So the rep that told me LTE is going live in September is full of it? The LA area is not going to light up till December now?

We are talking about launch. LA will not launch in September. However, I think that some sites with start going live this month. They just probably will come and go until launch.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

We are talking about launch. LA will not launch in September. However, I think that some sites with start going live this month. They just probably will come and go until launch.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I hope they do this again. I remember Wimax was active in my area well before launch.

I was just down by Marina del Rey .... I enjoyed the fast sprint network I had there... along with the beautiful sun. :D

Here is a screen shot.. last two test were done there, then once I left, I was back to the slow network.ryhabaha.jpgavubenu8.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I was just down by Marina del Rey .... I enjoyed the fast sprint network I had there... along with the beautiful sun. :D

Here is a screen shot.. last two test were done there, then once I left, I was back to the slow network.

There are several completed NV sites in Marina del Rey. You probably were on completed sites. You can see them in the NV Sites Complete maps in the Sponsors section.

Robert

Here is a screen shot.. last two test were done there, then once I left, I was back to the slow network.ryhabaha.jpgavubenu8.jpg

It hurts right? I would stay down there as long as possible if i could get almost 2 mb/down in the south bay. :lol

the south bay is horrible speeds =( I get about0.3- 0.30 down on average... really can't wait for nv sites to go up here in Hawthorne' date=' Torrance , Gardena areas =( Cmon sprint make us happy![/quote']

In Gardena there is already 1 NV complete site right off the 110 just south of the 105. And the area was broadcasting eHRPD data the last time I was down there, and I had much better data speeds just with the eHRPD.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I've asked often and regularly. There is no official information on LTE release. If a rep told you something it was most likely their own personal opinon/guess and they just failed to point that out. In fact, it wouldn't be a surprise at all if that was an opinion partially based on what he/she learned on this forum.

hello robert, on your maps for members you have "LA Metro Sites Complete = 13%; Anticipated LTE Launch = October 2012

...Original Scheduled Completion = January 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = November 2012"

up until today the completion date was 2014 and now its November 2012. is that right or just mistype?

• Like 1

hello robert, on your maps for members you have "LA Metro Sites Complete = 13%; Anticipated LTE Launch = October 2012

...Original Scheduled Completion = January 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = November 2012"

up until today the completion date was 2014 and now its November 2012. is that right or just mistype?

That's a typo. It should be November 2013. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

The current production rate completion date is always variable depending on the current production rate. So you will always see this fluctuate. But not by that much! :lol:

This date is figured this way: If Sprint subcontractors continued to complete sites at the rate it has for the past 2-4 weeks, how long would it take to complete the market?

Since speed picked up a little in the LA Market, the date moved up to November 2013. If it slows down, the date will go further out. If it speeds up, then you will see this date move closer.

Robert

I am not 100% but I am inclined to say that the stretch of the 405 that goes over the hill (from the valley over tosanta monica) has a bit faster 3G as of a month or so ago. There is still a patch where data cuts out but I also think coverage got a little better. I didn't clock speeds or I would compare.

I am not 100% but I am inclined to say that the stretch of the 405 that goes over the hill (from the valley over tosanta monica) has a bit faster 3G as of a month or so ago. There is still a patch where data cuts out but I also think coverage got a little better. I didn't clock speeds or I would compare.

I was just down there the weekend before Labor Day weekend and my speeds were still suffering up the 405 and the data drops were really bad for me.

I was just down there the weekend before Labor Day weekend and my speeds were still suffering up the 405 and the data drops were really bad for me.

You said your phone was having heat issues right?

was it dropping it like it's hot? LMAO

...the stretch of the 405 that goes over the hill (from the valley over tosanta monica)...

Sepulveda Pass

AJ

was it dropping it like it's hot? LMAO

No, my phone worked better 3 weeks ago than it does now, lol. Funny, yet kinda stupid commercial.

Josh's Viper is going through menopause, having hot flashes.

AJ

That is a quickly aging phone. Apparently my GNex is a male because I just put it in a sporty new case...

Why must all my Android phones be defective and many other people have no problems?

Why must all my Android phones be defective and many other people have no problems?

One of the first thing I learned about smartphones: Never get a budget device.. you're going to be in contract for two years (typically).. you're better off paying just slightly more and getting a flagship phone. Typically the extra 50 to 100 dollars is night and day. And, 50 to 100 dollars over a 2 year contract aint much. Worth every penny, IMO.

Well, you did buy a LG after all...

True

One of the first thing I learned about smartphones: Never get a budget device.. you're going to be in contract for two years (typically).. you're better off paying just slightly more and getting a flagship phone. Typically the extra 50 to 100 dollars is night and day. And, 50 to 100 dollars over a 2 year contract aint much. Worth every penny, IMO.

Now you tell me, lol. I knew the whole paying $30.00 for this phone on contract must have been a gimmick, lol.

• Like 3

That is a quickly aging phone.

Phone years are like dog years: one human year equals roughly 40 phone years. That is why your phone is about ready to die after two years when you are eligible for an upgrade.

Plus, Josh hates vegetables. So, he feeds his phone lots of hormone laden meat, and that causes his phone to mature faster.

AJ

• Like 2