Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

• 2 months later...

It is! There are have been reports all over south florida as of recent. B26 should be showing up more and more and more. 

To greencat's post above, do they do B26 and B41 at the same time, or are they independent of one another?

Band 26 equipment is/was allegedly installed at the same time as band 25. Unless there was some other circumstances that limited the deployment.

Band 41 was to be done later, but they're already supposed to be working on it for the last 2 months. I think there is one down by Estero. They haven't been fast movers in this market at all.

Edited by greencat

• 3 months later...

Service in ft myers is still horrendous. I did however get b26 on ft myer beach. But the speed was not really usable flucuating from .5-1.5 megs. Most of the time im on weak 3g. There are pockets of 4g, but theyre so few and limited that usually you pass through them while traveling. Definitely not Sprints best effort. Years of work ahead to make this tolerable.

There was at least 2 band 41 near fort meyers on I-75. And by looking at rootmetrics map there are a few more but also from the map you can see the western edge by the beach is bad. Call them and complain.

I will add I saw band 41 in Naples and north of Fort Meyers. I will post my log in the Florida NV 2 thread after I get the log sorted.

Edit: found a screenshot 2015-05-15%2007.51.15.png?dl=0

I'm not surprised there is some band 41. And it does seem like Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Naples... etc, all the areas around Ft Myers, get the upgrades soonest. But I could rarely hang on to a 4G signal. If it is that bad with B25 then B41 is going to be worse. Not sure how much B26 they have there, but whatever they have I'm sure it is overloaded.

I'm not surprised there is some band 41. And it does seem like Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Naples... etc, all the areas around Ft Myers, get the upgrades soonest. But I could rarely hang on to a 4G signal. If it is that bad with B25 then B41 is going to be worse. Not sure how much B26 they have there, but whatever they have I'm sure it is overloaded.

Actually, I think Port Charlotte gives some of the best 4G signal.

Hey everyone. I visited Marco Island today for the first time. I live in Miami....wow, was i impressed on my trip. I had LTE 100% of the time, until my fam and I reached our final destination that is. I went to Tigertail Beach. Soon as we parked, i dropped to 3G...and then 1x....and then roaming. It sucked. We walked from the parking area there and walked 1 mile around to the beach and awkwardly getting father away, the signal improved for some reason. I was getting b25 and 26 back and forth. When we finally set place, signal was 3G 1x800 but horrible speeds. Then i would get some b25/26 again at 5-6megs but it would not hold it and drop back to 3G. Well, i didn't care much cus i was 90% of the time in the water....but when i wanted to be out, i basically was in a black hole. Hope Sprint expands or does something out there to make tourists stays more pleasurable lol.

84ec53db143b315c1da6011fecd1fdbf.jpg

a729f57ec70b0da5509f5f9b28528734.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone, I'm out in Lehigh Acres 33974 for the summer. First I gotta say LTE coverage is really impressive, hard to find yourself on 3G unless you find yourself in my house. But speeds are pretty respectable so no complaints, I love it! Far better than New York. Interestingly enough, my neighborhood's local telephone lines were wired by Sprint before they spun off the service into Embarq, which is cool. All in all very satisfied with the results of NV and, as a New Yorker living here, I love this town!

Far better than New York. Interestingly enough, my neighborhood's local telephone lines were wired by Sprint before they spun off the service into Embarq, which is cool. All in all very satisfied with the results of NV and, as a New Yorker living here, I love this town!

I often wonder where in NY are you testing.

Yesterday..

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1967450146

• Like 2