the new Epic 4G, and Sprint extended my 14-day trial until two weeks after whatever time they released a fix so I could confirm that it worked. The fix was released shortly.)

Up until the point of saying "there is a known issue," no matter how unquestionably and widely established any problem really is on all the user forums, the reps' script always call for them to say, "This is the first report I have ever heard of that issue, sir." Because in their alternate vocabulary, an issue is not a "known issue" until management officially decides it is "known." And management doesn't do that until there is a solution in the works.

BTW, I note that one thing Sprint's thread did not say was when this OTA fix will be released.

• Like 1