Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

Is there anymore information on when OKC could begin work on LTE and an educated guess on when it might go live? Any information no matter how small would be appreciated. We were one of the skipped over places for WIMAX. Average speeds here are about 300kbps on Rev A.

Everyone here but Sprint has 4G of some kind. at&t and Verizon have LTE and TMO has HSPA+42Mbps but Sprint is my carrier of choice.

I could use a little hope and some information that might help me decide if I want to stick it out.

Edited by Serious

I saw that a while back. It just seems up in the air. Was hoping for something new.

We are still early in round 1. If Oklahoma moves up into the end of the second round, it will still be a while before anything starts.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

• 1 month later...
I was thinking we would have lte in Oklahoma by the summer of 2013. Do you guys think that is a good possibility?

Likely a partial launch a little sooner than that. But I think thats a good window for the Oklahoma market.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I'd like to be on the lookout for Sprint LTE work. What are the tell tale signs of LTE installation?

I've rummaged around here and elsewhere on the net a bit but still unsure.

Got some info/links handy?

Last year I personally jumped ship and have been rocking Verizon LTE in OKC on my HTC Rezound, no regrets there, but still have 5 other Sprint phones on my account. Bought a Motorola Photon Q for the GF so she's ready for some high speed data, and #1 son is eligible for an upgrade tomorrow.

new antennas are the most obvious.

As far as NV in oklahoma goes, I really don't think we'll be getting it for a while as NV completion is pretty far behind in most markets. They will need to really step up the pace for us to see any NV in 2013 let alone 2012.

The upside is, Sprint appears to be upgrading their back haul on legacy sites here in Tulsa and probably in okc. I still see some sites with below 400k 3G speeds but now there are just as many or more that spit out 1500k+ 3G speeds.

sent from my 3VO from another EVO

new antennas are the most obvious.

As far as NV in oklahoma goes, I really don't think we'll be getting it for a while as NV completion is pretty far behind in most markets. They will need to really step up the pace for us to see any NV in 2013 let alone 2012.

The upside is, Sprint appears to be upgrading their back haul on legacy sites here in Tulsa and probably in okc. I still see some sites with below 400k 3G speeds but now there are just as many or more that spit out 1500k+ 3G speeds.

sent from my 3VO from another EVO

Yes, new antennas would be what to look for.

The trick is properly identifying the new Sprint LTE installations and differentiating them from Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile/etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Heck yeah! After hearing about Joplin and this I'm a little excited!

I just bought a Galaxy S III so I don't know how long we've had it but here is a roam control screen cap. It flips around from ehrpd to evdo, mostly staying on evdo. I guess some sites are updated while others are not. I had to toggle roam control a couple times to get it.

gevy8ype.jpg

saduvaja.jpg

LTE must be coming......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III Epic 4G Touch II

• Like 1

Anyone know if you can see if your on EHRPD on an EVO 4G (original one). Im not sure if the EHRPD is only on LTE phones, I think it helps switching to/from/between LTE connections, or at least thats one of the things it does.

Anyone know if you can see if your on EHRPD on an EVO 4G (original one). Im not sure if the EHRPD is only on LTE phones, I think it helps switching to/from/between LTE connections, or at least thats one of the things it does.

Only LTE devices can detect and use it.

• Like 1

How did you get to that screen?

Sent from Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean

I believe there are other free ways to see it but I used Roam control.

*#*#info#*#* or ##info## may have it under phone information

A free app "not Roam Control" is a free version of roam control that will display that screen.

Heck yeah! After hearing about Joplin and this I'm a little excited!

I just bought a Galaxy S III so I don't know how long we've had it but here is a roam control screen cap. It flips around from ehrpd to evdo, mostly staying on evdo. I guess some sites are updated while others are not. I had to toggle roam control a couple times to get it.

gevy8ype.jpg

saduvaja.jpg

LTE must be coming......

Just an FYI... Roam Control kinda bootlegged the way it has to work on the S3. They issue a command that basically tells the phone to only use the 850 band. Since there isn't any Sprint 850 it goes to roam.

• Like 1

Just an FYI... Roam Control kinda bootlegged the way it has to work on the S3. They issue a command that basically tells the phone to only use the 850 band. Since there isn't any Sprint 850 it goes to roam.

Thanks for the heads up.

aba3ama4.jpg

This came from my home cell site that used to only give me 200~300 kbps. I think sprint must be installing new backhaul in tulsa because I've been getting 1000kbps+ 3G speeds as the norm rather than exception ever since I bought my SGS 3.

2 klatapaT gnisu III S yxalaG gnusmaS ym morf tnes

Finally seeing it here in Midwest City. Last week on S3 I never got it so this morning tried it on Note 2. Consistent 2.3 down. a2eze6uv.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Richmc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...