Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

May and Memorial. They just did tower work. I didnt think that Ericson had ecsfb issues. I can connect to the tower behind Sams at Penn and Memorial and scp indicates that is b26

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sounds like an ecsfb issue. Though I didn't think our market had any such issues. What is the closest cross street to your work location?

May and Memorial. They just did tower work. I didnt think that Ericson had ecsfb issues. I can connect to the tower behind Sams at Penn and Memorial and scp indicates that is b26

Ericsson does have CSFB issues when they switch technologies. For example, when LTE is first added, there seem to be CSFB issues for a few days. And recently, as they've been adding Band 26 they seem to be having CSFB issues again. B26 was added to sites here and now I'm getting kicked off LTE a lot thanks to the CSFB issues. It should get fixed within a week, if not sooner.

Thanks. I thought about taking my old s3 to work to see if it shows an lte signal but I don't know if it will help since it isn't activated

Are you connecting to tower 48387 (xDB03)?

Are you connecting to tower 48387 (xDB03)?

I can check Scp tomorrow. The tower is on John Kirkpatrick turnpike. I used to connect to the one at 122nd and may. I am not sure about your ID but the sponsors map tower ends in xc314

The one I listed is at 122nd and May. It's the one I most often connect to from my house.

I can check Scp tomorrow. The tower is on John Kirkpatrick turnpike. I used to connect to the one at 122nd and may. I am not sure about your ID but the sponsors map tower ends in xc314

The one I listed is at 122nd and May. It's the one I most often connect to from my house.

Until Thursday of last week, I was always on that one. Once the turnpike was upgraded, I can only connect there. SCP now says I am at 17201 n Rockwell which I don't think is on the map. I live just north of Covell at Council. Are u having issues on the may tower?

I'm still using an svlte handset, my S5 is on order and should be here this week. I have noticed the tower briefly going off line from time to time with my phone briefly showing no 1x service. The signal also seems weaker since it got 3g accepted. Hopefully some optimization will take care of that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm still using an svlte handset, my S5 is on order and should be here this week. I have noticed the tower briefly going off line from time to time with my phone briefly showing no 1x service. The signal also seems weaker since it got 3g accepted. Hopefully some optimization will take care of that.

Thank you.  I noticed it a while back on another tower around here when my S3 wouldn't connect at all.  Hopefully in the next few weeks all these towers will be fixed and it will be back to normal.  The weaker signal may explain why I am connecting to a different tower now. 

Well I got my S5 in, most of the day while I was at work I was stuck on 3g. After getting home and updating the profile and such I'm sitting on band 26 LTE at home. So far it is about 10db better than band 25 on my S4 though speeds are similar. Now I can't wait for band 41 to get here. Since we never got wimax and are an ericsson market it will be a fresh NSN 8x8 deployment :-)

Screenshot_2014-05-27-21-45-111.png

• Like 2

I'm having ecsfb issues in most of the places I have gone so far, the tower that serves my house is the only one so far that has ecsfb working with band 26. I'm going to disable band 26 for now until ericsson gets their head out of their butt. Something else I've noticed since band 26 went live is that band 25 reception has gotten slightly worse by 3-6bd.

• Like 1

I'm having ecsfb issues in most of the places I have gone so far, the tower that serves my house is the only one so far that has ecsfb working with band 26. I'm going to disable band 26 for now until ericsson gets their head out of their butt. Something else I've noticed since band 26 went live is that band 25 reception has gotten slightly worse by 3-6bd.

I am still having issues as well.  At work, LTE is intermittent.  I assume that isn't an ECSFB issue as I was under the impression that I would not have LTE at all if they couldn't hand off.   

I would love to have LTE where I did prior to this.  I had it at home and at work all the time.  Hopefully they do get this straightened out. 

You'll need your Msl. I got mine by using Msl utility from xda. From the phone dialer dial ##3282# select edit, lte, deselect band 26, then restart your phone.

When looking at the sponsor maps, it seems like Sprint doesn't have very many towers in the OKC metro compared to other areas like Houston or Dallas. Why is this? Are they planning on adding more sites to fill coverage gaps, or do they expect band 41 to fix this? Perhaps the sponsor maps don't show every site, but that seems unlikely.

On a more positive note, I'm running into band 26 all over Norman! :)

• Like 1

When looking at the sponsor maps, it seems like Sprint doesn't have very many towers in the OKC metro compared to other areas like Houston or Dallas. Why is this? Are they planning on adding more sites to fill coverage gaps, or do they expect band 41 to fix this? Perhaps the sponsor maps don't show every site, but that seems unlikely.

On a more positive note, I'm running into band 26 all over Norman! :)

Sprint needs more cell density there for band 41, even with 8T8R Nokia Networks radios that push out B41 to similar distances as PCS signals.

Sprint needs more cell density there for band 41, even with 8T8R Nokia Networks radios that push out B41 to similar distances as PCS signals.

Wait, I was under the impression that band 41 travels a long distance but has poor material penetration. Is this incorrect?

The higher the frequency the greater the attenuation either through propagation or physical obstruction. Unless Sprint adds a ton of sites in out market LTE coverage will continue to be swiss cheese. Sadly band 26 is not turning out to be the panacea I had hoped for. I'm still holding out hope that network optimization will improve things, but that hope dwindles with each passing day.

• Like 1

When looking at the sponsor maps, it seems like Sprint doesn't have very many towers in the OKC metro compared to other areas like Houston or Dallas. Why is this?

Some of that is market share driven.  AT&T owns the Oklahoma City market.  The other three operators are just fighting for the scraps.  And fewer subs means fewer sites needed for capacity.

AJ

Unfortunately our sites are spaced for bare minimum coverage with CDMAOne with very little extra overlap to accomodate for technologies that don't have low orders of modulation and a generous spreading gain. In a way all of the technological advantages of CDMA over narrow band 2G technologies are coming back to bite us in the ass. All the former TDMA based opperators had to space their towers much closer together for coverage and capacity which now aligns very closely with the spacing needs of LTE.

• Like 1

Some of that is market share driven. AT&T owns the Oklahoma City market. The other three operators are just fighting for the scraps. And fewer subs means fewer sites needed for capacity.

AJ

The sad thing is that here AT&T just does not have the quality to justify their market share. Their voice quality is garbage, they are running a 5x5mhz lte deployment just like Sprint, and yet people keep flocking to them because they have "more bars". If price is no object Verizon is really the one to have here, they have 800/1900mhz CDMA 1x and evdo, 750/aws lte, and the fewest subscribers on their network of the big 4. The only downsides are the price and mediocre voice quality(it's still better than the garbage voice of at&t though).