I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!

Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.

Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code? :)

Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker. ;)

Alcatel Lucent is doing the deployment in Los Angeles.

Robert has mentioned that there are might be a few LTE sites in LA active but they are most likely blocked.

Otherwise, network vision seems to be spreading across LA like wild fire. Can't wait until they flip the switch!

• Like 2

I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!

Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.

Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code? :)

Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker. ;)

Febby. Welcome to the site. LA is being deployed with NV at this moment. Since you are new to the site, I will refer you to this thread below for the list of NV markets and their anticipated launch dates. I would suggest you bookmark that thread if you want to keep progress on any other markets that you are curious about.

http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/

As you can see from the thread that LA is anticipated to be launched in the September 2012 time frame.

Another suggestion would be if you do have the opportunity to become a sponsor, DO IT!! Its totally worth the donation since you are able to get access that shows you which towers are live throughout the US including the ones that are live in LA right now.

Thanks guys! I think its safe for me to wait for now then... I currently have a GS2.. with Wimax coverage all around when outside and what not.... I'll try to be a sponsored member once I get a job again ;)!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

Well i ve seen in a lot of web pages that LA is gonna be launched in september,bt not the whole county.step by step

Example here in Glendale and all the way of freeway 5 toward north(Burbank and San Fernando Valley) i saw a lot of work of Alcatel.Here in Glendale they finished already.I asked one of the guys that were working on a site close to my house and they told me: Ylenda sites(5) are ready to go live.

I live in the SW area of the San Fernando Valley in LA. Some of the towers by the 101 freeway and Topanga Cnyn Blvd are complete but once you get up towards the Mulholland area of Calabasas / Woodland Hills.. very poor service. 0.05Mpbs~ average. These towers have no been upgraded and I see no disturbance at the tower sites in quite some time (ie., overgrown entrances etc). One can only hope LTE will reach a bit further than WiMax does and cover these still densley populated areas of Los Angeles, albeit somewhat less metro. I will be moving (D.V.) to the SF valley interior in 3 months, so I'll of course update all the data in that area once I move.

I strongly recommend the Sensorly App to map any or all trips you make while on a car charger etc! Sensorly is a battery eater if you aren't plugged in, but if you are... it's très incroyable!

-Ben Ditzel

Looking at the maps, the San Gabriel Valley doesn't look covered at all! I live in Pasadena and I'm a little worried.

Welcome to S4GRU.

Which maps are you looking at, specifically? Pasadena and the San Gabriel Valley are certainly covered by the Network Vision project. (Also understand that without sponsor status, you don't have access to all the maps on the site. And some maps only show certain subsets, such as those sites scheduled to be completed during a particular calendar month.)

• Like 1

Welcome to S4GRU.

Which maps are you looking at, specifically? Pasadena and the San Gabriel Valley are certainly covered by the Network Vision project. (Also understand that without sponsor status, you don't have access to all the maps on the site. And some maps only show certain subsets, such as those sites scheduled to be completed during a particular calendar month.)

Looking at projected LTE towers, there aren't many in the SGV.

Looking at projected LTE towers, there aren't many in the SGV.

Without a link to the map you are looking at, I suspect you are seeing these maps from June 20. They merely showed the sites that were then completed in the L.A. market or were then scheduled for completion in time for a possible September launch of the LA market with a fraction of its total sites complete. That did not include every site in the whole project, which would take longer for ultimate completion.

There are other sponsor-level S4GRU maps -- to which you now lack access -- showing all the sites in the whole project and allowing interactive zooming. Those are essentially all the current Sprint towers, because that is the scope of the Network Vision project.

Without a link to the map you are looking at, I suspect you are seeing these maps from June 20. They merely showed the sites that were then completed in the L.A. market or were then scheduled for completion in time for a possible September launch of the LA market with a fraction of its total sites complete. That did not include every site in the whole project, which would take longer for ultimate completion.

There are other sponsor-level S4GRU maps -- to which you now lack access -- showing all the sites in the whole project and allowing interactive zooming. Those are essentially all the current Sprint towers, because that is the scope of the Network Vision project.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm one day new here.

Hey guys...any update on Los Angeles launch??

We track those here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

They usually get updated every week or two. Watch the updated date at the bottom of the first post.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

im a member how can i look at the new maps?

New maps? I'm not sure what you are referring to. There are Sponsor maps in the S4GRU Interactive Map section: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/31-interactive-s4gru-maps/

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Now that SF is being worked on any update as to Fresno, CA?

I have been randomly turning on LTE on my gnex around town to see if any are up. None so far

Fresno is not in the 1st or 2nd rounds of Network Vision. Fresno is in the Lower Central Valley Market. Work will start sometime in 2013. Preferably in the 1st half of the year.

I'm curious to see the interactive maps. Living in the South Bay I've noticed 3G in areas where I once had descent speeds decline while areas where I had no signal suddenly have 1.5mbps. How do I become a sponser? Simply donate?

I spoke with a sprint rep yesterday in Pasadena about when LTE was going to become available. They said in about 2-3 months' date=' which is close to the anticipated launch time frame.[/quote']

Finally. A plausible answer. I wonder if it is a broken clock kind of a thing?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1