Syph3r

Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

danlodish345    702

I started to evacuate but I looked at the traffic on the roads. There's too much traffic. Plus by the time the storm reaches the Jax area it'll be a Cat 1 storm. I think I can survive. I also have an AT&T backup line and an AT&T iPad.

All major carriers in my area during Hurricane Sandy were down except Verizon. If Hurricane Jose hits my area I'm doubtful that any carrier will have a working Network. I just pray to God that everyone will be safe.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1dante    30

I'm going to ride it out in Gainesville.

• Like 1

greenbastard    1,125
9 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I have backup networks if Sprint can handle it. I don't know who is going to hold up the best but it will be interesting. I am really prepared. 12 cases of bottled water, 8 jugs, lost count of canned goods, 2 cases of Gatorade, two 30,000 mah battery chargers, flash lights etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No gas or generator? Finding gasoline the week after Harvey was like striking gold in most of Texas. I hope you have dry ice and yeti coolers in case power goes out. Hurricane Ike in 2008 caused power outages for over a week in my place. Generator helped us run the refrigerator and a few fans. Also kept cellphones charged.

• Like 1

S4GRU    54,611

Half my family lives in Marion, Alachua, Putnam and Clay counties.  My parents, several sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., etc.  For those of you who don't know, I grew up there.  Lived in Belleview and Hawthorne.  Went to school at Lake Weir and Interlachen. 

Keep us posted how you're doing.  We care and want to know you're OK.  My prayers with you all!

Robert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terrell352    2,248

I'm safe. Sprint holding up well. 4.5 million without power. The eye of the storm coming straight for Marion county with 100mph winds. I hope I have a home to go to when this is over.

• Like 8

danlodish345    702
3 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I'm safe. Sprint holding up well. 4.5 million without power. The eye of the storm coming straight for Marion county with 100mph winds. I hope I have a home to go to when this is over.

Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tybo31316    918

Well the storm has passed. My power has been out for about 24hrs. Sprint data has a lot been out the same amount of time. I can make and receive calls but iMessages and texts are severely delayed. My family and I are safe. No damage to our homes except a few shingles blew off the roof. 

• Like 3

Terrell352    2,248

Just got Sprint service back yesterday. Lots of towers down. Couldn't make a call or COWS or anything. My Tmobile line allowed me to check up on everyone. Lost power for 2 days but we have water. Now we have power but Cox Communications is down. Now I see the value in having more than one carrier though. Seen lots of devastation. My buddy lost house to a fire. Overall Sprint disappointed me but with the amount of damage it's understandable. 

S4GRU    54,611
10 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Just got Sprint service back yesterday. Lots of towers down. Couldn't make a call or COWS or anything. My Tmobile line allowed me to check up on everyone. Lost power for 2 days but we have water. Now we have power but Cox Communications is down. Now I see the value in having more than one carrier though. Seen lots of devastation. My buddy lost house to a fire. Overall Sprint disappointed me but with the amount of damage it's understandable. 

Yeah, Sprint has UPS back ups on approx 2/3 of their sites and about 1/3 generator backup. But with very localized wind damages, it may not be power related. Wind can damage one carrier on a site and not another. There were probably many pockets where Sprint was the only one working too.  I'm sure it's a mixed bag. It is definitely good to have multiple providers. I've never regretted it.

But it would be good if Sprint increased its percentage of generator backed sites in storm prone areas. 

• Like 2

Terrell352    2,248
5 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Yeah, Sprint has UPS back ups on approx 2/3 of their sites and about 1/3 generator backup. But with very localized wind damages, it may not be power related. Wind can damage one carrier on a site and not another. There were probably many pockets where Sprint was the only one working too.  I'm sure it's a mixed bag. It is definitely good to have multiple providers. I've never regretted it.

But it would be good if Sprint increased its percentage of generator backed sites in storm prone areas. 

At&t at least my situation worked very well. I only ran into one tower down for them. I ran into six Sprint towers down. Two tmobile and I dont have Verizon to know. My home Sprint tower came online the minute electric was restored to the area.

• Like 1

tybo31316    918
6 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Sprint and T-Mobile are both having issues at my home and around town. It's definitely a tower by tower issue. My lights were out also 2 days also. AT&T performed really well. We survived off my AT&T iPhone and iPad. My AT&T fiber home internet is down though. My wife is pissed about her Sprint service because of the storm and wants to switch lol. I'm like it could have happened to any carrier. 

• Like 1

danlodish345    702
2 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

Sprint and T-Mobile are both having issues at my home and around town. It's definitely a tower by tower issue. My lights were out also 2 days also. AT&T performed really well. We survived off my AT&T iPhone and iPad. My AT&T fiber home internet is down though. My wife is pissed about her Sprint service because of the storm and wants to switch lol. I'm like it could have happened to any carrier. 

During Hurricane Sandy up here in New Jersey where I live every carrier was down and Verizon had only a partial Network that was functioning. They're LTE was down but their CDMA was only half working.

• Like 1

mnjeepmale    115

Be nice if Sprint had a backup generator on most of their towers. All the new Verizon towers going up around me have backup generators. Even saw one site that had natural gas generator.

• Like 2