S3 google wallet fix

AJC1973

Samsung has ported a fix... go settings/system update/update Samsung software. Let it install/restart will say update complete. Go to Google wallet... all good

Debating about getting a Google prepaid card but even though my MasterCard isn't with CitI bank it should still work

Debating about getting a Google prepaid card but even though my MasterCard isn't with CitI bank it should still work

Let me know if your MC ca be associated with the system. I would be surprised if it's able to be.

As for the Google Prepaid Card, you don't have anything to lose...Google gives you $10 to start out on it!

I loaded up another $20 on the card today; I can figure out how to spend that in the next few months, and using NFC to make payments is fun :)

Remember, always reset Google wallet from inside the app to avoid bricking your secured portion of the NFC chip if you're going to factory reset or flash a new Rom. Clearing data from Titanium Backup or Settings WILL NOT prevent bricking. Only from within the app. If you never set up Wallet, you don't have to worry.

I used mine for the first time today at CVS. The cashier was looking at me very funny LOL. Transaction went thru but did tell me unspported device because I am rooted.

• Like 1

I used mine for the first time today at CVS. The cashier was looking at me very funny LOL. Transaction went thru but did tell me unspported device because I am rooted.

Don't worry about that message. I know the folks on the EVO forums pulled that message and fixed the wallet so it works again.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Hmm, since GWallet still works when the phone is rooted (despite the fact that it's "not supported"), it makes me that much more likely to pop a new ROM onto my device. Though that probably won't happen until after I get back from LTE-land (DFW, followed by the San Antonio market).

Just got GS3 today and Google Wallet won't open. Says its not supported. :angry: Updated and forced closed and still won't work.

UPDATE: Chatted with Sprint online CS, and they "refreshed" the device. And now it works fine! :tu:

Edited by hihater
  • Like 1