Yeah, every Sprint rep either lies to get you off their back or tells you 'you were silly to go with Sprint.. I don't even have that company even though I work for them'. :td:

But we're all still resting on a hope and belief they'll pull through for us aren't we? That's why we're still here!

Maybe next week, eh? :ninja:

All my speed tests show "ehrpd" as the network now... Does that mean LTE soon?

The quote below should answer your question.

Not necessarily. eHRPD needs to be deployed before LTE gets deployed. However, sometimes it is deployed over a year in advance, as it is a relatively simple upgrade to the existing network.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Well after waiting in line for 4hours i was unable to get a iphone the sprint store in puente hills only had like 5 to sell... sprint almost gained another customer... looks like i will have to stay with Verizon till new shipments come in... wtf why hype up this launch only to have a couple phones on hand to sell.

This is the closest tower to my house. Its done with the upgrades since weeks. I saw Alcatel doing a really hard work for 2 days. Days ago I use to get almost 3mbps close to it and a really low PING and today I only got 1.45Mbps and high PINGS.And it went back to Evdo after 2 days giving ehrpd.And if you go away from it,the speeds are crazy low and really high PINGS.

post-4414-0-72032300-1348274111_thumb.jpg

This is the closest tower to my house. Its done with the upgrades since weeks. I saw Alcatel doing a really hard work for 2 days. Days ago I use to get almost 3mbps close to it and a really low PING and today I only got 1.45Mbps and high PINGS.And it went back to Evdo after 2 days giving ehrpd.And if you go away from it' date='the speeds are crazy low and really high PINGS.[/quote']

If the speed drops severely when you go away, then it is because you're device is switching to another site. Distance has very little impact on EVDO speeds.

• Like 1

Might be that..but i was right next to the tower and the speeds are much lower than days ago...and low speeds are all the way across LA...Its insane the speeds i got today in differents parts of Los Angeles' date='extremely slow.[/quote']

1.45Mbps are not slow EVDO speeds.

• Like 1

This is the closest tower to my house. Its done with the upgrades since weeks. I saw Alcatel doing a really hard work for 2 days. Days ago I use to get almost 3mbps close to it and a really low PING and today I only got 1.45Mbps and high PINGS.And it went back to Evdo after 2 days giving ehrpd.And if you go away from it,the speeds are crazy low and really high PINGS.

Isn't it odd that this tower has no legacy panels? During cutover it's simply offline?

yup..i know..thats right close to the tower..if u go away like two blocks...bye

If speed declines in two blocks, you either changed sectors on the tower to one that is overburdened or your phone has switched towers. It is all but impossible for you to be on the same site on the same channel and two blocks distance will have any difference in speed.

Isn't it odd that this tower has no legacy panels? During cutover it's simply offline?

There are some sites where there has to be a hot swap. However, these don't look like the AlcaLu NV panels I'm used to seeing. And I have not seen more than 2 NV panels per sector yet anywhere. 90% of the time there is just one per sector. I think this may be AT&T.

New Sprint customer of 1 day. The online coverage tool (which I probably shouldn't have trusted) told me I'd get the "best" service at my house. Try 1 bar of 1X. Sprint is sending me an Airave. I've never gotten coverage with Verizon, AT&T and now Sprint.

I did speedtests all over the Pasadena area today. Super slow. LTE is welcomed! :wacko:

Below is 3G btw:

RevSc.png