Probably not for a while with this new setback

http://www.radioresourcemag.com/Features/FeaturesDetails/FID/684

Uhh...how does this affect LA/OC county again? The article seems to relate along the IBEZ area which is around the san diego and southeast part of SB county.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Uhh...how does this affect LA/OC county again? The article seems to relate along the IBEZ area which is around the san diego and southeast part of SB county.

Oops didn't see OP's location and assumed IBEZ. You're correct this doesn't impact LA.

I think earliest I've heard for SBC rebranding completion is mid 2017. Don't quote me on that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oops didn't see OP's location and assumed IBEZ. You're correct this doesn't impact LA.

I think earliest I've heard for SBC rebranding completion is mid 2017. Don't quote me on that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The latest sprint and SB county agreement is that everything needs to be rebanded by end of Jan 2017 with no incentives. SB county already missed the boat on the june 2016 incentives.

The latest sprint and SB county agreement is that everything needs to be rebanded by end of Jan 2017 with no incentives. SB county already missed the boat on the june 2016 incentives.

It does seem like SBC has missed the first round of incentives, but there are other rounds before the no incentive deadline.

According to the FCC database, SBC has a ton of licenses in the 866-869 MHz range that expire either on 12/14/16 or 1/31/17.  Not sure if that really means anything.

On a side note it looks like Sprint is transferring its 800MHz licenses to a new Softbank subsidiary "SoftBank Group International GK" that sits between the head company "SoftBank Group Corp." and the 2 holding companies (Starburst & Galaxy) that make up the majority ownership of Sprint.  From the FCC doc: "As a result of reorganizing in a way that improves its value, SoftBank is better positioned to manage and invest in Sprint’s operations over the long term. "

On a side note it looks like Sprint is transferring its 800MHz licenses to a new Softbank subsidiary "SoftBank Group International GK" that sits between the head company "SoftBank Group Corp." and the 2 holding companies (Starburst & Galaxy) that make up the majority ownership of Sprint.  From the FCC doc: "As a result of reorganizing in a way that improves its value, SoftBank is better positioned to manage and invest in Sprint’s operations over the long term. "

What would be the purpose of that? Are they trying to separate all of the network assets from the core business so that it's easier to restructure?

What would be the purpose of that? Are they trying to separate all of the network assets from the core business so that it's easier to restructure?

There was a lot of speculation about that when this report first came out:

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-cfo-we-will-lease-some-spectrum-assets-via-spectrum-leaseco-within-next-several?curator=MediaREDEF

Sprint's 800 MHz assets weren't mentioned in that article, so it may be related or something entirely different.

I just happened to come across that info as I was searching the FCC database for anything about San Bernardino County.

Ok so I live in Lake Elsinore CA, and it's supposedly considered riverside county. So if sprint does get the 800mhz resolved with San Bernadino by Jan 2017, would I be in an area that would get the spectrum available when it's rolled out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on when Band 26 will be available finally in Southern California?

Not any time soon. I fully expect SB county to wait until the deadline before rebanding but who knows what happens if they dont meet their deadline yet again. The FCC has been way too lenient on SB county and needs to enforce very harsh penalties for not adhering to their agreements.

• Like 1

Ok so I live in Lake Elsinore CA, and it's supposedly considered riverside county. So if sprint does get the 800mhz resolved with San Bernadino by Jan 2017, would I be in an area that would get the spectrum available when it's rolled out ?

Yes it's basically all of Southern California

Hopefully by Oct, LA Metro/OC will start seeing 3xCA launches in the market because they desperately need the extra capacity since they are not able to deploy 800 MHz yet and I still can't figure out if LA Metro has started deploying a 2nd 5x5 PCS LTE. The deployment of massive small cell effort would really help. Sprint has improved a ton with NYC and Chicago but it seems LA Metro speeds remain pretty dismal overall and the rootmetrics prove that against the other 3 carriers.

Ya I agree. The LA/OC market needs to be improved greatly to remain competitive

Yes it's basically all of Southern California

Ive been told that San Diego is a separate issue since it's closer to the Mexican border. And that San Bernadino is for LA, OC and surrounding areas plus Vegas.

Ive been told that San Diego is a separate issue since it's closer to the Mexican border. And that San Bernadino is for LA, OC and surrounding areas plus Vegas.

Ya I thought so too but I just heard from a high up executive in sprint who told me that

Ya I thought so too but I just heard from a high up executive in sprint who told me that

Jesus. Did he say when it would get resolved ?

Jesus. Did he say when it would get resolved ?

No ETA but they are still working with Mexico to get the spectrum sorted out... Hopefully soon (fingers crossed) sucks I know

• Like 1

Ya I agree. The LA/OC market needs to be improved greatly to remain competitive

It is at this moment under heavy deployment for Nokia small cells of various types so that's going for ya. We're not getting any small cells til 2017 up here. 

It is at this moment under heavy deployment for Nokia small cells of various types so that's going for ya. We're not getting any small cells til 2017 up here.

Oh so cal is? Oh good ya hopefully soon and Ive also heard of simultaneous data/voice feature coming soon as well

• Like 1

It's both. It's an issue of lowest common denominator. San Diego County cannot proceed with 800 until SBCo is clear and Mexico. If Mexico should somehow resolve first (unlikely), then SBCo would hold it up until clear.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not a small cell. Colocated Clear Huawei gets cost effective boost with Nokia Flexi Zone "Mini-Macro" 2x20 W BTS

4efrbW1l.jpeg

Which part in the photo is the Nokia Flexi Zone "Mini-Macro" 2x20 W BTS?

Which part in the photo is the Nokia Flexi Zone "Mini-Macro" 2x20 W BTS?

Look near the middle left for the white unit. You can see a sliver of another unit on the right side also.

Which part in the photo is the Nokia Flexi Zone "Mini-Macro" 2x20 W BTS?

I'll be back for a cleaner shot. It's tough getting a drive by shot from the passenger seat on the freeway.

Look near the middle left for the white unit. You can see a sliver of another unit on the right side also.

Bingo. Only thing not spray painted.

Are they converting all clear wire sites to NV in SoCal to help close the 1.9 gaps we have ?

This is not that kind of conversion. This is swapping out the Huawei equipment with Nokia equipment as mandated by the government. The sites were already broadcasting B41, and still are broadcasting B41, however now with the capability to broadcast 2 carriers and 2xCA. 

• Like 1