It's why I had to leave them, same thing in the South Bay (San Jose). I just don't understand it. LA really just needs more sites, I don't think B26 will fix the problems, it will just end up overloaded.

PS. This isn't a bashing post, I want Sprint to be awesome because their plans offer good value and good competition is awesome. I just don't get how it's still so bad. 

I think service in San Jose is not bad at all unless you have a single band device because of some weak spots in downtown. I hope all the Clearwire sites get replaced soon and that should solve the problems.

That's really odd.  I think there's a site right across the street from that campus.

Not sure but I saw my iPhone is several parts of town going from LTE to 3G.

• 2 weeks later...

That is pretty awesome, have you found any live ones?

I know where these are.  I'm going to stop by in the next week or two and see if they've gone live.

• Like 3

The Mobilitie/Sprint sites look good in person.  I drove by several of them today.  I was late for a meeting so I didn't stop to test properly, but they did not appear to be on air.

I also came across two more sites in the same general area that haven't been posted yet.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone have problems with making phone calls lately? I used to be able to make phone calls reliably all over my house but now I would get dropped calls.

Have they focused most of Los Angeles' frequencies for data? I'm wondering about this since I've noticed my data speeds on Band 25 have improved.

Has anyone have problems with making phone calls lately? I used to be able to make phone calls reliably all over my house but now I would get dropped calls.

Have they focused most of Los Angeles' frequencies for data? I'm wondering about this since I've noticed my data speeds on Band 25 have improved.

I haven't noticed any problems with calls.  What part of town are you having these problems?

Not to say nothing else is happening with B25, but B25 improved when Sprint added a 2nd Carrier and made some coverage adjustments at roughly the same time.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed any problems with calls. What part of town are you having these problems?

Not to say nothing else is happening with B25, but B25 improved when Sprint added a 2nd Carrier and made some coverage adjustments at roughly the same time.

I see the B25^2 indicators sometimes in LA but i cant tell that it has provided more LTE capacity at B25. Either way LA needs to be one of the top priorities for Sprint since their coverage and speeds are still severly lacking. Hopefully sprint is working hard at deploying small cells and new macro sites since they desperately need both.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I see the B25^2 indicators sometimes in LA but i cant tell that it has provided more LTE capacity at B25. Either way LA needs to be one of the top priorities for Sprint since their coverage and speeds are still severly lacking. Hopefully sprint is working hard at deploying small cells and new macro sites since they desperately need both.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I completely agree that LA should be a top priority.  Its population density makes it a smart area to invest in.

We're starting to see that investment through the Mobilitie small cell deployment.  I'd hope the other priorities include converting Clear sites and identifying areas that need new macro sites.

Looks like the B41 carriers EARFCN centers have shifted from 40978+41176 to 39874+40072 with the same 31,32,33 and 39,3a,3b endings. Still picking up Clear 40254 (01,02,03) and traces of 39874 though.

SX7qRB5.jpg

Edited by lilotimz
  • Like 1

Looks like the B41 carriers EARFCN centers have shifted from 40978+41176 to 39874+40072 with the same 31,32,33 and 39,3a,3b endings. Still picking up Clear 40254 (01,02,03) and traces of 39874 though.

Maybe this is completely unrelated, but I wonder if they'd use a standalone "private" channel to provide backhaul to all of those new Mobilitie small cells?

Does it work that way... is there a way to control what device can authenticate by carrier?

Maybe this is completely unrelated, but I wonder if they'd use a standalone "private" channel to provide backhaul to all of those new Mobilitie small cells?

Does it work that way... is there a way to control what device can authenticate by carrier?

*shakes head*

Sent from my Nexus 5X

That would make sense to me. Have to do some more math to figure out all the available BRS+EBS to see where they could shove more carriers.

*shakes head*

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Any idea why all the reconfiguration is happening?

I can see running Clear on a different channel so there are no disruptions when transitioning from Clear to Sprint equipment, but are there other reasons?

Any idea why all the reconfiguration is happening?

I can see running Clear on a different channel so there are no disruptions when transitioning from Clear to Sprint equipment, but are there other reasons?

With how large the LA Metropolitan area is it could be anything really but little birds have sung of a Nokia / Alcatel-Lucent third carrier launch late summer so EARFCN shenanigans like above may be a part of the "process" that's going on.  

• Like 2

With how large the LA Metropolitan area is it could be anything really but little birds have sung of a Nokia / Alcatel-Lucent third carrier launch late summer so EARFCN shenanigans like above may be a part of the "process" that's going on.  

Hopefully by Oct, LA Metro/OC will start seeing 3xCA launches in the market because they desperately need the extra capacity since they are not able to deploy 800 MHz yet and I still can't figure out if LA Metro has started deploying a 2nd 5x5 PCS LTE.  The deployment of massive small cell effort would really help.  Sprint has improved a ton with NYC and Chicago but it seems LA Metro speeds remain pretty dismal overall and the rootmetrics prove that against the other 3 carriers.

• Like 2

Are you still getting 39874?

I came across 39858 (near a Mobilitie small cell.)

Seems odd to have an EARFCN so close.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't noticed any problems with calls.  What part of town are you having these problems?

I'm at the San Gabriel Valley, specifically after the 605 and 10 here in West Covina. I remember not having problems with voice or texts before and now it's becoming a regular thing to get a call dropped in the middle of it. Previous areas that weren't problems are having coverage issues now (La Puente near Fry's, Baldwin Park near the 605). Data's awesome, but what's the point of a phone if it can't make calls or text?

I'm at the San Gabriel Valley, specifically after the 605 and 10 here in West Covina. I remember not having problems with voice or texts before and now it's becoming a regular thing to get a call dropped in the middle of it. Previous areas that weren't problems are having coverage issues now (La Puente near Fry's, Baldwin Park near the 605). Data's awesome, but what's the point of a phone if it can't make calls or text?

Have you reported the problems to Sprint?  Anyone else you know having the same problems in that area?  Have them report it too.

• 3 weeks later...